View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2018, 01:03 PM
OverSeer

+++

Here have recently been updating older wired PIR's to newer combo PIR's which utilize both IR and Microwave for detection. The prices now are about the same as the older PIRs.

All alarm style detectors are wired with 12VDC (2 wires) and NO/NC sensors (2 wires).

My outdoor Optex sensors utilize NO/NC, night/day and intrustion sensors such that it is 8 wires to them if you want to utilize all of the features.

The response times are quick with these types of sensors which have been standard now for over 20 years.

The term POE relates to "power over ethernet".

This has changed a bit over the years updating now to being able to utilize Gb for POE and higher wattage devices along with switches that can output higher wattage. Way back Cisco devised their own plan for POE and it related mostly to VOIP Cisco telephones and Cisco Wireless Access points. Their standard was modified a bit to what we have today for POE.

IE: here connect my HomeSeer touch tabletop tablets via POE Gb ethernet.

I think too many HS3 users have been bringing power over to wireless with battery Z-Wave detectors. That is not POE. It'll work for not having to replace a battery BUT it will not improve response times due to the nature of the RF beast

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT