HAI Plugin Beta - 3.0.1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plugin Beta - 3.0.1.3

Version 3.0.1.3 was submitted to the updater this morning. It might be a little while before it shows up in the updater.

Changes in this version:
    • Added output control buttons to the device management page.
    • All Child devices now use name/value pairs for PED.
    • Refactoring older code.
    • Added routine to update devices - no more removing devices for plugin update.
    • Fixed issue with Outputs not updating HS with initial status.

***Backup your current installation so you can revert back if needed!!

Note - No longer necessary to remove devices before updating plugin versions.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Thank you Rob!!!
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. The source code is much more structured than when I began, so I'm able to make changes a little faster/easier now.

Comment

Hey Rob,

Wow, these updates are happening fast...awesome! Had a couple of questions regarding the release (still not yet available) and the items below:

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        [*] All Child devices now use name/value pairs for PED.[*] Fixed issue with Outputs not updating HS with initial status.
        1) Not sure what the PED comment is and what might this affect?
        2) Does the issue fixing the Outputs also address the Zone initial status problem as well?

Looking forward to testing. Thanks for all the effort!

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
          Hey Rob,

Wow, these updates are happening fast...awesome! Had a couple of questions regarding the release (still not yet available) and the items below:

1) Not sure what the PED comment is and what might this affect?
          2) Does the issue fixing the Outputs also address the Zone initial status problem as well?

Looking forward to testing. Thanks for all the effort!

-Travis
          Hey Travis:

PED is Plugin Extra Data and is a way for developers to store some information in each device that is created, usually information that is specific to a plugin. Prior to this release, I was storing a custom class and I moved it to simple name-value pairs. The user wont notice anything on the surface - this is all under the hood.

I think fixing the Output's initial status should have fixed the Initial Zone status as well. Try it out and let me know. My panel is still not configured nearly as much as you guys - I'm slowly building my system.

Yeah, prior to the 3.x.x.x release, the source code was not structured very well. Now that I have it in a form that is much easier to make changes.

The updater process is a little slow. I'll ping the updater group at HST and see when it will be posted.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info Rob. I will test as soon as it's available and I have a chance to install.

-Travis

Comment

Installed update a few minutes ago.

It is shutting down and restarting itself. I went to look at the console and see this.

6/30/2015 4:44:40 PM--INIFILE set to: HAI.ini
              6/30/2015 4:44:40 PM--Starting threads.
              6/30/2015 4:44:42 PM--HAI Plugin Thread was started.
              6/30/2015 4:44:42 PM--Initializing Timers...
              6/30/2015 4:44:42 PM--Checking root devices for HAI...
              6/30/2015 4:44:43 PM--Device initialization is complete.

Unhandled Exception:
              System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              at HSPI_HAI.Util.CheckDevicesForUpgrade () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
              at HSPI_HAI.HSPI.HAI_Proc () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
              [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              at HSPI_HAI.Util.CheckDevicesForUpgrade () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
              at HSPI_HAI.HSPI.HAI_Proc () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
              updating devices

Will try maybe deleting all of the HAI devices?

Shut down plugin and deleted all of the HAI devices.

Started up the plugin and it created all of the devices. No errors were seen in the console log.

Plugin is running now without shutting down.

Will enable mysql db logging in a bit.

BTW I have been able to watch the console via Webmin by using a cron job to start HS3 instead of using Upstart.

Cleared mysql db via HeidiSQL.

Enabled mysqldb logging.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete,

I am not seeing that at all. I upgraded from the latest 3.0.1.2 (2nd 3.0.1.2 Manual file replacement version) and so far all is well.

-Travis

Comment

Yup; here had also updated manually to last version posted 3.0.1.2.

The above went away when I shut down the plugin. Deleted all of the HAI variables. Turned on the plugin. I saw no more issues in the console.

I did have an extra or double output and I think it was a straggler after I had defined one output. Not sure.
                  When it created all of the output variables they were fine this time. Thinking I saw the double output when I defined one output?

Turned on DB and checked just now at ~600 rows. Looks good.

I do not see any temperature queries in the mySQL logs at this time.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hi Rob,

Just some notes I have so far:

1) I had to remove my Output Devices and reimport them (Turn off/on in your web menu) to enable to the Controlled Output capability. I tried to manually apply the controls to the original devices but they still didn't show up. All good and testing functional now. I kind of expected this but you may want to note that is necessary.

2) The Initial status update appears to be working on the Zones and Outputs (Exceptions noted in #3 below). This fixed the majority of my initial status issues and graphics not appearing in the HS Device List.

3) The following status items do not yet update initially. I suspect it is due to the fact they are different sensors or have different Zone Status types or conditions that are not recognized. They do not present a graphic or status in the Device List.

1) Keyfob Panic Button - Zone Type=Panic (7 of 8 other buttons appear ok, not Panic type though)
                    2) Carbon Monoxide Sensors - Zone Type=Gas
                    3) Window Sensor - Zone Type=Auxiliary (Window is Bypassed)

This is what they look like in the HAI Plug-in Zone Web Page:

# Annotation Status Name Area Loop Zone Type isSecurity? isArming?

085 (EE3-5) SECURE Keyfob1-Button4 Travis - Keyfob - Button 4 - Panic! 1 10 Panic True True

053 (EE1-5) SECURE Upstairs - CO CO Detector 1 148 Gas True False

067 (EE2-3) SECURE Aubrie - Window Window 1 20 Auxiliary False False

I am not sure what items are considered complete for Zones at this point so I am not sure what to report as a bug vs something that isn't supported yet.

Thanks again Rob!

-Travis

Comment

Looking good here Rob.

Did a quickie test on the outputs using PCA to manually turn on and off an output.

Instant status on the HAI output page. Then did same on the HAI output page to PCA.

Instant status on PCA.

Been using NOAA radio with wireless switches and now moving the NOAA radio output to one zone to test with WeatherXML.

~1000 mysql database entries and doing fine.
                      Last edited by Pete; June 30, 2015, 08:13 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                        Hi Rob,

Just some notes I have so far:

1) I had to remove my Output Devices and reimport them (Turn off/on in your web menu) to enable to the Controlled Output capability. I tried to manually apply the controls to the original devices but they still didn't show up. All good and testing functional now. I kind of expected this but you may want to note that is necessary.

2) The Initial status update appears to be working on the Zones and Outputs (Exceptions noted in #3 below). This fixed the majority of my initial status issues and graphics not appearing in the HS Device List.

3) The following status items do not yet update initially. I suspect it is due to the fact they are different sensors or have different Zone Status types or conditions that are not recognized. They do not present a graphic or status in the Device List.

1) Keyfob Panic Button - Zone Type=Panic (7 of 8 other buttons appear ok, not Panic type though)
                        2) Carbon Monoxide Sensors - Zone Type=Gas
                        3) Window Sensor - Zone Type=Auxiliary (Window is Bypassed)

This is what they look like in the HAI Plug-in Zone Web Page:

#AnnotationStatusNameAreaLoopZone TypeisSecurity?isArming?

085(EE3-5)SECUREKeyfob1-Button4 Travis - Keyfob - Button 4 - Panic!110PanicTrueTrue

053(EE1-5)SECUREUpstairs - CO CO Detector1148GasTrueFalse

067(EE2-3)SECUREAubrie - Window Window120AuxiliaryFalseFalse

I am not sure what items are considered complete for Zones at this point so I am not sure what to report as a bug vs something that isn't supported yet.

Thanks again Rob!

-Travis
                        Great info, Travis. I do need to check the HAI protocol docs for those zone types. It might be as easy as just adding those zone types.
                        Sorry you had to delete/read the devices. I thought my new routine would have worked

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          Looking good here Rob.

Did a quickie test on the outputs using PCA to manually turn on and off an output.

Instant status on the HAI output page. Then did same on the HAI output page to PCA.

Instant status on PCA.

Been using NOAA radio with wireless switches and now moving the NOAA radio output to one zone to test with WeatherXML.

~1000 mysql database entries and doing fine.
                          Thanks Pete. That's exactly how I tested things - with PC access.

I am very interested in your NOAA connection to the hai panel. If I understand, you'll signal a zone when the NOAA alert goes off?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. Thank you Rob for a great plugin.

Been using it with the Homeseer 2 box. The radio is programmed for just local alerts.

There is a NO switch on the radio which goes to NC when a NOAA alert is triggered.

First have Homeseer generate a TTS with alert.

Then an event triggers to screen scrape the NOAA alerts then read the alert.

See here.

Weather radio integration for automation
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              Yes. Thank you Rob for a great plugin.

Been using it with the Homeseer 2 box. The radio is programmed for just local alerts.

There is a NO switch on the radio which goes to NC when a NOAA alert is triggered.

First have Homeseer generate a TTS with alert.

Then an event triggers to screen scrape the NOAA alerts then read the alert.

See here.

Weather radio integration for automation
                              Very nice, Pete!

On a related note, I have two driveway sensors being shipped from Amazon. I'll wire these into my HAI panel to alert me, via the plugin, when cars approach my house.

Comment

Working...
                              X