New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
    benposton - should be simple to build a new plugin for that based on this one assuming he uses a similar Json API. Once the documentation comes out it I'll take a look at it.

Cheers.
    Hey Mattyjee,

OpenGarage documentation is out. . .and I was just checking in to see if you had looked at the possibility of tweaking OpenSprinkler into a plugin to control OpenGarage.

I was thinking of getting one, but I don't really want another app to run it. . .would like to integrate it into Homeseer so I can control it based on other sensors. Any chance you have looked at that yet? If it isn't something you see happening anytime soon, I could look at the latest opensprinkler code and see if I can tweak it into another plugin. Let me know.

Thanks!

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

Comment

updater version in Linux fails..
      FYI
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

FYI, changing of static ip still crashes unless you manually modify the config

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          Hey Mattyjee,

OpenGarage documentation is out. . .and I was just checking in to see if you had looked at the possibility of tweaking OpenSprinkler into a plugin to control OpenGarage.

I was thinking of getting one, but I don't really want another app to run it. . .would like to integrate it into Homeseer so I can control it based on other sensors. Any chance you have looked at that yet? If it isn't something you see happening anytime soon, I could look at the latest opensprinkler code and see if I can tweak it into another plugin. Let me know.

Thanks!

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!
          I have no plans personally, but I can give you the source code and all you would really need to do is delete code and slightly modify to get it to work. The main confusing bit is the regex commands but I can do this bit for you if you need. Are you any good with VB.NET and/or the plugin structure?

Comment

Sure, I'll take a hack at it. Latest code would be great. I had a working compiled plugin at one point so I should be able to get it working.

Comment

I have no plans personally, but I can give you the source code and all you would really need to do is delete code and slightly modify to get it to work. The main confusing bit is the regex commands but I can do this bit for you if you need. Are you any good with VB.NET and/or the plugin structure?
              i would love to take a look at this if you are still willing to share the code
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

MattyJee,

OpenSprinkler now supports attachment of a flow sensor. Excerpt from the firmware 2.1.7 User Manual: "the controller will detect flow sensor pulses, display real-time flow rate at the footer, and log the flow volume at the end of each station run and program run".

Anyway to get the flow data into HS3 with your plugin?

kesterf

Comment

I haven't seen you back since this discussion. Is it possible to get the most recent code to get running with opengarage?

Btw, the 2.1.6.0 version shows up in the Linux updater but failed for me when I tried to update from 2.1.5.3?

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post

Btw, the 2.1.6.0 version shows up in the Linux updater but failed for me when I tried to update from 2.1.5.3?
                    Same problem w. reload here...

Geary

Comment

Lots of red ????? Comms Fail

Hi,

Thanks for writing the plug in. Got the software installed on a HomeTroller SEL after using ssh to get into the unit and move the files where they belong.

The system status is correct and says all zones are off. The device for each individual zone however has a Big Red question mark and text that says "Comms Fail".

Is there something that I failed to do in moving the files? I don't remember if I deleted the files from their original location. Is that required?

ocxoman
                      Last edited by ocxoman; February 8, 2017, 06:09 PM. Reason: forgot to say which system

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                        Same problem w. reload here...

Geary
                        Btw, was running into some case sensitivity issues with another process and decided to see if that was holding up the installer. . .I modified the install.txt (in /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0) (had to modify "images" folder to be lowercase to match my Linux install, and "Config" to be with a capital C).

Here is what it looks like now.
                        Code:
                        ,[CHECKVERSION],3.0.0.96
                        OS_Device.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        OS_disabled.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        OS_error.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        OS_NoIP.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        OS_Off.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        OS_ok.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        OS_Rain.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        OS_Root.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        OS_Zoneon.jpg,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
                        HSPI_OpenSprinkler.ini,.\Config,16
                        HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe,.,0
                        And then I had to rename one of the images:

OS_Error.png needed to be renamed to OS_error.png (which matches what is the above install.txt)

I then again selected to download and install the 2.1.6 plugin from the updater (and since it was already downloaded, it used my modified files to perform the upgrade successfully).

Comment

does this plugin also support the Open Sprinkler Bee 2.0? I was just checking out the options available I only need 3 zones and it has wifi which would be perfect for my situation. If it's not supported however then I'll go with the original.

Comment

to answer my own question... no it doesn't.

Thankfully its response is fairly straight forward so I was able to write up my own script to parse it to retrieve the various status fields as well as control.

Comment

Sorry all, I haven't been on the forum for a while. Having kids has really eaten into my hobby time...

Anyway, I've been asked by many to share the source code so here it is...
                              Making this into OpenGarage should be simple, just delete most of the code and edit the reminder. Happy to answer any questions, and please send me back any enhancements on my original.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63bd4qdy5m...1.6.x.zip?dl=0

Comment

Sorry all, I haven't been on the forum for a while. Having kids has really eaten into my hobby time...

Anyway, I've been asked by many to share the source code so here it is...
                                Making this into OpenGarage should be simple, just delete most of the code and edit the reminder. Happy to answer any questions, and please send me back any enhancements on my original.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63bd4qdy5m...1.6.x.zip?dl=0
                                They do that huh! On the other hand, not having a job has freed up some time

Thankyou for all the hard work and the share.

Anyone care to pop this into a git?

Comment

Working...
                                X