This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike,
    Were you able to find the issue I was having?

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
      Were you able to find the issue I was having?
      Aaron,
      I wasn't but if you post your email addr and which build you use (plm or plc) to my visitor page, i can email you the latest ver. I'll send instructions with my email

Mark
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon MS not updating instantly

Hello there MnSandler !

We have 10 insteon motion sensor linked to devices and they work perfectly but our client would like to have conditionnal events such as time of day for dim levels for the motion triggers so we decided to update plugin to V 1.4.0.2 after reading they are now fully compatible with HS.

We seem to be able to communicate with the devices when we put them into linking mode but that's all we can do, they dont report any occupancy or other activity to HS on an instant basis. Is there anything we have to do after adding the device to homeseer ?

Note that we have added devices manually but HS does read device links succesfully, its just a matter of reporting it's live status.

Any idea ?
        We are going back to the site tomorrow morning ( saturday ) so let me know if you think of anything !

Thank you for the neat improvments on the Insteon plugin !

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
          Hello there MnSandler !

We have 10 insteon motion sensor linked to devices and they work perfectly but our client would like to have conditionnal events such as time of day for dim levels for the motion triggers so we decided to update plugin to V 1.4.0.2 after reading they are now fully compatible with HS.

We seem to be able to communicate with the devices when we put them into linking mode but that's all we can do, they dont report any occupancy or other activity to HS on an instant basis. Is there anything we have to do after adding the device to homeseer ?

Note that we have added devices manually but HS does read device links succesfully, its just a matter of reporting it's live status.

Any idea ?
          We are going back to the site tomorrow morning ( saturday ) so let me know if you think of anything !

Thank you for the neat improvments on the Insteon plugin !
          so you used the plugin "Add New Insteon Device" function? this should have created three links like the following that will report status for each function to HS.

Link #2 Dusk/Dawn Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          Link #3 Low Battery Warning has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          Link #1 Occupancy Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer

if you don't see these links, then delete a motion sensor and readd it while its in linking mode

also, make sure you don't have Night Mode on; there is a jumper for this. check the manual on the smarthome site.

btw. i also dim lights with motion based on the time of the day. works great but there is about a 1 sec delay between motion and the light adjusting. I use doomotion to do this via script but i would expect the same delay with a hs event.

Thanks for the support
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

... but HS does read device links successfully ...
            As for Mark's comment, I also see a delay 2420M reporting to HS, but note that I have only linked the 2420M to HS, and not to a specific device; I use HS events to actually affect devices.

Mark has commented on "Night Mode on"; I have found that if you drive everything from HS, all you need to do close jumper 5, on a Rev 2.0 device. I acknowledge that Mark is questionning whether I have a version 2 2420M. But basic testing will determine whether you have Version 1 (aka Rev 1.0 or 1.1) or Version 2 (aka Rev 2.0). I suggest you read the post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142642.
            Last edited by claude; July 4, 2010, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Insteon motion

Hi guys,

Thx for the replies. Dtill could nto get it to work so I flushed the dimmer level idea and linked the switches directly to the Insteon Sensors...

For some reason, even after deleting them, I got the message that the device was added but that the link tables could not be read and that instant notifications will not be possible when I tried to re-add all of them.

This has also happened on a 2476D switch and a keypadlinc, any idea why this is happening ? We have plenty of access points installed so I doubt signal is the problem.

Regarding the delay, we are expecting a delay just like there is on any device that have to report to homeseer which triggers an action but that is not a big problem to tweak and go by.

I love the improvment on the Insteon plugin, it was time someone took the lead because whatever people say, Zwave is not 10% of the efficiency, cleanlyness or flexibility of Insteon's devices. It is very strange that the best automation software out there ( homeseer ) sticks with it, I guess it's all about the neutral wire not being there for 80% of the old houses. We see this changing here in Canada tough, it's about time electricity becomes regulated !

Thx again guys...

Comment

Hi guys,

Thx for the replies. Dtill could nto get it to work so I flushed the dimmer level idea and linked the switches directly to the Insteon Sensors...

For some reason, even after deleting them, I got the message that the device was added but that the link tables could not be read and that instant notifications will not be possible when I tried to re-add all of them.

This has also happened on a 2476D switch and a keypadlinc, any idea why this is happening ? We have plenty of access points installed so I doubt signal is the problem.

Regarding the delay, we are expecting a delay just like there is on any device that have to report to homeseer which triggers an action but that is not a big problem to tweak and go by.

I love the improvment on the Insteon plugin, it was time someone took the lead because whatever people say, Zwave is not 10% of the efficiency, cleanlyness or flexibility of Insteon's devices. It is very strange that the best automation software out there ( homeseer ) sticks with it, I guess it's all about the neutral wire not being there for 80% of the old houses. We see this changing here in Canada tough, it's about time electricity becomes regulated !

Thx again guys...
                Did you do all of this while the 2420M was still in linking mode?

Comment

Insteon motion

Of course, otherwise the MS would not even have responded.
                  As I mentionned, device is found but table link cannot be retreived as well as instant notification.

Thx...

Comment

When all else fails...

HW reset of the 2420M? Given the price of this device and the relative complexity of its functionality, I suspect its internal logic not to account for all situations

Comment

insteon errors

Hi again guys !

Any idea why I get "device added but link table could not be downloaded" with multiple 2476D and keypadlincs ?

I tried deleting them and they do respond to commands sent manually but I would like to program these via HS since some of them are behind appliances and other hard to move furnitures.

Thank you !

Comment

Hi again guys !

Any idea why I get "device added but link table could not be downloaded" with multiple 2476D and keypadlincs ?

I tried deleting them and they do respond to commands sent manually but I would like to program these via HS since some of them are behind appliances and other hard to move furnitures.

Thank you !
                        please post a detailed log snippet of the programming session
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

insteon errors

here you go, I deleted the device and re-added it...

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:15:24 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Invalid Insteon ID passed to GetLinkTableForDevice of '13.3A.F6'</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:15:24 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Exit CreateDevices</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:15:24 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:15:24 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:15:24 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">[HCM] Registered house code '`' as a new code for device class 'DeviceBaseCode' because an existing HomeSeer device was found using it.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:15:21 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">[HCM] Registered house code '_' as a new code for device class 'DeviceBaseCode' because an existing HomeSeer device was found using it.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:15:13 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">[HCM] Registered house code '^' as a new code for device class 'DeviceBaseCode' because an existing HomeSeer device was found using it.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:15:13 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">[HCM] Registered house code '$' as a new code for device class 'DeviceBaseCode' because an existing HomeSeer device was found using it.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:14:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">[HCM] There are existing 'DeviceBaseCode' class HomeSeer devices currently using the previously allocated base house code of: '\'.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:14:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Warning: An unknown Insteon device of type was added to the system.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">7/26/2010 7:14:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Insteon </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Warning: An unknown Insteon device of type was added to the system.</td></tr></tbody></table>

I also included the insteon log file in attachment... Trimmed it so it would fit in the forum's size range ... The device is 13.

UPDATE : Tried with the 1.4.2.13_PLM.zip version, no improvement but it seems to search for the links longer when adding device.

Also, firmware is 38 on this particular 2476d, I have other 2476D's firmware 22 doing the same thing...

Thx Mn !

Thx !
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think you need to delete and reset these problem devices and the devices that have warning in the attached insteon.txt file.

Then restart hs and make sure you don't get any errors during normal operations

Then readd the devices one by one and watch the log for errors

the reason i suggestion this approach is because there is clearly something wrong with your insteon.ini. You have a devicetype 0307 (IRLinc Transmitter) which the plugin doesn't support directly and another one without a devicetype.

are you using an external script to support the IRLinc Transmitter
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

insteon errors

Sadly, this is not an option ...
                              I am @ 800kms from the server and devices ...

Any manual way trough PC ?

Otherwise, Im only going back in 2 weeks and I would really like to get this done B4 then...

Thx !

Comment

Sadly, this is not an option ...
                                I am @ 800kms from the server and devices ...

Any manual way trough PC ?

Otherwise, Im only going back in 2 weeks and I would really like to get this done B4 then...

Thx !
                                you could try deleting the existing links and then reprogram. either way you need to correct the warnings ini the log
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X