No announcement yet.

mcsMovement Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you describe what you did to generate this error? Have you gone through the setup form and selected some devices to be managed? Do you have a group defined for display?

Comment

I installed the add in via the HS updater. When i hit the mcsMovement icon it gave me the error noted in a couple post above. Reading your post I then moved the files from the Includes zip file into the appropriate directory. I then hit the mcsMovement icon and the last error noted above appeared.

Thanks

Comment

Do you have the Windows Scripting Host V5.6 or later installed? It used to be part of the OS, but on later OS's it is often a separate download. It may be the same issue you are having with xapmcsRF.

Comment

Hey Michael, I'm just testing out your program today using the latest HS Pro 2.4.0.11 and, from what I can tell, your latest script 1.14.0.1. I'm running Windows 7 and have scripting engine 5.8.

I installed from Updater and then upgraded by placing the new ocx file in the HS program's folder.

When HS starts I do get the mcsMovement menu item on the log screen but clicking on ANY item produces nothing. Whether I click setup, help, display, or group I get nothing: no popup, no error, nothing.

I have checked HS' logs but there is nothing in there. I have checked windows logs and there are no application errors.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Comment

Was this solved?
            New Win7 Pro system, latest HS stable version, installed mcsMovement but no way to access the set-up screens.
            As mentioned in the above post, nothing happens when selecting any item, have checked screens are not hidden behind other screens.
            In the original posts, way back when, it mentions the source code is availabe as well but that does not seem to be downloaded. Is the source still available?

Comment

Souce is attached
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                Sorry for the late response but many thanks for posting the mcsMovement source code.

I did as about why nothing appears when selecting any of the items from the drop down menu. This appeared to work when I was using XP Pro but now I have "upgraded" to Win7 on a new low power system it does not work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Comment

mcsMovement has a form GUI with actions based on mouse click events. There are no pulldowns of which I'm aware. HS uses pulldown on the form where the log is located. Any .asp pages I may have done use standard HTML so no reason W7 would have a problem with those.

mcsMovement does use a variety of controls that likely are not directly available on W7, but I would think that it would generate all sorts of errors if they are not present.

Comment

Comment

Setup brings up a form which can be hidden behind other windows. I suspect it is possible that the x,y location of where it puts it may not be in the visible space of your desktop, but I think it puts it at the center of the display.

The CustomHeader error is from the .asp file that uses the "Includes". I believe there is also a setup parameters that tells mcsMovement to build the header internally rather than via the asp script. It could be that the .asp either calls the "Includes" functions or the plugin's method. It has been too long since I worked with it to remember the details.

Comment

Many thanks for your trouble, will "poke" around to try to find the missing window.

Comment

It appears that I am missing "tabctl32.ocx".

This appears to be required for installing the Battery timer location and the setup screen at least.

Does it get installed and registered from mcsMovement or should it be part of the operating system and already registered?
                          Looking on the Internet its also coming up as a possible part of a keylogger which makes me a little "hesitant" in downloading an internet version.

Comment

Attached are two. One is from my W7 x64 install and is in the \Windows\SysWOW64 folder. The other is from an XP install in \Windows\System32. Whichever is appropriate for you can be used and registered with regsvr32.exe.
                            Attached Files

Comment

If anyone is watching this thread

Does anyone know if this was ever ported to HS3?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X