This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5iver View Post
    I have Dots and Sony SA-NS400 wifi speakers. When the dots do a discovery, the speakers go offline and sometimes do not make it back on the network. Wireshark and the Intel Device Sniffer for UPNP show the dots sending an SSDP packet that is malformed, per the UPNP spec. The Search Target is to be a domain name, but the dots are sending:

M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
    HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
    MAN: "ssdp:discover"
    MX: 15
    ST: urn:Belkin:device:**

Using netcat to send this packet, I can recreate this issue. I have a ticket open with Amazon's Technical Support and the development group is supposed to call in 3-5 days. I searched all over for people reporting the same thing, and this thread looked like the closest thing. I'm curious if any of you can reproduce this packet and see if it does not cause the issues you are seeing.

For the time being, I've blocked SSDP from the dots on the interface where the speakers are. I created a guest network that was open to the rest of my network. Then put the following in for each of the dots, replacing X.X.X.X with the IP:
    Code:
    ebtables -I FORWARD -o wl0.1 --protocol IPv4 --ip-source X.X.X.X --ip-destination 239.255.255.250 -j DROP
    This allows the dots to get to discover everything else, and allows anything else to discover the speakers.
    Hello. Can you post the netcat command you used so I confirm the network interfaces on my Pioneer Receivers reset when sent the SSDP packet?

Regards.
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by 5iver View Post
      I have Dots and Sony SA-NS400 wifi speakers. When the dots do a discovery, the speakers go offline and sometimes do not make it back on the network. Wireshark and the Intel Device Sniffer for UPNP show the dots sending an SSDP packet that is malformed, per the UPNP spec. The Search Target is to be a domain name, but the dots are sending:

M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
      HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
      MAN: "ssdp:discover"
      MX: 15
      ST: urn:Belkin:device:**
      The Search Target above appears to be valid. Not sure about the two asterisk characters in the ST field. The UPnP Device Architecture 2.0 document doesn't mention the use of asterisk characters in that field.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Back again. I recently upgraded and ditched my old Dlink router. Now have a new Ubiquity Edgerouter POE-5 and two AC-PRO Access points. Still have an old 16 port unmanaged switch until I get the Ubiquity one and complete the setup. Everything Works for now.

Anybody good at Ubiquity Router Firewall configuration? Need to implement this fix on this router. Single Pioneer receiver SC-1223 static at 192.168.2.49. Router is 192.168.2.1.

Three amazon devices, 1 Echo and 2 Dots. Currently DHPC but can make those static as well. Have that part of the Ubiquity figured out. I have been busy watching video and reading up to learn more on the Ubiquity product line.

Comment

I just purchased the 24 port and 8 port UniFi switches. Simple connect the pioneer to the switch, then enable port isolation.

Comment

Have not purchased the Unifi switch yet. Just the Edgerouter POE5 and AP.

Eth2 is used and setup and plugged into old unmanaged 16 port switch. All 15 house ports are plugged into this old switch. Pioneer is one of the devices in this switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
              Have not purchased the Unifi switch yet. Just the Edgerouter POE5 and AP.

Eth2 is used and setup and plugged into old unmanaged 16 port switch. All 15 house ports are plugged into this old switch. Pioneer is one of the devices in this switch.

Okay. The only way to prevent the Pioneer from resetting it's interface is to suppress the broadcast packet. Not sure how to do it with the equipment you have.

Comment

I am reading and trying to understand the Ubiquity way of doing firewall rules. Very steep learning curve for a non networking/computer engineer.

I think have it partially blocked as now it does the discovery packet and knocks the pioneer receiver off line but now it comes back by itself and the plugin reconnects.

Before it went down hard and needed a power cycle.

Comment

I have events with pushover notification to track when the plugin is connected or disconnected . The disconnects align perfectly
                  with Amazon Discovery messages logged in the HS log.

Comment

Working...
                  X