Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine. The Patio and Front doors are wireless, motion detector is wired. Just getting started with this, so only testing with a few sensors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1158920

Comment

Hey Vegas... 2 questions

1) how you do that ??
      2) do your "last change" times work ??
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Found this on the forum FAQ page:
        "If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed."

Yes, the last change reports almost instantly when ever a door is opened or motion is activated. I have polling disabled.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot Vegas, it's just what I needed to see!
          All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

thanks Jeff

Comment

Yo Vegas... Henderson here

I notice that your last change times are all the same as are mine
              Mine used to work per device, now all my wireless have the same time
              but my wired work correctly... can you test one and see if they all change

THanks

Geary

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                Yo Vegas... Henderson here

I notice that your last change times are all the same as are mine
                Mine used to work per device, now all my wireless have the same time
                but my wired work correctly... can you test one and see if they all change

THanks

Geary
                We had a power outage overnight and the HS computer rebooted, so all of the DSC devices had the same last change time this morning.
                I went out for coffee and checked again when I came back. Each zone I went through on my way out had the last change set to when I went through. Also opened/closed a few windows and each had the time set to the actual time I had opened the window.

I think the reason all the times were the same in my previous post was due to restarting HS while playing with the DSC plugin.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Will have to check for a setting in my DSC setup that causes all times to be the same.. will play tomorrow

geary

Comment

well ... after completely rebuilding my HS.. I lost all of my problems
                    Thanks for your help !

Comment

I had noticed a bug with the DSC plugin that sound similar to what you guys were observing... The DSC plugin will not initialize correctly if a zone changes during intialization (HS reboot)... I have seen this on a couple of occasions... fortunately the zones are typically not changing during a reboot, but I have seen some pretty odd stuff if I happened to trigger one of my motion detectors during a HS reboot.

Hey a new feature... HS is adding links to products it sells just by mentioning them in your post... I did not add the link...

Comment

Hey HS guys...

You need to update the help file to include the new version of the plugs' screen shots and new fields. An explanation on how to use the new features would be nice too.

THe usercode and passcode need explanation as to what to put there...
                        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

New update posted in this forum. The version out now is 2.0.0.7...

So far pretty good. Only have a few more things to work out.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

DSC Power 1832 with IT-100 card

Hello, I want to buy and alarm system to control through homeseer, and I want to know if DSC1832 with RFK5501 panel and IT100 card, could work very fine with the DSC plug-in? In these case which is the pin-out that I need to connect de IT100 to the computer?
                            Thanks,

Esteban

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Yes, these would work just fine! The new version of the plugin is due out shortly. It is currently in beta on version 2.0.0.13.

Are you using a standard Serial chord or are you making one with a DB9 to RJ45 adapter?

IF you are making one, you need 1 FEMALE DB9 to RJ45 and 1 MALE DB9 to RJ45.

You need to run 2 to 2, 3 to 3 and 5 to 5. Remember that when using the MALE, you have to REVERSE the pins as you did on the female one. THis is because as you insert the male adapter into the IT-100 it will be opposite.

Comment

I'm looking at integrating my DSC 1832 panel into my HS system. I have a few questions for everyone:

1) I don't have the computer interface module, so I'd need to get that and install it. I have read the posts and it seems as though you need to do a factory reset after you install the IT-100. Does this mean that all the programming of zones, sensors, etc. will be lost? I don't want to re-program the entire system...

2) One post mentioned that the motion sensors have a 6 second built-in delay. Does everyone else have this same experience? If I walk around my house and watch the red LED lights showing on the sensors, there doesn't seem to be the 6 second delay that was suggested in one post - they show up almost instantaneously...so perhaps those sensors are older? I don't think I'll get a high WAF if I create events based on motion that take 6 seconds to kick in. Is there any way to improve the delay?

Look forward to hearing everyone else's experiences.

Comment

Working...
                                X