Panel disconnect after burglar alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel disconnect after burglar alarm

Had the first instance of panel disconnect in quite a while tonight.

The system was set to armed day and I opened the front door. Didn't hear the warning beeps, and the alarm triggered. Almost immediately got a text message saying the panel had disconnected. The panel reconnected and then disconnected again about 7 minutes later.

Logs emailed.

Tom

Thanks Tom I'll take a look and report back.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@Tom,

It might also be the draw on the panel causing an issue. There is a similar post on the Cocoontech forum today relating to an Elk M1 panel.

Way long time ago here (first time installation) went to an outdoor and indoor sounder(alarm).

They did draw too much amperage. It was suggested to use a relay instead and power the sounders separately.

Rather here went to low amperage sounders and a separate HAI subpanel for the consoles. Well too went to 3 different panel battery backed up power supplies for the adds here. (main panel started at 16 zones, then 32 zones and finally 48 zones).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
        Had the first instance of panel disconnect in quite a while tonight.

The system was set to armed day and I opened the front door. Didn't hear the warning beeps, and the alarm triggered. Almost immediately got a text message saying the panel had disconnected. The panel reconnected and then disconnected again about 7 minutes later.

Logs emailed.

Tom
        How do you setup a text msg to alert that the panel disconnected?
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
          How do you setup a text msg to alert that the panel disconnected?
          Thanks!
          Technically it's a email message sent to my carrier's email to text service.
          Attached Files

Comment

I get how to send an email/text. but the only Omni "IF" condition available to me is "OMNI: User Armed/Disarmed." There are no other conditions available for the panel. What am I missing/doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Start off with "If a devices value is"
              Then select "This device changes and becomes"
              Then you will see the list of all devices

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                @Tom,

It might also be the draw on the panel causing an issue. There is a similar post on the Cocoontech forum today relating to an Elk M1 panel.

Way long time ago here (first time installation) went to an outdoor and indoor sounder(alarm).

They did draw too much amperage. It was suggested to use a relay instead and power the sounders separately.

Rather here went to low amperage sounders and a separate HAI subpanel for the consoles. Well too went to 3 different panel battery backed up power supplies for the adds here. (main panel started at 16 zones, then 32 zones and finally 48 zones).

It just happened again this morning. I went back and re-read this post from you and began to think about what happens just before the panel disconnects.

I have about 95 ALC hardwired lights in the house, and the OP2 is set to turn all lights on at alarm. Just to see if that might be the culprit, I did an "all on" via the Haiku app and sure enough, the panel disconnected from the PI.

Got any advice on how to remediate short of disabling the "all on" setting in the OP2? Thanks.....

Comment

Weird occurrence.

Look at the Omni debug logs when you send an all on.

I read a while ago that Haiku was a bit network chatty.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Here is a post from 2012 relating to Haiku and disconnects to the OmniPro 2 panel.

Haiku Losing Connection

Not sure is this would be related to the Omni Plugin disconnects.

Here have multiple panel network connections aside from the Omni Plugin.

Maybe trying the same with Snaplink and see what happens?
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

The problem isn't haiku-related. I did an "all on" within pcacess and the panel disconnected.
                      Last edited by lakemirror; November 28, 2017, 10:04 AM. Reason: typed "on" when I meant "off"

Comment

OK set up an event to trigger all on here.

Note here my units are a mixture of X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee.

Testing....

The all off and all on command shows all of my X10 and UPB lights in PCA status going on and off and in the Omni Plugin Unit configuration and status page.

Reading the help file for PCA it is doing what it is supposed to do. IE: change the status but not actually send an on command.

That said though the lights (X10 or UPB) are not going on or off and only do this if I manually turn them on or off.

Are your lights all going on with an all on trigger?

Last alarm trigger (years ago) did turn on all of the lights. Might be a bug?

I did not see any disconnects running the Omni Plugin on two HS3 boxes now.
                        Last edited by Pete; November 27, 2017, 02:11 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

OMNI debug log sent to Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            OK set up an event to trigger all on here.

Note here my units are a mixture of X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee.

Testing....

All of my X10 (only two) and my UPB lights went on.

Do not see a disconnect here.

Will try same doing an all off.
                            An All Off does not disconnect the panel for me....I do one several times a day. I never do an All On manually, so the only time I noticed the panel disconnecting was when the burglar alarm tripped (and performed an All On programatically).

Comment

Thanks - I'll take a look, but never seen a disconnect on All On. Right now, I only control individual devices, but I'll change my setup to All On as well.
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                              X