HomeSeer and Apple Siri (HomeKit) the easy way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for this.

What a fun little project! Works great! I had been using the Homebridge plugin and a VM to accomplish this, however, I really like running the server on the PI. Very slick! Works great! Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Jumper4000

This is awesome, thanks so much for putting this together jumper. I have never owned or used a raspberry pi before. Ordered everything I would need a few weeks ago. Decided to sit down tonight and after about 2 hours with zero previous experience I'm walking around telling Siri to turn lights off and on. Can't wait to get into the json nitty gritty and figure out how to add a few other devices. Wife is going to love this when I show her tomorrow. Just got into HS a couple months ago and was banking on HomeKit control for my family to use instead of HS3Touch. You saved me so much time!!!

Comment

Thanks again Jumper4000, I managed to comb through the original thread and picked up on all the formats for different devices. I was able to get my garage doors included since your app didn't identify them. I was also able to add some events as switches and my alarm system. I attached for others some formatting outlines for devices that stipus posted throughout the long thread. I will keep this for reference to add events and perhaps doors/windows down the road.

Also as has been mentioned jsonlint.com is great for checking json configurations for general formatting. I had missed a comma on my edits and this picked it up for me and showed me right away where my mistake was.
        Attached Files

Comment

What is the username and password. Can not manage to log in via ssh with pi and raspberry

Comment

For those of you using this method to control devices true Siri how reliable has it been. I was fortunate enough to get Fraggel's plugin before it was taken off the store. I has worked almost flawlessly for the past 6 months. Then 2 weeks ago I started getting a lot of "i didn't hear back from your devices". Updated to IOS 11 2 days ago and it seems worst. Since the plugin is no longer supported I need a new solution because now I can't live without it Siri

Comment

Default raspberry login is

User: pi
              password: raspberry

I am getting a pi today to do this, does this still work with iOS 11? Using this method as opposed to the old plugin?

Comment

I have only been using this a short while, but once I ironed out some kinks with my json it has been extremely reliable. I am still using iOS 10, but my wife is iOS 11 and I haven't had any complaints from her. She also doesn't use Siri as much as I do though.

Comment

Hey freon

It works flawlessly. Im running OS11.1

My only issue is I have an extra device(a duplicate of another one) under my Home app's favorites that says default room unsupported. Not sure if a bug. Doesn't affect Siri at all just my OCD kicks. I just may not use the Home app and just Siri by itself and than use HSTOUCH app or something else

Comment

Having difficultly setting up

I have been able to start up the Raspberry PI3. Then I ran HomeBridge Config Maker. When I try first boot, I get the error No such host is known. I have tried the IP address of the HomeSeer computer. Nothing seems to work.

Do I need a plug-in installed, if so which one.

Comment

HomeBridge Plugin

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                      For those of you using this method to control devices true Siri how reliable has it been. I was fortunate enough to get Fraggel's plugin before it was taken off the store. I has worked almost flawlessly for the past 6 months. Then 2 weeks ago I started getting a lot of "i didn't hear back from your devices". Updated to IOS 11 2 days ago and it seems worst. Since the plugin is no longer supported I need a new solution because now I can't live without it Siri
                      I have the plugin also, but I have it turned off. I used the config.json creator tool in the post above to make a config.json, and that seems to work well. I wonder if the plugin still works or provides any benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by johnhmccauley@gmail.com View Post
                        I have been able to start up the Raspberry PI3. Then I ran HomeBridge Config Maker. When I try first boot, I get the error No such host is known. I have tried the IP address of the HomeSeer computer. Nothing seems to work.

Do I need a plug-in installed, if so which one.
                        I had to add both the ip address of my hometroller and of the rasberry pi. For some reason was unable to resolve the host name "RaspberryPiHB" and I switched this for the ip address and everything worked. No plugin needed.

Comment

That worked

Using the IP address for both worked.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Homebridge home kit stops responding after a while

After following all the steps, the setup does work for about a day, before the home app shows not responding. A different home kit app, does let me still turn lights on, but does not report the status correctly.

Restarting the Raspberry PI, does not fix the issue. I have to remove HomeBidge from the Home app and add it again.

Any idea what is going on?

Comment

I have not had that problem since I set it up about a month ago. I am curious if you are using an Apple TV or iPad as you HomeKit hub? I do not run my setup this way and do not have access to HomeKit outside the home. I am far from an expert with homebridge and mainly followed the instructions myself, but wonder if this could have something to do with your issue.

Comment

HomeBridge

The Home App is reporting that my AppleTV is the hub.

I have restarted everything, and will see how long it lasts. I am controlling X10 light switches connected to my Omni II. Still trying to figure how buttons can be triggered.

Do you know how to turn on logging and then view logs to see what went wrong next time?

Comment

Working...
                                X