This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No HS Droid access from outside

HS Droid was working fine inside and outside until ISP replaced cable gateway. This is a business office with a number of servers, static IPs and a dedicated HomeSeer machine. Does not run as a service.

Port forwarding re-created in new gateway, in fact config was copied and pasted into the new gateway.

After the change of gateways, HS Droid works internally with the static IP on the HomeSeer machine, but there is no access from the outside, usual error message is Service Access Service Access failed with: HomeSeer not available.

ISP, I-T contractor and I are stumped. (I am not an I-T guy)

What port are you using? Is there a security process in the gateway that precludes accesses via that port?
    Originally posted by gjtherk@comcast.net View Post
    HS Droid was working fine inside and outside until ISP replaced cable gateway. This is a business office with a number of servers, static IPs and a dedicated HomeSeer machine. Does not run as a service.

Port forwarding re-created in new gateway, in fact config was copied and pasted into the new gateway.

After the change of gateways, HS Droid works internally with the static IP on the HomeSeer machine, but there is no access from the outside, usual error message is Service Access Service Access failed with: HomeSeer not available.

ISP, I-T contractor and I are stumped. (I am not an I-T guy)

Comment

Ports

I have always used 80 for HomeSeer. Yesterday as an experiment, I changed it to 81 and added it to the port forwarding in the gateway. Worked great from outside then, but not internally, even if adding :81 to the IP address.

I-T contractor says there is nothing as far as security settings in the gateway that would restrict either port.

Comment

Then this must be something to do with the gateway if it works on one port inside and a different port outside.

Comment

Ports

This morning I decided to give :81 another try. Made all of the changes and it seems to be working inside and outside although inside it takes two or three attempts before it works. Not a big deal since my primary purpose with the application is outside.

I do not understand ip rooting at all.

My inside address is 192.168.1.145:81

outside is server.(domain).com

Which server should have the IP rooting box selected?

Thanks Dan

Comment

IP Rooting is so you can use different configurations based on IP address, so you can use one configuration when you're at your home location (which is the IP Rooted config) and a different one when you're not. So if your phone/tablet has a constant IP address when you're "inside" you can IP root that using port 80, then for the other config use port 81.

Comment

IP Rooting

Thank you.

Comment

Outside Access Failed

Rarely able to get in from the outside. Seems to freeze with a black screen on the Android. None of the menu keys respond. Eventually I get a "HomeSeer for Android isn't responding. Do you want to close it" message.

Wait or close don't seem to do anything. I have reinstalled the app on the phone at least half a dozen times.

This then evolves to a "Server Access Server access failed with Homeseer not available.

As you may recall, this all started when the gateway was replaced. All other access from the outside works as it did before the change.

Any recommendations?

Comment

One more thing

After the "Server Access Server access failed with Homeseer not available" message surfaces, I can access configuration from the menu and after that I can usually access the rest of the application. But it can take an hour or more to get to that point.

Comment

Is your server at your home that you can't reach?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Server location

Yes it is at home, but that is also where our business is located. Static IP cable gateway. I can get in, if I can wait long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by gjtherk@comcast.net View Post
                        Yes it is at home, but that is also where our business is located. Static IP cable gateway. I can get in, if I can wait long enough.
                        I would recommend calling your cable provider. They may be blocking access on ports other than 80.

Comment

Ports

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Cable company hand out I-T contractor as been involved and strongly assert that there are no issues in the gateway that are preventing access. I can access HomeSeer from the outside very reliably from a PC. Very unreliably through the Android App.

Comment

Are you using the default Android project or a user modified project? Did it work ok when you were on port 80?

Comment

No modifications of any kind.

I used port 80 without issue for quite some time. No one can say why 80 doesn't work anymore. Switched it to 81. Works every time from any PC, inside or outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X