Do UMI-32's work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do UMI-32's work?

I just installed a UMI-32W, an universal i/o module and configured it with upstart.

I can control it fine with upstart, but not with the plugin.
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Hey Tim,

Mine are here in the Plug-In:

Inputs = Device Type: UPB - Input
    Outputs = Device Type: UPB - Device

Don't forget to export your Upstart file to a location that the Plug-In can reach in the Plug-In config.

-Travis

Comment

Got it working. Thanks.

I have my upb set to import each time the plug in starts. What happened was I thought it would run off the links I created in upstart when actually it makes devices with different channels.

It works! That's the main thing!
      -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
      Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

So I have two UMI-32s configured to control my garage doors. IN HS2 these worked great, almost instantaneous response. I'm working into HS3 and the inputs do not seem to register. Input 2 onboth units is set to register a contact closure and both clearly work in HS2, but does not register at all in HS3. In addition, the output relays seem to be delayed - turn them on and count to 3 before the relays actuate and open the doors.

My HS3 set-up is running and HomeTrollerS4 with WinXp if that matters.

Any ideas??

Comment

I'm bumping this thread because I'm still having issues with the UMI-32s. As stated previously, these things work great with HS2, but HS3 is giving me fits with them. Here's a description:

1) The outputs respond slow. Push the "on" button on the HS3 console and it's a good 2-3 seconds before the output respond. In my case they are wired to my garage door actuators, so you click "on" and it' at least 2-3 seconds before the door opener starts. Sometimes it takes a click or two to get it to respond.
          2) The inputs don't seem to respond at all. In my case I have one input on two separate UMI-32s wired into one of my garage doors. When the door switches are closed, the "read" in HS is that they are open and when the door switches are open, they "read" open. In other words, there is zero change is HS3 when the switches physically change. It's almost as thought the plug-in does not see the UMI-32 inputs at all.

In HS2 the responses to the outputs are instantaneous and the inputs respond correctly and immediately when the door switches open or close.

I'm running WinXPe on a Series 4 Hometroller. All other UPB commands under HS3 seem to respond as expected - lights turn on and off, albeit with a delay of a second or two compared to HS2. MY HomeTroller always boots into HS2, but I shut it down completely before I start HS3. My UPB PIM is a SA serial unit hooked directly to a comm port on the HomeTroller.

This is the one thing that has my migration to HS3 stalled. Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by Techvet View Post
            2) The inputs don't seem to respond at all. In my case I have one input on two separate UMI-32s wired into one of my garage doors. When the door switches are closed, the "read" in HS is that they are open and when the door switches are open, they "read" open. In other words, there is zero change is HS3 when the switches physically change. It's almost as thought the plug-in does not see the UMI-32 inputs at all.
            sorry for the delay, this problem is caused by a bug introduced in version 3.0.0.35 of the plugin. It's now fixed in version 3.0.0.38 available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163104

Please test and let me know

Comment

I loaded the new version of the plug-in and all is good. The UMI-32s are working just fine. Many thanks Spud! Time to finish the HS3 migration.

Comment

Working...
              X