Ceiling fan control!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    If you do switch let us know how it goes. It's so much easier to trade out a switch than it is to climb the ladder and take the fan apart though.
    I prefer the fan. I have locations that have limited gangs due to stud locations. A KPL with fanlink gives me in 1 gang what would take 3 with z-wave.

I wish there was an equivalent of the fanlinc in z-wave. The nano switches are very close. Probably close enough to not matter. Perhaps they are even better (since either one can contol a fan or light, so it's easier to move them around in the future if you want and repurpose them).

Now I REALLY wish there was a z-wave version of a KPL. You have the awesome switches and dimmers with 1,2 and 3 clicks... would be nice to just have an 8 button controller where each button had those options (for 24 commands...though would be nice if it recognized unique on/off commands link a KPL).

Comment

Bond is now shipping

Who's gonna be the first to figure out how to integrate?

Comment

The thing that caused me to buy one is that it SAID it will talk to all kinds of remotes, IR -AND- RF. I have an IR TV I want to control, along with some RF rope lights...

If one box can do multiple things...

Comment

Originally posted by rsisson View Post
          The thing that caused me to buy one is that it SAID it will talk to all kinds of remotes, IR -AND- RF. I have an IR TV I want to control, along with some RF rope lights...

If one box can do multiple things...
          Does that mean you got one? How does it work?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It didn't work for me, as it ONLY works with ceiling fans TODAY. They have ghosts of many other devices on the screen and ask that if you have another device type to email them descriptions.

It LEARNS by listening and tries to figure out which Fan control you have.

Since my device isn't a fan....it couldn't match it...

HOWEVER...in the HELP section it has a note that it is using OPENSOURCE

AFNetworking and MBProgressHUD and HEXColors and REALM were called out.

These don't mean anything to me, but hopefully, it will mean something to someone

Comment

This is what I just got back from BOND
              Hello Bob,

Thanks for the information on the Ropelight. We currently don't support that as device we integrate with but I will let the product management team know of your request. We are introducing a 'custom remote' later this year that will allow you to program the BOND from a remote. This custom remote could provide the basic functionality (on / off) you are interested in.

Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT are all functional now and efforts to produce better information for people interested in BOND is being worked on. The API should be available around the first quarter of 2018.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with, and we appreciate your interest in BOND.

Gary

Comment

Has anyone heard which RF frequencies it will work with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Ceiling fan control!!!!

Just received a message back from the Bond support about the RF range:
                  The BOND will work in the range 300-450 MHz

If this was integrated with HS3 it would be very easy to add all three of our ceiling fans to HS without having to install anything, just setup the Bond! Have any of the plugin developers expressed any interest in working on something for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Plugin's:

Comment

I got mine this week. We have 3 fans controlled by it (RF), two are in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. The Bond will control them even with it in the garage. We have placed it in the midpoint between them. I am hopeful they will follow through with the API as they have promised in emails to me and others. Here is the iOS app with what they are offering in the future. We have LG Mini Split Air Conditioners which they also said would be controlled in the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1194275
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                      Don't the new Aeotec nano dimmers also control fans? If doing z-wave, I would suggest them. They are small enough to fit 2 in a fan (lights and fan).

If you are insteon, I use the insteon fanlincs to great success.

though I use fanlincs, I've considered switching one fan to nano dimmers to try them out.
                      Aeotec indicates that the nano dimmers can control fans also, but only up to 100W. Assuming 110V that is less than an amp for the motor. My fans are more than that so the nano's would be technically overloaded.

There is a relatively new zigbee equivalent of the insteon fanlincs. It is a Hampton Bay fan/light controller. Made for Wink I believe, but it looks like people at Smartthigs have it working there with a custom DTH.

I don't know if it would work with the zigbee plug-ins here for HS.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        I got mine this week. We have 3 fans controlled by it (RF), two are in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. The Bond will control them even with it in the garage. We have placed it in the midpoint between them. I am hopeful they will follow through with the API as they have promised in emails to me and others. Here is the iOS app with what they are offering in the future. We have LG Mini Split Air Conditioners which they also said would be controlled in the future.
                        Any luck getting the API from these guys?
                        Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                          Any luck getting the API from these guys?
                          Here is the reply I got when I asked about it:

Chris Merck (BOND Home)

Dec 14, 17:36 EST

Hi Paul,

We plan to release a public API early 2018 which will be cloud-based.

There is a possibility of a local API later on however. Can you describe your use case(s) for an offline API?

Chris from Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                            Here is the reply I got when I asked about it:

Chris Merck (BOND Home)

Dec 14, 17:36 EST

Hi Paul,

We plan to release a public API early 2018 which will be cloud-based.

There is a possibility of a local API later on however. Can you describe your use case(s) for an offline API?

Chris from Engineering

Thanks Chris, cloud based would be better than current options for me. I use Spuds Ecobee plugin which is cloud based which has been running great for the last year and a half. Would prefer the local API....
                            Thank you for the response!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Plugin's:

Comment

I got a Bond this week. Setup was easy and the Alexa skill works well. Start device setup in app, point remote at Bond, it listens and checks remote signal with device library in cloud, then offers buttons to test. First four fans worked out out-of-the-box. Only hiccup was that my last fan has what they call a "state remote". There are no discrete on/off/lo/med/high buttons, only +/- for temp, fan speed, and dimming; Bond support said they are still working on these kinds of remotes.

Overall $99 price feels like a good value to get all the fans in the house working compared to wiring components to each fan. I'm looking forward to local API access and Bond extending their database of supported RF products as this seems like it would be a good solution for other weird RF devices like my adjustable bed and air filters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
                                Well..it seems that Homeseer integration will be limited to IFTTT initially. I can live with that for now.
                                Hey Sireone, I've not used HS with IFTTT yet, I have used it with our bathroom scale but one thing I noticed was that it takes some time before the message goes through IFTTT. Could be slow due to the scale but wondered if you've used it and how well it works with other devices?

P.S. - I've ordered a BOND and it arrived today so I'll post more after I experience it first hand. Really hoping that one of the developers will work on integrating this product.....
                                Thank you,
                                Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                                X