Upstart changes not picked up by HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upstart changes not picked up by HS

I made substantial changes to my UPB network with UPstart. I deleted a lot of scenes and devices, renamed devices and scenes, etc. When I restarted HS, none of the changes had been picked up. I tried manually using the "Import" button but that seems to have really messed things up. It imported over 200 devices but didn't rename or delete any of the old stuff. How can I fix this? If I delete (via HS) all UPB devices, all events that reference those devices will be broken, even if I reimport them from the UPE file, correct?

Does the developer of this plugin monitor this forum? This is a big problem for me. I depend heavily on UPB and it's not working since I began the migration to HS3.

Comment

Yes, he has been very responsive in the past.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

While you are waiting, does this thread help? In particular, see post #4.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Unfortunately, no. I'm having a different problem. The user documentation says that the plugin reads the Upstart (UPE) file and imports new devices. My problem is that I deleted many devices and renamed many more. None of those changes are reflected in Homeseer after a restart. Right now Homeseer doesn't match UPstart at all. I could manually rename and delete devices and links in HS but that would be a lot of work. I'm also afraid that if this behavior is a bug and is fixed in the future, I could end up with a huge mess if I've modified devices in HS outside of UPstart and UPstart tries to fix it.

Comment

My experience in the past has been that new devices are picked up, modified devices are picked up, but deleted devices (or the old named one when renamed) are not removed. You have to manually delete them.

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

Yeah, that appears to be the way it works. I'm cleaning it up now but it is a very tedious process. I changed my naming scheme for links so I renamed almost all of them. I also deleted some devices that I no longer have. I thought HS would pick up all the changes after a restart. No such luck!

Comment

The HS2 plugin handled this much better

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

Yes, it did!

Comment

I had so much trouble with UPB plug-ins in HS3 (both UPBSpud and HS 3.0), that I decided to go back to HS 2.5 Pro. I have a lot of S.A. UMI-32 modules (3 low level inputs, 2 outputs) to control such things as filling my Kuerig Coffee pot water, open, close Hunter Douglas blinds (hard wired power so they don't use the batteries), open, close commercial garage door opener, inject liquid fertilizer into sprinkler system (separate N,P, K valves), etc. I have not found any device with the bang for the buck of the UMI which can sense AND control. I will not be updating my Homeseer software until I am sure the UPB plug-in works.

Comment

All I use UPB for is lighting control. I have about 190 UPB devices (mostly wall switches and lamp modules). Aside from the headache of changing device names, deleting and adding devices, it's working very well for me.

I wish the plugin was intelligent enough to compare the UPE file with the current HS configuration and ask how to handle discrepancies. Similar to the way UPStart does. Or, at the very least, to log the discrepancies so I can look at the log to see what changes were made.

Comment

I have two UMI-32s and I cannot get either to work under HS3 using Spud's plug-in. This is the only thing holding my back from HS3. They work perfectly under HS2 and HS3 sees them. However, none of the inputs read correctly and the outputs are very slow to act under HS3. I'll revisit it later this fall and hopefully Spud can help me get them sorted, but until then I'm happily using HS 2.5 Pro

Originally posted by wildbill124 View Post
                        I had so much trouble with UPB plug-ins in HS3 (both UPBSpud and HS 3.0), that I decided to go back to HS 2.5 Pro. I have a lot of S.A. UMI-32 modules (3 low level inputs, 2 outputs) to control such things as filling my Kuerig Coffee pot water, open, close Hunter Douglas blinds (hard wired power so they don't use the batteries), open, close commercial garage door opener, inject liquid fertilizer into sprinkler system (separate N,P, K valves), etc. I have not found any device with the bang for the buck of the UMI which can sense AND control. I will not be updating my Homeseer software until I am sure the UPB plug-in works.

Comment

"However, none of the inputs read correctly .... "

Are you saying they read reverse of what they should be? I.E. On is off and off is on? I discovered that you can control that for each individual device with this plugin. I don't remember being able to do that with the HS UPB plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by DC View Post
                            "However, none of the inputs read correctly .... "

Are you saying they read reverse of what they should be? I.E. On is off and off is on? I discovered that you can control that for each individual device with this plugin. I don't remember being able to do that with the HS UPB plugin.
                            No, as in they don't read at all. They always show as being off regardless of the actual input state.

I'll add that the machine always boots up in HS2, but I shut that down completely and start HS3. Every other UPB device reads/works fine and HS3 sees the UMI-32s and creates the devices. The relays work with a 1-2 second delay sometimes. The UMI-32s work as they should in HS2 on my HomeTroller and others have them working in HS3, so something is off on my HS3 set-up. I'm not sure what to do next.

Comment

Originally posted by Techvet View Post
                              I have two UMI-32s and I cannot get either to work under HS3 using Spud's plug-in. This is the only thing holding my back from HS3. They work perfectly under HS2 and HS3 sees them. However, none of the inputs read correctly and the outputs are very slow to act under HS3. I'll revisit it later this fall and hopefully Spud can help me get them sorted, but until then I'm happily using HS 2.5 Pro
                              sorry for the delay, this problem is caused by a bug introduced in version 3.0.0.35 of the plugin. It's now fixed in version 3.0.0.38 available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163104

Please test and let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X