X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who posted this video?

very nice, thank you!

if anyone else want to do some demo video of their system do not hesitate to do it, this is the kind of thing I'm not very good at, and that really help to show other users what you can do with this plugin.

yeah that one was me. I didn't post it to the board as I was only really using basic functionality of the plugin.

Comment

Nice video demonstration!

How did you do the weather forecast? Is that something built in, or is it an addtional plug-in? Are there are other siri/cortana/google now cloud based searches that we can perform using VR?

Thanks!

Comment

just used the weatherXML plugin to populate a virtual device with the forecast text, then created an event to TTS when VR command triggered.

Comment

Great video. As a result of this I have now just bought a kinect and am setting up the plugin. The functionally of this is really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
            yeah that one was me. I didn't post it to the board as I was only really using basic functionality of the plugin.
            Is this Kinect connected directly to your HS3 PC or is it running as a remote install?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have a weather script I was going to post - I use it with my Kinect .... I'll get on that after my surgery tomorrow . (Hockey injury .... blah)

Comment

Very Nice, the video really helps. Thanks.

Question:
                My hs3 pro mini-itx machine(dedicated) specs has the following specs.
                Intel Atom D525 Dual Core - 1.68 GHz and 2Gigs Ram.
                No camera's or any other heavy cpu usage devices on the HS machine.

Could this computer be enough to handle voice recognition and speak a few confirmations as seen in the video? These concerns have kept me from using voice recognition.
                Tom
                baby steps...starting again with HS3
                HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Is this Kinect connected directly to your HS3 PC or is it running as a remote install?
                  I've got it running as a remote install. I'm using NSSM to run it as a service.
                  Last edited by ShimmerNZ; January 25, 2015, 03:46 AM.

Comment

would you please explain how to install it as a service?

Comment

sure.

Mulitple ways to do it, but I use some software called NSSM (I'm using version 2.24) which you can download free from here:
                      https://nssm.cc/download

Once done I open up a command prompt then drag and drop the nssm file to the cmd window and add install to the end.

eg.

C:\Users\SomeUserName>C:\Kinect\nssm.exe install

that will open up the GUI service installer

Path: C:\Kinect\HSPI_KINECT.exe
                      Startup Directory: C:\Kinect
                      Arguments: server=10.1.1.95 instance=LivingRoom

change to your server and directory

Service name: Kinect (or whatever you want to call it)

under Details I set mine to Automatic start up. then click Install Service

Comment

Working...
                      X