No announcement yet.

Zee2 -> Can't install plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal that is says "Installing files" and then just returns to the prompt?

yes

I am currently utilize beta version 387. I have not read of any issues with updates on V.368 except for yours.

Try beta version 387

BTW I suppose you are running Homeseer under admin rather than default eh?

Same procedure as above.

1 - shut down your HS3 program
    2 - ssh to your Zee2
    3 - sudo su
    4 - cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
    5 - ./updatehs 387

or

PM me.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'd like to avoid beta versions if I can help it. And upgrading to .168 didn't seem to help, so I doubt upgrading to the beta would help...

PM sent.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Beta version 387 fixes some issues with version 368 and V387 is a pre-release beta to next standard release of HS3 for Linux.

Some of the issues V387 for Linux fixed are relating to cleansing of memory and updater issues (not the same as your issue though).

The above noted you can also:

1 - back up your Homeseer directory with HS in OFF mode
        2 - reboot and do the DR recovery of the Zee2 which will take you back to the beginning
        3 - copy over you updated HomeSeer directory (with Homeseer in Off mode).

It is up to you Magnus.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, the DR-thing did not help. I'm sure it installed HomeSeer again just fine, but I'm still not able to install plugins.

Are there no Zee2-images around?
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            Pete, the DR-thing did not help. I'm sure it installed HomeSeer again just fine, but I'm still not able to install plugins.

Are there no Zee2-images around?
            The Zee image is available on the HomeSeer downloads page.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The download link is here:

Download Zee2 image.

Note you will lose anything done unless you back it up to some other medium.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm bringing this up again. That link is only just under 30 MB big, Pete. Is it right?

Comment

Yup...mostly it's a script that downloads the image that it writes to the RPi.

Personally I would

1 - create your microSD card with HS3 lite on it.
                  2 - copy out the /usr/shar/HomeSeer directory to a USB stick or whatever
                  3 - create a new RPi3 Stretch build
                  4 - install mono
                  5 - copy your backed up HS directory to your new RPi3 SD card
                  6 - configure the RPi to autostart Homeseer.

This will provide newest RPi3 OS of Stretch and newest Mono and would be a learning experience.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Well... I just want a plain Zee2 installation so I can debug issues with my plugins on it.

I want to find issues that others using Zee2 might have.

And it's for demoing HS. I've been asked by the local library to do a speech on "smart homes" and my approach to it, I'd like to do a short demo too.

Comment

That is the correct link. I believe the installer is based on the Raspberry Pi NOOBS Lite installer: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

This gets burnt to the SD card, then it downloads and installs the full OS image from the web.

Comment

Ah, excellent. I'll be trying this tonight.

Comment

Yeah, this looks good!

Just last question. Is it possible to get the homeseer database (or entire directory) out from the SD-card using a Windows computer?

Comment

Yeah, this looks good!

Just last question. Is it possible to get the homeseer database (or entire directory) out from the SD-card using a Windows computer?
                            I think WinSCP would be your best bet for that. You can drag-drop folders as well as files.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                              I think WinSCP would be your best bet for that. You can drag-drop folders as well as files.
                              Ah, I only have the SD-card. It's not in the Pi.

Comment

Ah, I only have the SD-card. It's not in the Pi.
                                Haven't tried this, but if you're brave: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd/

Comment

Working...
                                X