This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Any way to put the camera image as the device image so that I can see it from decide management and maybe have other ways to work with it in hstouch?
    yes that's a good idea I will add the device with a configurable refresh rate

Comment

Is it possible to have the camera pan left and right? Maybe a repeating sweeping motion

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
        Is it possible to have the camera pan left and right? Maybe a repeating sweeping motion
        AFAIK the kinect sensor only has motor to move the camera up and down

Comment

Pause/Resume remote instance?

I'm not sure if this has been requested previously. What I would like to do is to be able to have a device in homeseer for each remote kinect instance that would allow me to use an event to pause the remote instance when the room becomes vacant and resume when it becomes occupied. Occupancy/vacancy is handled by other hw/plugins, so this request is just for the ability to pause and resume the remote instance. This is to reduce the cpu utilization when the room is vacant.

In addition the ability to restart the remote instance on failure would be nice. It seems to fail a lot now--which I think you mentioned was an HS3 bug related to restarting plugins on the manage plugins page.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
            I'm not sure if this has been requested previously. What I would like to do is to be able to have a device in homeseer for each remote kinect instance that would allow me to use an event to pause the remote instance when the room becomes vacant and resume when it becomes occupied. Occupancy/vacancy is handled by other hw/plugins, so this request is just for the ability to pause and resume the remote instance. This is to reduce the cpu utilization when the room is vacant.
            You can use the "Enable/Disable Voice Recongition" action. I have on my TODO list to make this available as devices as well, but the event actions should work just to fine to reduce CPU

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
            In addition the ability to restart the remote instance on failure would be nice. It seems to fail a lot now--which I think you mentioned was an HS3 bug related to restarting plugins on the manage plugins page.
            If you haven't done already install version .40 of the plugin:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162313
            Also, Rich has fixed an important problem in HS3 related to remote/multiple instances of plugin in version 3.0.0.219 (not released yet)

Comment

Any luck in having this work with a non Kinect microphone? I had to remove the Kinect from the living room but still have the tablet there.

Comment

Any word on when 3.o.o.29 will be released to improve stability of remote instances

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                  Any word on when 3.o.o.29 will be released to improve stability of remote instances

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
                  I don't know when it will be officially released, but HS3 version 3.0.0.220 is available here: http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_220.exe

it fixes the problem of plugin instances being stopped when another plugin is started/stopped, but use it at your own risk as I don't know what other changes are in there.

Comment

Instance name in debug strings

Would it be possible to precede each debug/trace string with the instance name?

I had some remote kinect instance disconnect/reconnect issues recently and it would have made it a lot easier to track down if the HS log debug told me which kinect instance was reporting in.

Thanks for a great plugin

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post

I had some remote kinect instance disconnect/reconnect issues recently and it would have made it a lot easier to track down if the HS log debug told me which kinect instance was reporting in.

good idea, will do!

Comment

That's great, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          I have just posted version 3.0.0.36 in the Beta testing thread
                          I have also worked on global triggers (i.e. kinect triggers that work for all instances), unfortunately there is a problem in the HS API that prevent this from working, basically a plugin instance cannot fire a trigger that it doesn't own. I have contacted Rich about this but no answer so far.
                          Spud,

Thank you for the update on the global triggers. Did you ever receive a response from Rich?

Comment

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post
                            Spud,

Thank you for the update on the global triggers. Did you ever receive a response from Rich?

no answer, I just asked again

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post

done in version 3.0.0.41 available here

Comment

in version 3.0.0.41 available here I have implemented Global triggers (i.e triggers that work for any instance of the Kinect plugin)

there is a new "Global Trigger" option for the "A phrase is recognized" trigger.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	globaltrigger.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1183791

For this to work you need to respect the following rules:
                                • The instance that created the global trigger needs to always run, if it doesn't run the other instances won't be able to fire the event. I would advise to create a dummy instance that is not connected to any Kinect sensor, which runs locally and from which you can configure all your global triggers
                                • Once your global triggers are configured, you need to restart other instances or run a "Rebuild grammars" action before they are active for other instances. I would advise to create a manually trigger event that rebuild the grammars for each instance, and run it every time you change or add a global trigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rebuildgrammars.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1183792

Comment

Working...
                                X