This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM stopped connecting

I see a similar thread on this but my situation is a bit different...
    PLM has been working find for a few years but today it stopped.

Repeating error in the log is

Port_DataReceived Error: Specified port is not open
    What are some troubleshooting steps to perform and can I check to verify that the PLM is still working.

Running full Homeseer on a RPI2

Current Date/Time: 1/1/2018 9:21:07 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.377
    Linux version: Linux rpi1 4.1.13-v7+ #826 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 13 20:19:03 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 16 Minutes 1 Second
    IP Address: 192.168.x.x
    Number of Devices: 101
    Number of Events: 65
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled:True
    Event Threads:0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue:0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue:0
    Device Exec Queue:0
    Plugin Callback Queue:0
    HSTouch Event Queue:0
    Email Send Queue:0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.5.0: BLGarbage
    2.0.35.0: BLLAN
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

(Disabled when created this)
    3.0.6.0: Insteon

please review the following thread

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193104
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have reviewed the thread.
      The setup has worked for over a year...never any interference or problem connecting. HS/RPI to USB PLM has been pretty much rock solid. I have powered own the RPI and unplugged the PLM to reset everything and during HS startup it immediately writes the same error to the log till I disable the plugin.

On the RPI if I run lsusb it does see a FTDI USB to Serial Interface (I guess the USB PLM is just a serial one with a USB to serial chip built in)...but HS still can't establish a connection.

Is there a way to reset (besides unplugging) the PLM or to do some other troubleshooting?

Thanks

Comment

there are event actions to disable and enable the interface. have you tried these?

there is also a reset interface action, but this only works if the plugin can communicate with the plm.

you could try a manual factory reset and if the plugin can connect, the use the update interface database (from plugin config page) to rewrite the plm database.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Last option did the trick...did a factory reset, restarted the plug-in and it worked.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kamishki View Post
            Last option did the trick...did a factory reset, restarted the plug-in and it worked.

Thanks
            were you able to reprogram the plm as well?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes...it seemed run to completion with no errors. Is this type of thing indicative of a potential future failure or is this something that we can expect from time to time.

Comment

Yes...it seemed run to completion with no errors. Is this type of thing indicative of a potential future failure or is this something that we can expect from time to time.
                it could be a sign of failure for V1x units.

V2x units are typically more reliable

what hardware version is your PLM? its on a sticker on the unit
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  it could be a sign of failure for V1x units.

V2x units are typically more reliable

what hardware version is your PLM? its on a sticker on the unit

V1B 1318

Comment

V1B 1318
                    yah, keep a log of these failures. it might be an indication that the V1 PLM is failing
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X