This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

Please post in this thread any requests for features that you would like to see added to the EZFlora plugin.

This isn't so much a feature request as a just a request for some more detailed documentation about how to use this plugin once it's up and running. I see that I can manually control zones by hitting the On/Off buttons, but I'm a little unsure how to use the program settings. I've noticed that turning them on and hitting the Next button cycles through the valves which is nice, but I have no way of knowing how to use this function with regards to automation, or how long to set each valve's run time unless I program HS events for each zone individually which I can do but I gather there's other ways to do this?

Thanks again.

Greg

Comment

Greg-

'Steve A' has a great package based on ASP pages and events. Its some scripts that can be easily added to your system and setup multiple schedules. Steve provides and supports this for free.

There are sophisticated pacakges you can purchase like MCS sprinklers. You can look at the updater and download these as a trial ans see what you think.

Paul
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by gregtee View Post
        This isn't so much a feature request as a just a request for some more detailed documentation about how to use this plugin once it's up and running. I see that I can manually control zones by hitting the On/Off buttons, but I'm a little unsure how to use the program settings. I've noticed that turning them on and hitting the Next button cycles through the valves which is nice, but I have no way of knowing how to use this function with regards to automation, or how long to set each valve's run time unless I program HS events for each zone individually which I can do but I gather there's other ways to do this?

Thanks again.

Greg
        Programs are one of the features of the EZFlora that is only partially supported by the EZFlora plugin. To setup the program run times, you must shutdown HomeSeer and run the SimpleHomeNet utility. On the EZFlora tab, you can enter your EZFloras address and then program the valve run times for each of the programs (1-4). Once this is done, you can exit the utility and restart HomeSeer. Now the EZFlora plugin programs (1-4) will correspond to the run times programmed through the SimpleHomeNet utility. I plan on adding functionality to configure the program times at a later date to the EZFlora plugin.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
          Programs are one of the features of the EZFlora that is only partially supported by the EZFlora plugin. To setup the program run times, you must shutdown HomeSeer and run the SimpleHomeNet utility. On the EZFlora tab, you can enter your EZFloras address and then program the valve run times for each of the programs (1-4). Once this is done, you can exit the utility and restart HomeSeer. Now the EZFlora plugin programs (1-4) will correspond to the run times programmed through the SimpleHomeNet utility. I plan on adding functionality to configure the program times at a later date to the EZFlora plugin.

Adam

Great, thanks Adam. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Comment

Hey Adam, great job on the HS3 Plugin. I have a couple of requests based on having multiple controllers

1) My controllers are for two different sprinkler water valves on each sides of my house. If I could name them, instead of Device 1 and Device 2, that would be cleaner from a device management perspective, how other devices are named. If those names showed in the HS device list, that would be great also, I would suggest under "Address"

2) Status bits available from the EZflora include "is a program running?" and "which program is running?". Is it possible to expose these as devices or let that be a configuration option to allow them to be exposed? Because i have 2 controllers and will use the onboard programs, I would like to know when controller 1 changes from "is a program running" to no (and which one), so I can kick off a program in controller 2.

Thanks!
            Paul

Comment

I believe that I can add these to the plugin fairly easily. For the first request, the device names were a carry over from the HS2 plugin where I was more restricted in how I could name the devices. I didn't really think about changing that when I developed the HS3 plugin, but it definitely makes sense to have the ability to rename the device in addition to the zones. On the second request, I can expose these parameters as devices and would probably just add it as a configuration options. I would just add these options to the add/remove zones function.

It may be a while before I can get the plugin updated, but I will definitely include these in the next release.

Adam

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
              Hey Adam, great job on the HS3 Plugin. I have a couple of requests based on having multiple controllers

1) My controllers are for two different sprinkler water valves on each sides of my house. If I could name them, instead of Device 1 and Device 2, that would be cleaner from a device management perspective, how other devices are named. If those names showed in the HS device list, that would be great also, I would suggest under "Address"

2) Status bits available from the EZflora include "is a program running?" and "which program is running?". Is it possible to expose these as devices or let that be a configuration option to allow them to be exposed? Because i have 2 controllers and will use the onboard programs, I would like to know when controller 1 changes from "is a program running" to no (and which one), so I can kick off a program in controller 2.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Adam, understood on the timing and appreciate your support. I have the bit patterns if that would help
                Paul

Comment

Linux version

I am interested in a Linux version of your plugin. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dpm416 View Post
                    I am interested in a Linux version of your plugin. Thanks.
                    I'm also interested in a Linux version of the plugin. Is this plugin still supported?

Comment

This plugin is still supported, and is very stable so no new releases have been required lately. I am not currently planning on updating the plugin to support linux due to a lack of equipment required to test with.

Regards,

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
                        This plugin is still supported, and is very stable so no new releases have been required lately. I am not currently planning on updating the plugin to support linux due to a lack of equipment required to test with.

Regards,

Adam
                        What do you need? If you're interested, I can provide a complete, isolated remote system for you to test/destroy/whatever. I have a Pro install that I can't use because of a short list of plugins that aren't Linux compatible.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                        X