iSpyconnect, Json, and HS3 Pro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iSpyconnect, Json, and HS3 Pro.

I've had a good day with HS3 today. I decided I wanted a CCTV camera connected to iSpyconnect to send a command to HS3 (On the same pc) to turn some outside lights on if movement was detected by iSpyconnect. Now I'm an Electrical Engineer rather than a programmer type of chap, but I'm happy to say it was quite easy with Json and the HS3 help info. I was able to trial the Json commands from a browser on a different pc, and get HS3 to switch things, and then added the commands in iSpyconnect.

iSpyconnect can now send a command to HS3

One virtual device and one event later, and they only come on at night, and turn off after 10 minutes.
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

I'm interested in this.....I've been using iSpy (stand alone version) for many months now and has worked extremely well for me. I'm familiar with json commands but not sure how to add a command to an iSpy camera trigger. Can you enlighten me ?

edit:

OK I found the add URL under Alerts and works well.......nice ! There are some interesting possibilities now....
    Last edited by naellis; February 29, 2016, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Hi naellis, if you edit the settings for the camera, and click on the "Alerts" tab, you will see "Actions". Go to the selector next to "When", and choose "Recording started". Now go to "Select Action" and click on "Call URL", then simply add your JSON command.
      Note that after you saved the settings, when you next go to this setting page, it will be showing "Alert" in the "When" selector, and your command will not be visible. Simply change the "When" selector back to "Recording started", and your JSON command will re-appear.
      Good luck,

Tim
      Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Thanks, all working

Comment

I am doing similar with BlueIris (without the BI plugin). I have a motion trigger mask so that the camera only triggers on motion in certain areas of the picture. This avoids false triggers from cars and blowing foliage. When it does trigger it sends a JSON command to HS3 that runs a top level event. I then have a series of other events with their own conditions that trigger off that.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
            I've had a good day with HS3 today. I decided I wanted a CCTV camera connected to iSpyconnect to send a command to HS3 (On the same pc) to turn some outside lights on if movement was detected by iSpyconnect. Now I'm an Electrical Engineer rather than a programmer type of chap, but I'm happy to say it was quite easy with Json and the HS3 help info. I was able to trial the Json commands from a browser on a different pc, and get HS3 to switch things, and then added the commands in iSpyconnect.

iSpyconnect can now send a command to HS3

One virtual device and one event later, and they only come on at night, and turn off after 10 minutes.
            Hi tim,
            Electrical too :-) and little programming. Can you give me a clue how to get get started using Json with HS3?

Comment

Hi johnny_holden,

I wrote a WORD file while I was doing it to record my thoughts. Take a look here.

That should be a public download link from Dropbox.

Have a read of that and see if it answers your questions, if it doesn't, I will try to help.

I've just checked the WORD document, and tried the URL to the HS3 JSON help page, and that doesn't work any more Hopefully there is enough info in the WORD file to tell you what you need. Note that you will need to allow JSON commands in HS3 - Setup/Network/Remote Control Settings/Enable control using JSON.

Now I wonder why HomeSeer has moved those help files

Good luck !

Tim

Comment

Hi johnny_holden,

Any progress ? Did you manage to download the WORD file ? Does it help ?

Cheers,

Tim

Comment

Hi johnny_holden,

Any progress ? Did you manage to download the WORD file ? Does it help ?

Cheers,

Tim
                  Hi Tim, Sorry it's been so long for reply but your word file helped me set up sending alert triggers to homeseer.

Couldnt find a way to get homeseer to send a no motion command after motion detection. Can't see how to configure ispy to trigger on both?

Also, if I wanted homeseer to start recording, can this be done with http commands? (i can see it can be done via ispy.exe commands). I did see someone did a TCP/Serial plugin. Is that the only way?

Regards
                  John.

Comment

Controlling iSpy

Let me chime in here...

I've been running iSpy with HS for a while now. I trigger iSpy to start/stop recording based on my home security system (Elk M1Gold with UltraM1G3 plugin).

I've not found an HTTP way to control iSpy, but you can use the command line utility to control what iSpy does ("...iSpy.exe commands allow" to turn on cameras). Google "iSpy Commands" for a full list.

All it takes then is a script to issue a command (process.start) and you're in business.

I've started in a brain-dead plug-in, but haven't found a good way to tell if iSpy is really recording or not.

Good Luck.

Comment

Forgot to add...

Thanks for the clue with alerts...Now I have HS knowing what cameras are recording...

Comment

HI,

Do you need a subscription to use the HTTP commands ?
                        Would there be interest in a plugin ?

Best regards,
                        Kriz
                        Last edited by kriz83; March 17, 2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Hiya, I did originally have an iSpyconnect subscription, but I don't now. I am happy to say that my logs still show:

Mar-17 13:14:56 Device Control Device: Ground Garden ZZZ Movement in rear garden to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

So HS3 is still getting the commands from iSpy.

Plug in ? What extra functionality would you want ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                            HI,

Do you need a subscription to use the HTTP commands ?
                            Would there be interest in a plugin ?

Best regards,
                            Kriz
                            I'd be interested in a plugin Kriz.

Comment

Hi johnny_holden,

I wrote a WORD file while I was doing it to record my thoughts. Take a look here.

That should be a public download link from Dropbox.
                              I've just found this thread but the dropbox link is now invalid, any chance of attaching it to this thread or putting it back on dropbox?

Thanks
                              Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X