View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2017, 11:04 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Speaker dot exe is only for Windows Clients and did work fine with CE and Windows Mobile up until around version 6.

HSTouch clients like Android and iOS and Windows running by themselves with no sapi or speaker dot exe use a wave file for sound.

IE: The homeseer mothership creates a TTS (or combo) wave file on the mothership and sends it out the the client for playback. It is not SAPI. It is just a playback of the speech and or audio from the mothership. The voice font will be identical to the source on the mothership.

BUT I don't get any speech output on my mobile HSTouch. Just to test if the HSTouch is OK, I enable flite speech in speech-to-file, and I get flite TTS output on the mobile HSTouch. So, basics are working as it should.

So, how do I get TTS from the MS SAPI/speaker.exe out to the mobile HSTouch speaker client?

You can only get the wave file which is a recording of the speech from the mothership.

MS SAPI does not work or is present on iOS or Android mobile clients (or Linux mobile clients or Windows 10 mobile clients). Today there is no Windows 10 Homeseer client.

Test it. Do not use the command line stuff. Send a sentence over to your client and play back the wave file it creates on your client is the only way to test. You should hear the wave file when it is speaking. If TTS is being generated by SAPI then that voice is what you should hear in the wave file.

I can do speaker dot exe on a Windows 10 tablet connected directly to Homeseer locally or via the WAN. Via the WAN it is a VPN tunnel.

IE: Speaker dot exe is only a SAPI program. If you configure your speaker dot exe in the VB as your primary TTS then that voice will be the one you hear on your mobile clients (well not true TTS rather just a recording). No need to play around with the Linux TTS commands.

All of the HS3 3rd party speech clients are basically speech proxies that utilize the wave files and are really not Microsoft SAPI based.
I do understand how the Linux HS3 TTS works using wave files and how speak_to_file controls which TTS application is being used - ie. flite, picowave2, etc. Been using and fiddling around with that for quite some time now. I was also using Voice RSS at one time.

And I also understand that the Linux HS3 TTS system using wave files is completely different to the way MS SAPI works. So in using MS SAPI, we ignore the Linux TTS system altogether, right? No need to discuss it.

So what I understand now is that there is no way to use MS SAPI with HStouch on Android, OR Google Chromecasts such as Google Home which was my original question at Post #29 about whether I would be able to output an event generated TTS to Google Home using MS SAPI.

I'll look into Cepstral for my TTS solution ...

All is not lost with the WinXP VB. I had been thinking of another use for it and that is to run HS3 with Windows only plugins.
Plugins: Z-Wave, CM15A, BLBackup, BLLAN, PHLocation, SDJ-Health, UltraLog3, EasyTrigger, Jon00VDGraphing, Jon00PluginSetV2, drhsEventEnabler, BLPlex, Chromecast, Device History
Smart Speakers: 2 X Google Home; 2 X Google Home Mini
Chromecasts: 4 X Chromecast 2
CCTV: Xeoma