X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chaqita View Post
    I do, Should I delete it? I don't recall why I added if I did it manually
    If there are no other overrides in the file then I would remove it. If you have other overrides, then I would just delete the one for HSBuddy.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
      If there are no other overrides in the file then I would remove it. If you have other overrides, then I would just delete the one for HSBuddy.
      I removed it and was able to load the plugin. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
        Hi All running on Windows...

Can someone let me know what you are seeing the plugin use as far as memory..

Right now, I'm having issues with the system creeping up on memory day by day. I'm looking at my plugins and they all seem to be 30k or less of total memory used (most are ~15 private and ~12 shared)

HSBuddy plugin is running the highest at 60k with 40 private and 20 shared.

I'm running HS3 .445 and the plugin is current version.

Thanks,

Michael
        Hi Michael,

The plug-in will use more memory than before, because I added a feature that keeps a cache of your devices in memory. But memory usage should remain constant once the cache has been initialized. Have you observed the memory usage for the plug-in increase steadily over time?

Antonio.

Comment

I am getting the same error as some others.

Warning: failed getting interface status from HSBUDDY when I activate the plugin.

Current version is HS3 PRO (SEL) 3.0.0.435

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddy View Post
            I am getting the same error as some others.

Warning: failed getting interface status from HSBUDDY when I activate the plugin.

Current version is HS3 PRO (SEL) 3.0.0.435
            Hi,

What's in your HS3 log at the time you try to enable the plugin?

Antonio.

Comment

Hey Antonio, just a quick note, I tried to use some homeseer replacement variables in one of my push notifications, but it didn't get replaced correctly (not that I was really expecting it to, just kind of hoping that it came for free with HomeSeer). It'd be great to either get this functionality in the string messages for the push notifications, or at the very least, let us know the right way to call the push notification action from a script so that I can insert the dynamic values myself.

As an aside, when do you get your own forum with separate posts so that we aren't just letting this one thread grow forever with every issue and question?

thanks for your time, as always
              Adam

Comment

First and foremost, I'm loving this plugin already. Currently have it installed on two devices and really enjoying the ease of setup for geofencing as it was a feature I was having issues to get working previously.

Secondly, and this may have been answered elsewhere, is there anyway to have HSBuddy have more options rather than when a device enters or leaves a geofence?

Example: I encountered a snag today where I entered the geofence but it did not trigger my event so I was wondering if it's possible to make a secondary event that will check the location of a device to set an occupancy virtual device appropriately.

Comment

excellect work!

I have been waiting for this for awhile! came from from vera where this was in its infancy, worked ok but their if-then processing was extremely limited. keep up the great work!

Comment

Suggestion

Suggestion/request;

Would it be possible to have "action-buttons" on the notifications sent through HSbuddy?

For example, if I had a notification sent to my android: "Welcome home, would you like to open the garage-door?", it could be two buttons: "yes" and "no", where each button controlled a device or an event.

That would be awesome

Comment

Built-in phone charge level trigger to control homeseer device/event

It would be great if HSbuddy could be used to shut off/turn on charging to Android/iOS devices by controlling their charger's power with an appliance module, controlled receptacle, etc.

I'm assuming the HSbuddy's implementation can access the device's current charge percentage. This might require background operation/charge buddy being loaded, etc.

Would need input dialogs for high (turn off) and low (turn on) charge thresholds. Also to select the device/events to be controlled.

This would make it easy to have your device charge at night from whatever charge level it's at up to your high threshold (say 80%)
                      This is much easier to use than setting timers for chargers with different current capabilities.

I would expect to have homeseer turn on the charging device before I expect to plug in my device for charging. HSbuddy could get tricky and turn on the charger itself before the device is typically connected for charging.

I looked into apps to send emails at charge levels and setting up homeseer to check the emails and control an appliance switch, but found too many obstacles.

Anyway, thanks for slogging through this post. This would be a great addition IMHO.

Thanks for a great app!

Comment

Howdy..

Fab app - Android user here (with WAF generator on iOS)

Is it possible to disable the user location tracking in the server end of the app ?? The Geofencing config is nice at the server end and its great that the client end just notifies when its in the zone.. However having a notification of where the client is currently (or recently) brings up certain WAF concerns that would prevent getting it over the line.

So an ability to disable current location only (and keep the Geofence in/out capability) would be great..

Many Thanks !!

Comment

Brilliant app, many thanks!

I'm (probably) moving to HS from Vera, and almost dropped the whole idea on first sight of HSTouch until I found your much better alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                            Unable to activate Geo on android client

When I go into settings on the android app and try to enable Geolocation, it comes back after a few second with the following error:

Failed to initialize the geolocation
                            service. Please make sure that the
                            latest version of the HSBuddy plugin
                            is installed and enabled on your HS3 server.

I have the latest version 3.9.605.5.

Here is what is in the HS3 log:

Jun-05 11:39:59 Error Authenticating SSL stream: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
                            Jun-05 11:39:44 Error Authenticating SSL stream: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
                            Jun-05 11:39:29 Error Authenticating SSL stream: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.

I turned on debug logging and this was also put into the log:

Jun-05 11:44:59 HSBuddy Observed client "moto x4" with UUID: 999f99b9d99e9999
                            Jun-05 11:44:58 HSBuddy Observed client "moto x4" with UUID: 999f99b9d99e9999
                            Jun-05 11:44:56 HSBuddy Observed client "moto x4" with UUID: 999f99b9d99e9999

I only have SSL turned on at my HS3 server and I have the accept invalid certificates checked in the app. I do not use MyHomeSeer and have a dedicated IP on my firewall for HS3 and do port forwarding to my HS3 server

Michael
                            I am also receiving the failed to initialize geolocation error. I connect through MyHomeseer, and I am not seeing any SSL errors. The rest of the functions of the app seem to work very well, and I really like the it. It is a major improvement over HSTouch, which I have been using for years. So thanks for this!

I am running Homeseer on a Win 10 machine.
                            HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                            Plugin Version:3.9.610.5
                            App Version:1.0.28

In my Homeseer log I am receiving this message when I open the app and try to turn on geolocation:
                            Aug-26 9:12:32 AM HSBuddy Observed client "Jdmx4" with UUID: 9245d73a3eb45723
                            Aug-26 9:12:32 AM HSBuddy Observed client "Jdmx4" with UUID: 9245d73a3eb45723
                            Aug-26 9:12:30 AM HSBuddy Observed client "Jdmx4" with UUID: 9245d73a3eb45723
                            I notice Michael's device is a Moto x4 as well, so thats interesting.

Comment

How does the app handle multiple houses being available through MyHS? We manage several properties that all have Homeseer and would be great to be able to have this app on all of them and then be presented with a choice of which one to connect to. I've skimmed this forum and also tried it but I'm not seeing that this is possible. Can this be done now? If not, any plans to? Thanks for the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
                                How does the app handle multiple houses being available through MyHS? We manage several properties that all have Homeseer and would be great to be able to have this app on all of them and then be presented with a choice of which one to connect to. I've skimmed this forum and also tried it but I'm not seeing that this is possible. Can this be done now? If not, any plans to? Thanks for the great work.
                                Interesting approach... if each house has the plugin I would think it should work. You tell it what server to attach to. I do not use MyHS, so that part someone else will need to answer, but if you can access your HS via the internet it should work.
                                HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X