HS-WD200+ FW 5.11 teaser video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD200+ FW 5.11 teaser video.

The HomeSeer YouTube channel has posted a video teasing the 5.11 firmware update for HS-WD200+. The video focuses on the ability to use association group 2 to configure multiple WD200s as companion switches, without the need for a traveller wire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWDFjFOccKo

"Available soon at homeseer.com"

Here's hoping 'soon' really is soon.

Don't know if it would make a big difference in price price but could you make a version of the WD200, let's call it the WC200 for grins, that leaves out all of the dimming hardware and only has the led status, z-wave interface and paddle switch?
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I'd love a device like that, seeing as I'm not using the WD200s connected to any load. I buy them for the status LEDs and the 4/5 tap control.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
        Don't know if it would make a big difference in price price but could you make a version of the WD200, let's call it the WC200 for grins, that leaves out all of the dimming hardware and only has the led status, z-wave interface and paddle switch?
        In all reality, the cost would only be slightly less. It would still need everything the dimmer has except for the actual dimming device, usually a MOSFET. These devices cost less than a buck or from DigiKey and that is retail. At the manufacturing level these devices are likely only a few cents. Everything else that makes a dimmer would still have to be there for for this control device.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

that's nice.... but uninterested until I can reliably dim below 20% :-)

Comment

The video or post doesn't really tell us "how" to program them to do this.

Any pointers?
            Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Anyone know the status of this firmware? It's not available in the downloads section yet.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                The video or post doesn't really tell us "how" to program them to do this.

Any pointers?
                Well the firmware hasn't released yet, so you won't be able to do it at the moment.

But a good guess would be that a second association group will be added, you can find it on the Z-Wave tab of the root device. Adding other multilevel switches to association group 2, will cause them to be turned on/off in sync.

I'm curious if they'll address the status update issue.

Comment

Originally posted by epimetheus View Post
                  Anyone know the status of this firmware? It's not available in the downloads section yet.
                  Yeah I've been checking fairly frequently, 1 month on and no further news

I think the HSMobile beta release might be chewing up HSTs attention at the moment.

Comment

Anxiously awaiting the new firmware as well.

I do have a question? Will HS-WA100 still work using a traveler. I will be installing a WD200 dimmer in my garage to control the overhead lights and planned on using a HS-WA100 for the service door in a 3-way setup but will need to use a second HS-WD200 in my house so I can monitor the status of the lights in the garage and turn them on and off.

Comment

Working...
                    X