Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully there has been more thinking about the Linux version of this app

Comment

Originally posted by spicuzza View Post
      Hopefully there has been more thinking about the Linux version of this app
      As soon as I get the next beta out, I will start on Linux support. I was supposed to have the beta out last night, but I instead chilled with the wife, our adult children and grandchild (Still getting used to grandpa at 40....LOL).

Trust me, I will get Linux support out. I really don't see why it's not working now, but my first attempt was before I had proper logging in. Now that I have logging, it will be somewhat easier to debug (not as easy as just debugging via VS though).

Comment

Beta Update

Version 0.0.4.0
        * Expires 2/2/28
        * Added polling to keep Activities and Devices current with the hub (default 1 day polling)
        * Added Device command repeats and delays (on the device level. per command level coming later)
        * Added settings for controlling number of connect tries and the time between attempts
        * Added power off Triggers
        * ADDED LINUX SUPPORT! (tested on RaspberryPi running full HS3, not the Pi version)

(Version 0.0.3.0 was skipped as I decided to work on the Linux support tonight and got it working)

This will likely be the last version before going to production. The beta will expire in 2 weeks. I have a new sub-forum for the plugin which I will be putting all my normal stickies in over the next few days. Also, the plugin will start to show up in the Updater (in the beta section for now, production will be coming later).

If anyone has any issues you can post them here or you can post them in the new sub-forum.

Comment

Updated to version 0.0.4.0 which loaded OK and seemed to be working, but there appears to be a problem. The HSPI_ exe was consuming 80% CPU constantly. Tried some plugin restarts, no change. I wound up rolling back to version 0.0.2.0 and everything was back to normal with no significant CPU usage.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
            Updated to version 0.0.4.0 which loaded OK and seemed to be working, but there appears to be a problem. The HSPI_ exe was consuming 80% CPU constantly. Tried some plugin restarts, no change. I wound up rolling back to version 0.0.2.0 and everything was back to normal with no significant CPU usage.
            odd, I will check it out. Thanks

Comment

Same results here. Went back to 0.0.2.0.

HS 3.0.0.417
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I found the issue. working on a fix now...

Comment

Beta Update

Version 0.0.5.0
                  * Expires 2/2/28
                  * Fixed high cpu bug.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    Beta Update

Version 0.0.5.0
                    * Expires 2/2/28
                    * Fixed high cpu bug.
                    Installed and working well. Will post back if I see anything.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Loaded up version 0.0.5.0 without issue. Working well, thanks for the continued great work on the plugin!

Comment

So I ran into my first hiccup today. I noticed that one of my activity devices was out of sync. disconnecting and reconnecting the hub via the hub root device fixed this. In hindsight I should have done more testing while it was still in this state to see if communication had actually been severed and the plugin didn't pick this up (hard since it communicates every 30 seconds to keep the connection open) or of it just for some reason missed the message that the hub was turned off.

This is the first time this has happened in 3 weeks of testing and I did have some problems with HomeSeer itself, but wanted anyone who is using just to keep an eye out in case they run into it an can reproduce it. So far I am unable to reproduce it and it only affected 1 of my hubs.

Comment

After installing version 0.0.5.0 I set the refresh to 1 day and I see that the plugin duplicated one of my activities devices. I'm not sure if I made a change to that hub activities, but it's possible.

I'm guessing it's because I changed the original "Location1" and "Location2" names from when it was created (Room/Floor). I don't use Location2 and I changed Location1 to the room name. Here's a screenshot. They have the same addresses.
                          Attached Files

Comment

After installing version 0.0.5.0 I set the refresh to 1 day and I see that the plugin duplicated one of my activities devices. I'm not sure if I made a change to that hub activities, but it's possible.

I'm guessing it's because I changed the original "Location1" and "Location2" names from when it was created (Room/Floor). I don't use Location2 and I changed Location1 to the room name. Here's a screenshot. They have the same addresses.
                            I'll see if I can reproduce that. It stored the device reference to the activities device in the root device for the hub

Edit: also, finding a new activity shouldn't force it to create a new device, just add to the existing one. If you find you can reproduce it, go to the settings and turn on Debug Logging. Then once you reproduce it, you can find the log in /logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log

Comment

@Frank
                              Fresh install of .5 (no install prior) and its not updating the 'devices' and the Activities don't update properly... both hubs should show Activities as OFF. The Media Room just a few minutes ago but the Living Room several hours ago

I have used both Harmony hubs multiple times, per day, since installing the plugin.

Screenshot attached
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                                @Frank
                                Fresh install of .5 (no install prior) and its not updating the 'devices' and the Activities don't update properly... both hubs should show Activities as OFF. The Media Room just a few minutes ago but the Living Room several hours ago

I have used both Harmony hubs multiple times, per day, since installing the plugin.

Screenshot attached
                                Can you let me know what you're running it on (windows or linux) and if possible, can you turn on debugging and change the activity on each hub and turn power them off then send it to me? The log should be in /logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log

It would be best to do the above from the remote, not HomeSeer so I can make sure you are getting the messages from the hub.

I may need to add more debugging if that doesn't work, but we can start there.

Comment

Working...
                                X