This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to start if X10 Enabled

I have been using the Insteon PLM plugin for a while, but recently wanted to add an old x10 relay device I had. If I enable the x10 under the Insteon PLM, hspro will no longer start. When the log reaches this line
    7/7/2010 12:40:38 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: Insteon on COM port 5
    it just hangs. The processor shows between 16 and 20 percent activity, but nothing happens. I have let it run for several minutes hoping for a timeout, but to no avail.
    The only way I was able to get hspro to boot was to remove "Insteon" from gSelectedX10Interface= in the settings.ini file.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Are you running the latest Insteon PLM plugin that Mark has posted? As a work around you could use another X10 interface if you have one.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using the latest plugin. Unfortunately, the x10 controller I have is not supported by homeseer, and it is only one device (it would be just as cheap to buy an insteon relay as a new x10 controller).
      Thanks

Comment

When you enable X10 what browser are you using?

Comment

I generally am using either IE or Chrome. The change does seem to be made to the settings.ini file...and I have tried to insert Insteon to that line manually to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by docgreg View Post
            I generally am using either IE or Chrome. The change does seem to be made to the settings.ini file...and I have tried to insert Insteon to that line manually to no avail.
            IE should work just fine. It sounds like it may be a bug in the Insteon plugin. Mark will see this thread and let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by docgreg View Post
              I have been using the Insteon PLM plugin for a while, but recently wanted to add an old x10 relay device I had. If I enable the x10 under the Insteon PLM, hspro will no longer start. When the log reaches this line
              7/7/2010 12:40:38 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: Insteon on COM port 5
              it just hangs. The processor shows between 16 and 20 percent activity, but nothing happens. I have let it run for several minutes hoping for a timeout, but to no avail.
              The only way I was able to get hspro to boot was to remove "Insteon" from gSelectedX10Interface= in the settings.ini file.

Any ideas?
              Thanks
              please turn on detailed debugging from the insteon config page and then restart hs and try to enable the x10 interface from the setup/interface page.

i'm interested to see of the plugin generates any additional log entries leading up to the hang.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for your help. Adding the advanced debug logging causes the following entry to be repeated indefinitely

7/8/2010 9:44:01 AM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer - Cleared: 03 66 to locate next possible STX
                7/8/2010 9:44:02 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Sending command 02 60 to PLM, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                7/8/2010 9:44:02 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Transmit fail with STX/cmd echo mismatch. Expecting 2 got 66
                7/8/2010 9:44:02 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Retry required. Pausing 250ms for PLM to clear...
                7/8/2010 9:44:02 AM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer - Cleared: 03 66 to locate next possible STX
                7/8/2010 9:44:03 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Sending command 02 60 to PLM, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                7/8/2010 9:44:03 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Transmit fail with STX/cmd echo mismatch. Expecting 2 got 66
                7/8/2010 9:44:03 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Retry required. Pausing 250ms for PLM to clear...
                7/8/2010 9:44:03 AM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer - Cleared: 03 66 to locate next possible STX
                7/8/2010 9:44:04 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Sending command 02 60 to PLM, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                7/8/2010 9:44:04 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Transmit fail with STX/cmd echo mismatch. Expecting 2 got 66
                7/8/2010 9:44:04 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Retry required. Pausing 250ms for PLM to clear...
                7/8/2010 9:44:05 AM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer - Cleared: 03 66 to locate next possible STX
                7/8/2010 9:44:06 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Sending command 02 60 to PLM, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                7/8/2010 9:44:06 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Transmit fail with STX/cmd echo mismatch. Expecting 2 got 66
                7/8/2010 9:44:06 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Retry required. Pausing 250ms for PLM to clear...
                7/8/2010 9:44:06 AM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_ProcessInBuffer - Cleared: 03 66 to locate next possible STX
                7/8/2010 9:44:07 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Sending command 02 60 to PLM, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                7/8/2010 9:44:07 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Transmit fail with STX/cmd echo mismatch. Expecting 2 got 66
                7/8/2010 9:44:07 AM ~!~Insteon~!~..Retry required. Pausing 250ms for PLM to clear...

The only way to stop this is to terminate the service.

This does not come up as long as the x10 is not enabled.

Again, appreciate the help.

Greg

Comment

i should have asked what plugin version you are using and the model # of your plm?

what if you disable the Other interface first then enable the x10 interface does that work
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have tried it with the insteon interface disabled (just the x10) and get the same result.
                    I have the 2412S rev 3.1 and am using the plugin version 1.1.52.1

Thanks.
                    Greg

Comment

would you mind trying the latest version 1.4.2. its posted in the forum (not the Updater).

To install, shutdown hs. unzip the file to your homeseer directory and restart hs.

please backup your current hspi_insteon.dll in case you need to rollback
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                        Thanks for that suggestion. I did the upgrade, and although there was still a problem, it lead me to the solution.

The upgrade no longer hangs, rather fails after a few attempts, and the additional loggin brought me to the problem. Clicking "Enable" for the x10, for some reason, drops the serial port number down one. For example, my plm is on com6, but when I click enable, it moves it down to 5. Going back and correcting this now lets everything work!

Seems like a small bug found. I just hadn't noticed the number decrease until the logs followed through and everything showed fail.

Thanks again for your help.

Greg

Comment

Greg,
                          glad its working and thanks for the feedback. i just tried the same thing and my com port decremented as well; strange.

I'll have to report this to HS as the plugin itself doesn't store the comport, it's a function of HS.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X