Need to re-install znets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to re-install znets

I have two znets with about 50 devices each. My router went down and after installing a new router there is a mixup in the ip addresses on my znets.

Question. If I need to re-install the znets, will all my devices be intact and events still run, or do I have to re-install everything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
    I have two znets with about 50 devices each. My router went down and after installing a new router there is a mixup in the ip addresses on my znets.

Question. If I need to re-install the znets, will all my devices be intact and events still run, or do I have to re-install everything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Since the node information is stored in the Z-Net, I would think all you need to do is edit the controller page IP addresses to match the new IP addresses assigned to the Z-Nets, or assign the old addresses via static IP in the Z-Net, or change to the configuration where HomeSeer finds the Z-Net by name. None of those should cause you to lose any devices or break any events.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Since the node information is stored in the Z-Net, I would think all you need to do is edit the controller page IP addresses to match the new IP addresses assigned to the Z-Nets, or assign the old addresses via static IP in the Z-Net, or change to the configuration where HomeSeer finds the Z-Net by name. None of those should cause you to lose any devices or break any events.
      Right, I have been doing that. My question concerns, what if I was to remove a znet and then add it again. What happens to all the devices stored in the znet and events using them. I realize the devices are stored in the znet, but what happens on the HS3 side when I remove a znet and add it again? Is my question clear?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
        Right, I have been doing that. My question concerns, what if I was to remove a znet and then add it again. What happens to all the devices stored in the znet and events using them. I realize the devices are stored in the znet, but what happens on the HS3 side when I remove a znet and add it again? Is my question clear?
        I guess, I don't understand what you mean by "remove". If you mean remove the controller from the HomeSeer controller configuration page, then add it again, it should still work the same. You can always take a backup of the controllers before you do anything, then restore each Z-Net from its backup after you have added them back to HomeSeer -only- if you loose devices. You would only have to fully optimize the network again. A backup of all controllers and of HomeSeer is a good idea before you do anything with them.

If you are removing a controller from the configuration page, then adding it in at a new address or with a new name, but not changing the Z-Wave device table within it, it should match back up to the devices in HomeSeer.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X