This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit the \config\mcsXap1wire.ini file in the [ONEWIRE] section and add
    DEBUGLOG="1" then start xapmcs1wire. It will place debug info in a text file in the \Data folder.

If you get no heartbeat or anything in the hub then you have more basic problems than just loosing your configuation.

The version 1 of xapmcs1wire is also posted and has been used my many people. You may have better luck with it, but I suspect the same problems will occur there.

Comment

xapmcs1wire

rebooted and found that in html the .ini file had all of the data of the devices in it.
      i removed it and reinstalled your xapmcs1wire software. I also reinstalled the hob.
      after starting the hub, i noticed that when starting 1wire i was getting readings in the hub. also i wire showed all of the devices. i changed the color and i did not lose the devices. i also noticed that the address of the brouser is at http://localhost:8014/status but any of the underlined tags above the save changes button go to mcs6:8014/status.
      how do you changed the status of the switch 2405?

Comment

A switch is an input discrete. If your DS2405 is wired as an output device then change the type column for it to relay. It will then be able to accept commands for on/off. xapmcs1wire will provide a local control on/off button for relays. It can also be done via xAp message. When mcsXap has been configured and this relay device has been accepted in mcsXap then it will have a homeseer device code that can be controlled. Before it can be accepted there there needs to be an xap message send when it is configured as a relay. This message will be sent when it is controlled as on/off from xapmcs1wire. mcsXap also has a query button. If you put the query address of mcs.>:> in its text box and click the query button then all devices from xapmcs1wire will show up for selection in mcsXap.

Comment

xapmcs1wire

thanks for all your help so far
          when 1wire comes up in the brouser for the first time it is at
          localhost:8014/status
          i noticed at the bottom of the page it has under http 8015. when i send and go to the brouser it goes to localhost:8015/status and cant find anything.
          if i catch that before send i dont have that prob.
          when i start
          hs2.1.122 and go to devices none of the 1wire are there. if i click on xap tab i still do not see the devices.
          in the hs log it has
          09/07/06 10:51:56 PM - xAP Conduit - HomeSeer is not receiving xAP messages. Please check your network connection and the xAP Hub. If you have to restart the hub it may take upto 1 minute for this message to disappear

i tried restarting the hub but no change.

also changing the switch to relay did not stick in the status page even when i send

also when i go to the devices tab in xap there is a colom for bsc but still no new devices

Comment

I was working with xapmcsTemp0x at the same time and it looks as if I mixed up the ports since 8015 is the default for xapmcsTemp0x. I fixed this and posted as V2.0.26.

I notice your message are from xAP Conduit. This plugin should work, but I will not be able to help you with it. You get better support for that one on the Yahoo xAP group. I dropped off of that group email support mechanism because I did not like my email flooded with this chatter. I think you can sign up for it via http://xapautomation.org.

If you want to use the same one I use then download it from http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=106451. I'm sure the hub you are using is fine so there is no reason to change. The one I use is posted at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109125.

Comment

Michael,

Still no luck with the latest rev and my AAG pressure sensor. Strangely it doesn't show up at first when I start it up. After I do a search it will then show up and poll it once. After that it never polls it again, but it polls everything else. If I exit it and go back in, those steps repeat again. I do have a hub, and everything else is working fine. I tried adjusting the polling time to be different just in case it was tripping it up as I know it causes it to pause for about 10s when it gets polled.

Thank you,

-Mike

Comment

I added debug logic in the last couple builds to help identify why sensors are not being polled at the specified rate. Enable the debug checkbox and post the file that is created in the \data folder.

Comment

Michael,

Here you go.

Thanks!

-Mike
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm not certain how I've told you to configure the barometer since it involves two DS2406. What I noticed is that it believes one of them is behind the hub and the other is not

9/8/2006 1:23:31 PM | xapmcs1WireDebug GetSensorData 0A00000031DF0C12, Hub=5F000000027F491F 0 20
                    9/8/2006 1:23:31 PM | xapmcs1WireDebug GetSensorData F90000003248DF12, Hub= 0 20
                    I can see in the debug data where it scheduled the DS2406's and starting processing them. I added debug specific to the AAG barometer to see how far down it got before it gave up.

9/8/2006 1:23:33 PM | xapmcs1WireDebug ProcessSensorQueue(2) Skip=False, Device=0A00000031DF0C12, Hub=5F000000027F491F 0,SelectedHub=5F000000027F491F 0, HubMod=3 0
                    For the V2 configuration one of the two DS2406's should be setup with a polling interval of 0 while the other setup for an interval of whatever you want the barometer update rate to be. For testing also collect a set of data where both are run at the same barometer update rate. I forget the actual interlocks I implemented to synchronize the two devices.

Both devices should be setup to use the same hub branch if the barometer is behind the hub.

The next test version is posted V2.0.28

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
                      I'm not certain how I've told you to configure the barometer since it involves two DS2406. What I noticed is that it believes one of them is behind the hub and the other is not

I can see in the debug data where it scheduled the DS2406's and starting processing them. I added debug specific to the AAG barometer to see how far down it got before it gave up.

For the V2 configuration one of the two DS2406's should be setup with a polling interval of 0 while the other setup for an interval of whatever you want the barometer update rate to be. For testing also collect a set of data where both are run at the same barometer update rate. I forget the actual interlocks I implemented to synchronize the two devices.

Both devices should be setup to use the same hub branch if the barometer is behind the hub.

The next test version is posted V2.0.28
                      Thanks Michael. The Polling Interval seems to reset every time I set it to 0. I'll try to set them to the same hub branch, not sure how they got seperated.

-Mike

Comment

Heres the latest debug.

-Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

V2.0.29 should have your barometer working

Comment

V2.0.29 should have your barometer working
                            Michael,

I think that did it, I'll keep an eye on it and thanks again!

Also I haven't forgotten about that pH support I asked you about in the electronics forum; still waiting for some parts to come in. I think if I'm right, if you are still willing to add it, is to add just a simple high/low and offset option. For example 1mv = 0 ph and 100mv = 14ph with calibration offset of -1.2mv, etc so it would be a simple formula.

Thank you,

-Mike

Comment

When you get to the point of having your circuit ready to try then give me the specifics of what you have. I would prefer to not have to relearn what I did now when it comes time to debug it.

Comment

When you get to the point of having your circuit ready to try then give me the specifics of what you have. I would prefer to not have to relearn what I did now when it comes time to debug it.
                                No problem I understand.

I may be seeing something strange though now with the Barometer. I see inside of MCSXap1wire that the Barometer is being updated. However none of the other Xap apps have seen any updates at all for just the Barometer (and Barometer other values such as temp and trend) since I started it. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X