protocoll problm with 2 units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

protocoll problm with 2 units

I just installed 2 rain8net serial units, hooked up, tested with WGL config and demo softare all zones work fine. Purchased & Installed homseer plugin from updater (2.2.08). Homeseer plugin did not correctly control the 2'nd unit. No zones on 2nd unit could be controlled.

Installed 2.2.0.11 version (noted in a previous thread) and captured log (debug info on - log attached).

Noted two problems per log entries:

1 - When turning on zone 9 get "Problem Calculating Unit#." entry in log and zone does not turn on.

2 - When calculating zone numbers above 8, ie: 9..16, zone number sent in byte 3 is are not correct ( ie: 9 should be 1, 10 = 2, 11 = 3...etc)

Note - Possible additional issue (noted status did not change for zone 10 to "on" regardless of the zone not working properly...this did change in 2.2.0.8 even thoe zone didn't actually turn on.

Can you help please?

Config:
    Rain8net serial (x2) Unit addresses 1 and 2
    Rain8net plugin 2.2.0.11
    Windows XP
    Homeseer 2.2.0.66
    Attached Files

Complete info

Sorry Larry little early in the morning when I wrote the previous thread entry.

I should have clarified I have two rain8 units hooked together to make 16 zones. First unit address is 1 and second unit address is 2. Configured the plugin for 2 units with no (go/nogo option set). I verifed the .ini file correctly reflects the settings.

First unit is responding fine second unit is not as per the log entries I noted.
    You can also seen in the log that &h0 is sent for the unit code when zone-9 is selected which should be &h2.

Thanks for any help you can provided

Comment

I will investigate, thanks for all the info and log, this will be helpful. Not sure how long this will take, being a holiday weekend, I am hosting a BBQ on the 4th., sometime after that. Thanks for your patients.
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

OK, I think this version 2.2.0.12 will solve your problem, it was a stupid mistake on my part. Give it a try, and let me know.

If everything works out OK, then I will send it to the Updater.
        Attached Files
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Looks like it's working

Larry thanks for the very quick response. Seems to be working fine controlling both units. I still see the status of devices not being updated from off to on, on to off etc in the device status list but that's not preventing me from doing what I need to do right now.

I appreciate the help on this holiday weekend...hope you have a great 4th!!

ck

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
            I will investigate, thanks for all the info and log, this will be helpful. Not sure how long this will take, being a holiday weekend, I am hosting a BBQ on the 4th., sometime after that. Thanks for your patients.
            I had the same kind of an issue, and keeps bothering me like hell, so I have to take proper steps in resolving the issue as soon as possible

Comment

Working...
            X