Arduino Plugin with Sonoff Relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Plugin with Sonoff Relays

I've been experimenting with using the arduino plugin to control these Sonoff brand relay boards. They are basically an ESP8266 controlled relay board. So far the basic relay board works great, but where i run into problems is the 2 channel and 4 channel versions both use nodeMCU pin D8 for one of the relays.

The D8 pin doesn't seem to be available for use, is there anyway to add that functionality?

Also, one of the features of these boards is GPIO14 (D5) is brought out to a header for adding a temperature sensor. Ideally i would like to use a DHT temp/humidity sensor, but would accept a DS18B20.

Are there any plans to add the onewire bus as an option for the NodeMCU board?

I know it's probably possible to include this by using the API, but i'm not quite up to speed with Arduino IDE programming yet.

But having pin D8 available to the NodeMCU board would be awesome, if at all possible.

Overall using this arduino plugin with the Sonoff boards works great, very responsive, local control button works great (via an event in Homeseer) . I've also got the Sonoff Touch wall switches working the same way, also very responsive and look great on the wall!

Originally posted by jmccresry View Post
    I've been experimenting with using the arduino plugin to control these Sonoff brand relay boards. They are basically an ESP8266 controlled relay board. So far the basic relay board works great, but where i run into problems is the 2 channel and 4 channel versions both use nodeMCU pin D8 for one of the relays.

The D8 pin doesn't seem to be available for use, is there anyway to add that functionality?

Also, one of the features of these boards is GPIO14 (D5) is brought out to a header for adding a temperature sensor. Ideally i would like to use a DHT temp/humidity sensor, but would accept a DS18B20.

I know it's probably possible to include this by using the API, but i'm not quite up to speed with Arduino IDE programming yet.

But having pin D8 available to the NodeMCU board would be awesome, if at all possible.

Overall using this arduino plugin with the Sonoff boards works great, very responsive, local control button works great (via an event in Homeseer) . I've also got the Sonoff Touch wall switches working the same way, also very responsive and look great on the wall!
    How are you mounting the touch wall switches? From what I read, the switches are not compatible with the US wall switch boxes. I have been looking at them, but was put off by the non standard mounting.

Comment

Originally posted by jmccresry View Post

I prefer to only provide the pins that are available on the supported board so that users with basic knowledge cant get it wrong. I would suggest trying the API mode as this is not to hard to use if you have a basic understanding of the Arduino IDE.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
        How are you mounting the touch wall switches? From what I read, the switches are not compatible with the US wall switch boxes. I have been looking at them, but was put off by the non standard mounting.

They make a US version that fit the normal boxes here, I did have to modify the mount slightly since the screws they use protrude too far and hit the side of the mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HI,
          I just got a sonoff switch.
          Can you tell me what port you used to connect via the arduino plugin?
          I cannot connect to it ...I tried Api mode also...

P.S. Did you change something in the firmware or it the default one?

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...onoff-alexbk66

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

I prefer to only provide the pins that are available on the supported board so that users with basic knowledge cant get it wrong. I would suggest trying the API mode as this is not to hard to use if you have a basic understanding of the Arduino IDE.

Greig.
              Hi.

Old thread, but have the sort of the same question.

In the Arduino Plugin (Beta) for NodeMCU, i have a choice to use pin D9 and D10, and pin D8 is missing. In all my search on the internet, I find that D8 is an usable IO. D9 and D10 is not present at the board, but I can understand that this is the TX and RX pins. The latest is not recommended used as IO, after what I can understand.

Can You please explain why YOu have chosen to leave D8 out, and include D9 and D10?

Kind Regards

Comment

Working...
              X