HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably me being stupid, but.....

Does this plugin work on a hs3 Linux-hosted setup ?

It doesn't seem to launch the plugin when all of the standard ones get launched ?

Thank you

dp

Comment

Originally posted by dpdpkpcom View Post
      Does this plugin work on a hs3 Linux-hosted setup ?
      It doesn't run under Linux because it makes heavy use of windows provided (COM) functions, like the UPNP/SSDP functions. Mono only "translates" .NET functions, not Windows provided COM functions, at least not from what I understand of making Windows app work under Linux.

You could run HS3 on Linux and this PI on a remote windows machine (provided HS adds a few more functions I need to make that work 100%). It may not be what you want, I get that.

To avoid raising your hopes, the chance that this PI will be changed to work under Linux is slim to none. The PI, at last count had about 20,000 lines of code that are tightly weaved around the UPNP com component. Over the years it has already been challenging enough with different versions of windows, Firewalls on HS machines that cause havoc, VMs, network issues, that it is impossible for me to take on the tasks to test and support now a whole slew of more (Linux) environments.

Dirk

Comment

Thank you very much for the informative reply Dcorsus !!

I thought it would be something like that. And I totally understand why it won't be ported if it's so integrated with COM components.

I don't actually run Homeseer, but I'm trying to integrate Sonos with my existing HA setup. I would have made the leap away from Domoticz if this plugin had allowed the integration.

Windows isn't an option for me for religious reasons ;-)

Comment

Getting Error On Startup

Installed v3.0.0.10. On start up I'm getting this error:

Starting up....

3/23/2014 12:23:08 AM ~!~Error~!~Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: hspi_sonos.exe Class: hspi_sonos.HSPI->Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Also, I noticed some of the sub-folders mentioned in the instructions are no longer in the extract (like the 'Artwork' one "<hs3root>\html\Sonos\Artwork"). Is this intended, or a miss? Not sure why my system won't load the plugin.

Appreciate any direction you can provide.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
            Installed v3.0.0.10. On start up I'm getting this error:

Starting up....

3/23/2014 12:23:08 AM ~!~Error~!~Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: hspi_sonos.exe Class: hspi_sonos.HSPI->Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Also, I noticed some of the sub-folders mentioned in the instructions are no longer in the extract (like the 'Artwork' one "<hs3root>\html\Sonos\Artwork"). Is this intended, or a miss? Not sure why my system won't load the plugin.

Appreciate any direction you can provide.

Chris
            What system (PC) are you running this on? What OS?
            Dirk

Comment

Getting Error On Startup

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              What system (PC) are you running this on? What OS?
              Dirk
              PC is a HP Pavilion running Windows 8. SONOS software is also installed on PC and work. I've tried rebooting several times thinking some of the drivers may need to fully register, but still getting same error at start up, so I never get the PI to show in HS3 so I can get to the config page.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
                Did the file name by any chance got changed? I just downloaded the zip file from this post, installed it, all OK. When I change then name from HSPI_Sonos.exe to hspi_sonos.exe, I get the same error, which actually, the error tells us, the file name has changed

Dirk

Comment

Solution for Linux Users

Just to keep linux users "in the loop" with regards to a solution to stream mp3s/wavs/etc to Sonos speakers. I finally found a solution after trying multiple offerings.

It's in the form of an excellent Ruby Gem.

Host your files at a location available from a URL and then you can use the sonos command line tool to get the files streamed to your Sonos speakers.

I haven't sorted TTS yet, but am confident that this can be done as there are an abundance of Google-related TTS scripts that can be hooked into your home automation setup. They save the TTS as an mp3 that you can then use this gem to stream to Sonos.

Hope this helps others who have been similarly stumped.

dp

Comment

Works now. When I copied/pasted hspi_sonos.exe file from download, for some reason when I started up HS it got renamed in capitals. I cut/pasted instead and now it works. Odd.

Comment

Can you update the attachment link, it doesn't work.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
                        Can you update the attachment link, it doesn't work.
                        thanks
                        Which link? The one at the top of this thread? Works fine for me
                        Dirk

Comment

Odd, from my IE on windows 8 the link to the PHP doesn't download. Tried it on my MAC and I can get the file. Something up with Windows 8 internet explorer.

Comment

Is it just me or did the Sonos plugin and HST stop working together a few days ago? I can no longer see anything more than the "Sonos Master Master" and the "Sonos Livingroom Livingroom" where the latter is the livingroom sonos unit I have installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
                              Is it just me or did the Sonos plugin and HST stop working together a few days ago? I can no longer see anything more than the "Sonos Master Master" and the "Sonos Livingroom Livingroom" where the latter is the livingroom sonos unit I have installed.
                              See postings #134, 159, 161 above.
                              Bug report open for quite a while http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1441 but don't see any movement. Assuming you are on the latest HSTouch, HS designer, HS3 version, you can work around this by marking the devices as non-hidden.

Dirk

Comment

Any idea what this error is about, Started happening after the latest update.

Apr-07 11:24:23 PM Sonos Error ERROR in GetCurrentTrackInfo/GetMediaInfo for zoneplayer = Amp with UPNP Error = -2147012194: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147012894. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072EE2
                                Apr-07 11:24:23 PM Sonos Error ERROR in PlayURI for zoneplayer = Amp with UPNP Error = -2147012194: Unknown error type. OrgError=-2147012894. URI=x-sonosapi-stream:s12366?sid=254&flags=32, MetaData={0x3C}DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"{0x3E3C}item id="-1" parentID="-1" restricted="true"{0x3E3C}dc:title{0x3E}Z103.5{0x3C}/dc:title{0x3E3C}upnp:class{0x3E}object.item.audioItem.audioB roadcast{0x3C}/upnp:class{0x3E3C}desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/"{0x3E}SA_RINCON65031_{0x3C}/desc{0x3E3C}/item{0x3E3C}/DIDL-Lite{0x3E}, Error =Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072EE2

Comment

Working...
                                X