This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul View Post
    I'm experiencing an HSTouch display issue in the Climate section. The Heat and Cool setpoints display reversed. setpoints are correct in Nest, correct on the HS3 Devices screen, but incorrect on Climate. Screenshots attached.

Any ideas?

regards,

Paul
    It's a bug. I will fix it soon.
    Thank you for reporting it.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
      I'm experiencing an HSTouch display issue in the Climate section. The Heat and Cool setpoints display reversed. setpoints are correct in Nest, correct on the HS3 Devices screen, but incorrect on Climate. Screenshots attached.

Any ideas?

regards,

Paul
      Fixed in version 3.0.0.7 available here

Comment

The only thing I can download is attachment.php. Any update on the Linux version? Or can I try my luck and see if this "just works"?

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
          The only thing I can download is attachment.php. Any update on the Linux version? Or can I try my luck and see if this "just works"?
          Can't you download Nest_3-0-0-7.zip and updater_override.txt from this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...46#post1130146 ?
          It works for me

You could try and see if this package just works in Linux, but it is unlikely.
          I plan to start testing and porting to Linux maybe next week or the week after that

Comment

I couldn't download using IE, but if I switched over to Chrome it downloaded just fine. Very odd!

I guess I'll build a Linux VM and install the trial HS3 to test this. I don't want to break my working HomeTroller-SEL! What parts of your plugin do you think would be incompatible? Or is it the fact that it just hasn't been wrapped in mono?

Comment

the Nest plugin depends on the dll on the screenshot below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dependencies.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1175058

I'm not sure if all of them work on Mono especially the Microsoft.Threading.* ones.

Comment

I did some digging around on the mono site and based on what I can tell it fully supports the microsoft threading libraries. So it, theoretically, should work. As soon as I can get a basic ubuntu VM spun up I will test.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                  I did some digging around on the mono site and based on what I can tell it fully supports the microsoft threading libraries. So it, theoretically, should work. As soon as I can get a basic ubuntu VM spun up I will test.
                  ok, great, let me know how it goes. Thanks

Comment

No data from Nest

Hi,

I am using any change the ambient temperature reading from the Nest to trigger a thermostat script (controlling plug-in modules). But from time to time the Nest stops reporting data to HS, and in the log the DEBUG event: keep-alive/DEBUG data: null stops. I can establish connection again by re-authorize the plugin.

Any idea why this might be happening, and if there is any other way to force a connection once it has stopped?

Comment

Originally posted by Nettopp View Post
                      Hi,

I am using any change the ambient temperature reading from the Nest to trigger a thermostat script (controlling plug-in modules). But from time to time the Nest stops reporting data to HS, and in the log the DEBUG event: keep-alive/DEBUG data: null stops. I can establish connection again by re-authorize the plugin.

Any idea why this might be happening, and if there is any other way to force a connection once it has stopped?
                      I noticed this problem once or twice but it's hard to replicate as it only seem to happen after a long time. I don't know what's causing it yet. but I'm investigating.

After how much time does it happen for you?

One workaround is to restart the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                        I noticed this problem once or twice but it's hard to replicate as it only seem to happen after a long time. I don't know what's causing it yet. but I'm investigating.

After how much time does it happen for you?

One workaround is to restart the plugin.
                        I will check the log the next time, but it usually runs fine a few days before disconnecting. I might try to set up a warning with a timer or something similar, as my thermostat scrip in its current form is depending on input from the Nest.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          ok, great, let me know how it goes. Thanks
                          Got it installed, but when trying to activate it the console shows "Object Reference Not Set to Instance of an Object". The console also shows that it's constantly trying to connect to something.

Comment

I had another disconnect today, not long before I reached my log limit. Coincidence?

okt-22 04:15:00 Log Info The log database is currently 49,99MB in size.
                            okt-22 02:27:17 Nest DEBUG Monitoring has stopped, restarting...
                            okt-22 02:26:56 Nest DEBUG data: null
                            okt-22 02:26:56 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                            okt-22 02:26:26 Nest DEBUG data: null
                            okt-22 02:26:26 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                            okt-22 02:25:56 Nest DEBUG data: null
                            okt-22 02:25:56 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive

Comment

Originally posted by Nettopp View Post
                              I had another disconnect today, not long before I reached my log limit. Coincidence?

okt-22 04:15:00 Log Info The log database is currently 49,99MB in size.
                              okt-22 02:27:17 Nest DEBUG Monitoring has stopped, restarting...
                              okt-22 02:26:56 Nest DEBUG data: null
                              okt-22 02:26:56 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                              okt-22 02:26:26 Nest DEBUG data: null
                              okt-22 02:26:26 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                              okt-22 02:25:56 Nest DEBUG data: null
                              okt-22 02:25:56 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                              in version 3.0.0.8 available in first post of this thread I have fixed a reconnection problem after connection is dropped by the remote server. I have tested it for a few days, so far so good. Please test as well and let me know.

this version also adds support for Linux.

Comment

I have run the 3.0.0.8 a few days now without disconnects, looks like you fixed it! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X