View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2017, 01:42 PM
OverSeer

There are automation plugins today using RTL-SDR for the Domoticz open source automation program.

Here mini sizing my NOAA satellite weather maps downloading to an RPI2 / antenna that today is doing GPIO ZWave, 1-wire stuff and running Domoticz on the side. For text data and jpg images do a share drive to the data directory on HS3.

Many or most of the plugins are written in LUA. Very tight and easy peasy stuff that runs on OpenWRT OS...well like the Almond + or Vera or Wheezy or Stretch (linux in general).

Here only the water meter uses a tiny transmitter. Updates now to it allow for remote views from the entrance of the subdivision.

Just received this gift to tinker with from Ebay...(had one SDR radio from a few years back here). Note that you can get the USB radios for around $10 these days.

It's the little SMA connectors that you want with antennas. Earlier testing all of my test SMA connectors purchased cost more than the radio.

TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio Dongle With 2x Telescopic Antennas

This "kit" with antennas, sma connectors and radio was around $28 USD. I got mine from China in less than a week.

Lately Amazon Prime 2 day for this kind of stuff doesn't work for me and have noticed that the cost of the devices are more.

Name:  rtl.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  29.0 KB

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT

Last edited by Pete; December 31st, 2017 at 02:12 PM.