Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.6.49 Beta (Win & Linux)..In Beta section of Updater7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
    Hey Mark!

I updated to the latest beta. Everything was working fine until the update.

The Plugin would load, but it would not actually work.
    Restarting Homeseer was the oddest part as it did not remember jack about the Insteon stuff. It was not reading the ini file, it could not see the device, so it ultimately made sense.

When I looked at the log files, your plugin was trying to use:

/opt/HomeSeer/config

When for the past however long the plugin has been out, it was using:

/opt/HomeSeer/Config

So, looks like you made an inadvertent change in the case that adversely affects Linux.

I corrected by doing "cd /opt/HomeSeer; ln -s config Config" and then restarted the plugin.
    Thanks for reporting back.

drives my crazy that Linux is case sensitive. And HST doesn't seem to following any standard with folder naming conventions

I'll change the code to use "Config"
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
      Hey Mark!

I updated to the latest beta. Everything was working fine until the update.

The Plugin would load, but it would not actually work.
      Restarting Homeseer was the oddest part as it did not remember jack about the Insteon stuff. It was not reading the ini file, it could not see the device, so it ultimately made sense.

When I looked at the log files, your plugin was trying to use:

/opt/HomeSeer/config

When for the past however long the plugin has been out, it was using:

/opt/HomeSeer/Config

So, looks like you made an inadvertent change in the case that adversely affects Linux.

I corrected by doing "cd /opt/HomeSeer; ln -s config Config" and then restarted the plugin.
      I posted .21 which changes the folder reference to "Config"
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark: as info, all of my dimmable Insteon devices had their "Hide device from mobile views" option turned on, same as mentioned by someone else. None of the non-dimmable Insteon ones were affected, and no non-Insteon devices affected. Everything still worked fine, they just were not visible on a remote. Not sure exactly when it happened, but it was quite recently. It was an easy fix to just go through them all and uncheck the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
          Mark: as info, all of my dimmable Insteon devices had their "Hide device from mobile views" option turned on, same as mentioned by someone else. None of the non-dimmable Insteon ones were affected, and no non-Insteon devices affected. Everything still worked fine, they just were not visible on a remote. Not sure exactly when it happened, but it was quite recently. It was an easy fix to just go through them all and uncheck the box.
          very strange. I don't believe the plugin messes with that property at all.

if you can replicate the issue, please post the steps.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think I read that "Hide device from mobile views" is new feature in 3.0.0.357. If so, maybe its a one-time flaw in the upgrade that for some reason clicks that option on for a dimmable Insteon device but not others...?

Comment

I think I read that "Hide device from mobile views" is new feature in 3.0.0.357. If so, maybe its a one-time flaw in the upgrade that for some reason clicks that option on for a dimmable Insteon device but not others...?
              I spoke with Rich on this. the default is supposed to be off, so not sure how this setting got turned on.

i'm wondering if he is reusing a property bit value that I may be using for something else.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark -

I just installed the 3.0.6.21 Beta, and am noticing a behavior that was not present in the official release.
                It looks like the plugin is updating the status and value for an I/O Linc sensor after an unsuccessful polling event (5 retries).
                In this particular case, it's indicating that my garage door has opened, and setting off an alarm in my house... at night.
                Please let me know if there's a setting or .ini value I need to adjust, otherwise I'll just hang tight until there's another update.

Thanks!

Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Garage Door Opened at Night"
                Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Unsecure System Status"
                Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Insteon Setting status and value for device 1F.C3.AA:1. Old status:100 Old Value:100, New Status:17 New Value: 0
                Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Insteon Did not get any status response from 1F.C3.AA after 5 tries. No change to database delta value.
                Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #5 failed.
                Sep-15 4:28:50 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
                Sep-15 4:28:50 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                Sep-15 4:28:50 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #4 failed.
                Sep-15 4:28:47 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
                Sep-15 4:28:47 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                Sep-15 4:28:47 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #3 failed.
                Sep-15 4:28:43 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
                Sep-15 4:28:43 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                Sep-15 4:28:43 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #2 failed.
                Sep-15 4:28:40 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
                Sep-15 4:28:40 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                Sep-15 4:28:40 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #1 failed.
                Sep-15 4:28:37 AM Insteon Saved ini file. msecs=0
                Sep-15 4:28:36 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
                Sep-15 4:28:36 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                Sep-15 4:28:36 AM Insteon Attempting to update the status for Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA)
                Sep-15 4:28:36 AM Insteon Requesting Insteon status (Polling) for device Access Garage Door Input Sensor: Garage Door Status (1F.C3.AA)

Comment

Originally posted by vball61 View Post
                  Mark -

I just installed the 3.0.6.21 Beta, and am noticing a behavior that was not present in the official release.
                  It looks like the plugin is updating the status and value for an I/O Linc sensor after an unsuccessful polling event (5 retries).
                  In this particular case, it's indicating that my garage door has opened, and setting off an alarm in my house... at night.
                  Please let me know if there's a setting or .ini value I need to adjust, otherwise I'll just hang tight until there's another update.

Thanks!
                  yes, I made some changes to iolinc polling. if the iolinc doesn't respond, its value will be set to Unknown (instead of assuming on or off)

can you post a screen shot of the trigger you are using?

also can I see a pic of the status graphics tab for the hs device definition
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    I spoke with Rich on this. the default is supposed to be off, so not sure how this setting got turned on.

i'm wondering if he is reusing a property bit value that I may be using for something else.
                    If so, it would something to do with dimmable, because every dimmable device was set, but only the dimmable devices.

Comment

If so, it would something to do with dimmable, because every dimmable device was set, but only the dimmable devices.
                      i did a test using .357 of creating a new device. it didn't set that hide mobile bit.

so i think this bit (while unused until now) must have been set on dimmers previously

this may just be a one time upgrade issue.

thanks for reporting. i will put in on the next set of release notes.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        yes, I made some changes to iolinc polling. if the iolinc doesn't respond, its value will be set to Unknown (instead of assuming on or off)

can you post a screen shot of the trigger you are using?

also can I see a pic of the status graphics tab for the hs device definition
                        Thanks for the follow up. I think I see the problem. The Beta is setting the device value to '0', but a status value of '0' is interpreted as garage door open. 'Unknown' = '-1' according to the device's Status Graphics tab (attached)

Here's a log which captures an actual garage door opening event. The garage door status value is returned as '0':

Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Unsecure System Status"
                        Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Insteon Setting status and value for device 1F.C3.AA:1. Old status:100 Old Value:100, New Status:3 New Value:0
                        Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Insteon ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA) is group broadcast source (tgt group/button:1) sending cmd 13
                        Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Insteon Received 1F.C3.AA:1 (Access Garage Door Status) Go OFF
                        Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):1F C3 AA 00 00 01 C7 13 00
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vball61 View Post
                          Thanks for the follow up. I think I see the problem. The Beta is setting the device value to '0', but a status value of '0' is interpreted as garage door open. 'Unknown' = '-1' according to the device's Status Graphics tab (attached)

Here's a log which captures an actual garage door opening event. The garage door status value is returned as '0':
                          Updated the code, and posted 3.0.6.22 in the beta section of the updater

give it a try
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, did that error just sneak in recently or was it there for a long time. Maybe this has solved my long-standing problem with IO-Lincs occasionally giving false alarms that we have discussed in the past. If so - YEA!!

Comment

Mark, did that error just sneak in recently or was it there for a long time. Maybe this has solved my long-standing problem with IO-Lincs occasionally giving false alarms that we have discussed in the past. If so - YEA!!
                              Possibly. give it a go and let me know
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

anyone have any feedback regarding losing their insteon.ini while using this latest beta?
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X