The state of the different speaker do not update in hs3 device manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    I apologize if this questions is offending, but is it a router or a switch, we're talking about? Which brand/model number we're talking about?

You shouldn't have to connect your player directly to your PC, they just need to be in the same subnet. Are you familiar with subnetting?

Maybe let us know what router brand/model you are using and maybe what exactly are you setting/configuring on the router? Screen shot perhaps or something more descriptive.

Hope I didn't offend you but if a person's background is not in networking, there is a major difference between routers and switches and what they do and what they are designed NOT to do.

Dirk
    Thanks for your time and fast replies Dirk. I am not offended at all, i want to learn if i missed something.

no i am not familiar with subnet, but i maybe can extrapolate what this is with some information. Is a subnet something like sonos is doing with their b/g network ?

My router model is V2 wrt1900acs

i am looking at the option to set my router in english for screenshot. Cause now it is in french

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
      Thanks for your time and fast replies Dirk. I am not offended at all, i want to learn if i missed something.

no i am not familiar with subnet, but i maybe can extrapolate what this is with some information. Is a subnet something like sonos is doing with their b/g network ?

My router model is V2 wrt1900acs

i am looking at the option to set my router in english for screenshot. Cause now it is in french
      French is OK.

This is indeed a router, but it only routes between the WAN and the LAN port, so if your PC is on one of the 4 ports on the LAN side and your Sonos is on another LAN port OR they are on the wireless side, all should be fine.

You shouldn't do anything actually on the router at all, unless there was an option to prevent port to port communication on the LAN side, this is not typical but if you were to create a guest network, that's what would happen. I'm curious what you change on the router actually.

Sooo.... that brings us back to the firewall. We're talking firewall on your PC not router! How do you stop your Firewall? This is not AntiVirus, this is Firewall. What Firewall do you have, is it the built in Windows Defender or a 3rd party?

Getting closer....

Dirk

Comment

French is OK.

This is indeed a router, but it only routes between the WAN and the LAN port, so if your PC is on one of the 4 ports on the LAN side and your Sonos is on another LAN port OR they are on the wireless side, all should be fine.

You shouldn't do anything actually on the router at all, unless there was an option to prevent port to port communication on the LAN side, this is not typical but if you were to create a guest network, that's what would happen. I'm curious what you change on the router actually.

Sooo.... that brings us back to the firewall. We're talking firewall on your PC not router! How do you stop your Firewall? This is not AntiVirus, this is Firewall. What Firewall do you have, is it the built in Windows Defender or a 3rd party?

Getting closer....

Dirk
        I tried to change the channel in the iphone sonos app from 6 to 11 to 1. It seems less problematic.. but it fails one time too.. So i think this is just chance.

-Sometimes it works.
        -Sometimes it works with a 10 sec delay
        -Sometimes it does not work.

I have the windows firewall enable. I tried to disable it 2 hours ago.. but it chnaged nothing. I can try again, or change the firewall app completly.

I sent you a pdf file of my network. This is printed from my router. Since i use the Sonos network i gave priority to the sonos connect wich is connected to my router.
        You can also see the settings i played with on my router.. but they are now to default..

Edit: My automatisation with sonos did work this time with a 5 minutes delay.. that is weird.

So i tried another command directly after that... and it works now..

So seems like it goes on and off lol

Edit 2: waited ffor it to ''bug', again. then turned off the firewall. Then try again my hs automatisation with sonos: the status of sonos do not update
        Last edited by ; January 12, 2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I tried to change the channel in the iphone sonos app from 6 to 11 to 1. It seems less problematic.. but it fails one time too.. So i think this is just chance.

-Sometimes it works.

I have the windows firewall enable. I tried to disable it 2 hours ago.. but it chnaged nothing. I can try again, or change the firewall app completly.

I sent you a pdf file of my network. This is printed from my router. Since i use the Sonos network i gave priority to the sonos connect wich is connected to my router.
          You can also see the settings i played with on my router.. but they are now to default..

Edit: My automatisation with sonos did work this time with a 5 minutes delay.. that is weird.

So i tried another command directly after that... and it works now..

So seems like it goes on and off lol

Edit 2: waited ffor it to ''bug', again. then turned off the firewall. Then try again my hs automatisation with sonos: the status of sonos do not update
          So the settings are all about your local network to internet traffic so they are not affecting any of what we are doing here.
          I see a bunch of devices connected to the LAN versus wireless, there are more than 4 of them. This router only has 4 ports, do you use a hub or a switch to break out your local network into more wired ports?

Maybe we have a couple of different issues going on here ....
          Let's say that the firewall *might* be part of the issue, so leave it off while we re-calibrate our issues.

When you write:
          Sometimes it works.

what does "works" mean? You have an event that doesn't do what you want it to do? You have a status that is not being updates? If so, what are you looking at? Status on HS3 web-page, HSTouch screen on your web-browser on your phone? Make sure the problem is not with the refreshing of whatever tool you are looking at.

If it doesn't work, will it never work, or does it sometimes start working again (without you restarting anything)?

I do see in your table that all 3 players are wired. If you have only ONE player wired and leave the other 2 disconnected and force them to use their own SonosNet, does it make a difference? If you wire up all your players it is crucial to understand how the connection BETWEEN them is. Is this going through the Linksys router on the LAN side, are there switches in between etc. You MUST have STP or RSTP enabled on all switches else there is a reasonable change that the wired players are going to create network loops, which *might* be an explanation why it sometime takes longer times or something it doesn't work at all.

I would also recommend you remove the attachments (click edit, advanced, remove attachment) from previous postings because there is a bunch of network info in their that prying eyes should see.

Dirk

Comment

I have 4 devices connected to my router.

1.My homeseer PC
            2. My Lutron Pro Hub
            3. My WD Server
            4. The Sonos connect ( wich is connected to my soundbar ) ( And wich acts as a bridge for the two other sonos players i think? So this is why they are written as wired maybe.)

I do not have any switch on my local network.

what i meant by it does not work.. is the sonos status of my sonos devices ( in hs3 device page) do not update when i press the play or pause button on the iphone app. Or they update after a delay.

I use the play/pause states of the sonos device to trigger harmony activities . I know sonos is the problem because if i manually turn on the harmony event ( trigered by sonos states) in the hs3 event page, it does work.

I removed the files on the thread thanks.

edit: as you can see in the picture below, the track position is more advanced in time then the track Lenght. Wich means the states have not been updated

So the settings are all about your local network to internet traffic so they are not affecting any of what we are doing here.
            I see a bunch of devices connected to the LAN versus wireless, there are more than 4 of them. This router only has 4 ports, do you use a hub or a switch to break out your local network into more wired ports?

Maybe we have a couple of different issues going on here ....
            Let's say that the firewall *might* be part of the issue, so leave it off while we re-calibrate our issues.

When you write:
            Sometimes it works.

what does "works" mean? You have an event that doesn't do what you want it to do? You have a status that is not being updates? If so, what are you looking at? Status on HS3 web-page, HSTouch screen on your web-browser on your phone? Make sure the problem is not with the refreshing of whatever tool you are looking at.

If it doesn't work, will it never work, or does it sometimes start working again (without you restarting anything)?

I do see in your table that all 3 players are wired. If you have only ONE player wired and leave the other 2 disconnected and force them to use their own SonosNet, does it make a difference? If you wire up all your players it is crucial to understand how the connection BETWEEN them is. Is this going through the Linksys router on the LAN side, are there switches in between etc. You MUST have STP or RSTP enabled on all switches else there is a reasonable change that the wired players are going to create network loops, which *might* be an explanation why it sometime takes longer times or something it doesn't work at all.

I would also recommend you remove the attachments (click edit, advanced, remove attachment) from previous postings because there is a bunch of network info in their that prying eyes should see.

Dirk
            Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Hi Dirk,

I unpluged the cat6 wire from the sonos Connect . So now all my sonos are wireless... so the 3 players are showing as wirelessly connected to the router in the router config page..

That seems to do the tricks..

I'll try this for a couple of days and will get you back after that !

thanks

Comment

Hi Dirk,

I unpluged the cat6 wire from the sonos Connect . So now all my sonos are wireless... so the 3 players are showing as wirelessly connected to the router in the router config page..

That seems to do the tricks..

I'll try this for a couple of days and will get you back after that !

thanks
                That actually doesn't surprise me, this is most likely pointing to network loops and RSTP not being activated throughout the network.

You could also wire only 1 player, have NONE of the players connected to your wifi network and have the inter player communication be dealt with through the embedded SonosNet. That I believe is the recommended deployment model by Sonos.

Dirk

Comment

My connect has stopped updateing state in HS aswell. I can control it from HS but the device is not update in HS

Comment

Originally posted by lilfire View Post
                    My connect has stopped updateing state in HS aswell. I can control it from HS but the device is not update in HS
                    Stated above, check your firewall ..... all points to firewall not providing proper allowance to the HSPI_SONOS.EXE (incoming and outgoing) ..... assuming you didn't do any deleting of devices or moving setup between PCs etc.

Comment

I think i resolved thoses issues by changing the router firware to a custom one ''lede''. The default one is buggy.

The states of all my sonos seems more responsive. We'll see

Comment

I Dirk,

the issus is there again. It is less frequent.

When it's happens i mannually press the play buttons on the HSe device page. And then the pungin communicate with sonos states again.

So i am tinking if this is an issues with the plugin itselft?
                        I was tinking about buying the sonost boost... but i do not want to buy this for nothing.

Thanks Matt

EDIT:

reverted back tro boost mode (Vm=0)( lan connected to my connect). But this time i cheked clearly on what channel was my 2.4 ghz router .

So this time i did put the boost setup on channel 11. and the wifi on channel 1. I do not know if that was the case at the begining.

Will report back
                        Last edited by ; January 31, 2018, 10:33 PM.

Comment

hi dirk,

i got this error this time. And the player do not report the states of the sono anymore.

eb-09 6:26:01 PM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of PlayerControl. Plugin: Sonos Instance: RINCON_5CAAFD5D90EA01400&clientid=0

Comment

hi dirk,

i got this error this time. And the player do not report the states of the sono anymore.

eb-09 6:26:01 PM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of PlayerControl. Plugin: Sonos Instance: RINCON_5CAAFD5D90EA01400&clientid=0
                            Benign error ....
                            Have you been deleting devices? HS3 seems to be unwilling to remove URLs I gave it but this would only show when a player was deleted and re-added. If players were deleted, how did you do this? If you deleted devices straight out of the hs device management page, your HS DB is now inconsistent with the Sonos .ini file and some players won't work, but they typically don't work at all. If they work for a while and stop updating, saying it again ..... firewall!!!

Comment

it stopped updating since two hours from now. firewall is off.

will try to delete the plugin and star over gain

Comment

it stopped updating since two hours from now. firewall is off.

will try to delete the plugin and star over gain
                                was firewall off before it stopped or you just turned firewall off after it stopped? Don't delete the PI, it really makes no difference (in this case). If there is a corruption, you need to stop HS3 and delete the sonos.ini file and start again which will wipe out all Sonos created devices and start all over BUT it will also corrupt all Sonos PI related events that you might have created, so you would have to redo those.
                                So last time the problem went away after you made all players wireless, so this may suggest an issue with the router. Subsequently you posted you had updated the FW on that router and things were better. Are you now back to the old wired config or still on a pure wireless config? The problem could still be in your network where perhaps mac entries age out or other issues (switches tend to learn where traffic comes and goes to and "remembers" it to be more efficient for the next time but times them out if no traffic comes through for a while).
                                If you restart the PI (not PC not HS) does it start working again? Key to remember why there are these (firewall) challenges is that at start-up, the PI will establish TCP connections with players (for each UPNP service-event it is interested in) so it will initiate the conversation which is something firewalls like. What firewalls (or age based tables like arp, mac learning) don't like, is that traffic comes from somewhere and they have no prior knowledge of this source (because the info has times out). That's why after x minutes suddenly updates don't work anymore. UPNP was designed that when the TCP connection fails, the UPNP subsystem generates an event and the UPNP user will take action to recover from this. In your case, the events are lost but the TCP connection is actually still active. How do I know this: because I wrote the UPNP subsystem

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X