This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aprilaire with HS3?

Did anyone find a way to run Aprilaire thermostat with HS3?

Thinking the same thing.

An aprilaire plugin is the only thing stopping me from switching totally to H3.

Comment

I have an AprilAire thermostat that came with the house and I would like to replace it but I can't find one I am comfortable with. It displays the outside temperature on the LCD display and the majority of the Z-Wave thermostats do not have this feature. Now I don't really care if the temp is displayed or not but it is my understanding that the unit uses that input (in part) to determine when to kick in the aux heat source since this is a heat pump. I just can't find enough information to determine if the replacement thermostats deal with that regardless of displaying it on the screen. I tracked down the guy who installed the unit and he was clueless.

Comment

The outside temp is optional. It will allow you to set the balance point thru the thermostat that determines when the aux heat will run with the compressor shut off. Any thermostat designed for a heat pump will work.

The pluses of the Aiprilaire is that it is modular and has ability to add zones, multiple temp and humidity readings. You can control a whole house humidifier and the biggest plus is the ability to control it from a home automation system.

Comment

Originally posted by ffneilm View Post
          An aprilaire plugin is the only thing stopping me from switching totally to H3.
          I am in same situation. How many people have interest in a third party plugin?

Comment

I am still interested in this, and could help with testing and development. I am unable to upgrade to HS3 because of this one plugin... Is HomeSeer willing to provide the original code for the HS2 plugin? I could probably port it to HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by bbuck2002 View Post
              I am still interested in this, and could help with testing and development. I am unable to upgrade to HS3 because of this one plugin... Is HomeSeer willing to provide the original code for the HS2 plugin? I could probably port it to HS3.
              The source code is available: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...ode-P1800.aspx

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Really??

This frustrated me when I saw it, so I am not responding until now.
                I might pay $50 or so for a working HS3 Aprilaire plugin, but I sure as **** am not going to spend $100 for the source code of the HS2 version! Who knows if I'd even be able to port it!
                Anyway, still on HS2, and looks like I'll be supporting it for quite a while longer. I don't really want to replace a perfectly good Aprilaire thermostat setup.

Comment

Originally posted by bbuck2002 View Post
                  This frustrated me when I saw it, so I am not responding until now.
                  I might pay $50 or so for a working HS3 Aprilaire plugin, but I sure as **** am not going to spend $100 for the source code of the HS2 version! Who knows if I'd even be able to port it!
                  Anyway, still on HS2, and looks like I'll be supporting it for quite a while longer. I don't really want to replace a perfectly good Aprilaire thermostat setup.
                  Well, don't shoot the messenger

I'd call HS and see if they will release the code as open source. They've done that for a few other plugins as well.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have an interest in an Aprilaire HS3 plugin myself.

At the present I have a whole house Aprilaire humidifier that I would like to control but the thermostat is a Honeywell wifi. The HW works great except they won't release the API so I'm going to switch to the AA 8800 Thermo and the AA 8811 adapter. The HW uses the Total Connect Comfort and even though someone has done a HS3 plugin, it could change and break with any HW update.

So, count me in for a HS3 plugin. I'm going to get a non-HVAC test environment setup 8800 Therm, 8811 Adapter and 800 Hum connected.

-Matt

Update: Does anyone have a working HS2 Aprilaire plugin working? Screenshots and would grabbing source code might expedite a HS3 conversion. Might be worth the cost if HS wont turn it over to us.
                    Last edited by mattm55; January 26, 2016, 08:49 PM. Reason: source code

Comment

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
                      I have an interest in an Aprilaire HS3 plugin myself.

At the present I have a whole house Aprilaire humidifier that I would like to control but the thermostat is a Honeywell wifi. The HW works great except they won't release the API so I'm going to switch to the AA 8800 Thermo and the AA 8811 adapter. The HW uses the Total Connect Comfort and even though someone has done a HS3 plugin, it could change and break with any HW update.

So, count me in for a HS3 plugin. I'm going to get a non-HVAC test environment setup 8800 Therm, 8811 Adapter and 800 Hum connected.

-Matt

Update: Does anyone have a working HS2 Aprilaire plugin working? Screenshots and would grabbing source code might expedite a HS3 conversion. Might be worth the cost if HS wont turn it over to us.
                      I have Aprilaire plugin working with HS2. This is the only missing plugin before I can upgrade to HS3.

Comment

Ok. I actually went for the Venstar thermostat and signed up to do that plugin for HS3. If that doesnt work well I may swap to an Aprilair.
                        Matt

Comment

hi all. new guy here-- i bought a home that has HS2 running a plugin talking to 10 Aprilaire stats -- only 5 furnaces, but used for floor heat zones and humidistats too -- works ok but trying to move to HS3 for other things. Would love an Aprilaire HS3 plugin so wanted to register my interest as well.
                          Just started running HS3 in parallel and am porting systems one by one, so ready to help with testing if needed.

Comment

Source Code

Awhile back I inquired about the Aprilaire HS2 source code. HomeSeer provided me a link to the source code for purchase. I recently retired and might be interested in purchase and see what it would take to upgrade the HS2 to HS3. Not sure why no one has attempted this yet since there does seem to be a fair amount of interest in the Aprilaire plugin for HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by smacarth View Post
                              Awhile back I inquired about the Aprilaire HS2 source code. HomeSeer provided me a link to the source code for purchase. I recently retired and might be interested in purchase and see what it would take to upgrade the HS2 to HS3. Not sure why no one has attempted this yet since there does seem to be a fair amount of interest in the Aprilaire plugin for HS3.

I'd buy it if there is a HS3 plugin for Aprilaire. It's the only thing preventing me going to HS3

Comment

Working...
                              X