This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chasers03 View Post
    Rob I have no computer programs either on the Imac or my pc related to the HS3. I work with the HS web control (http://192.168.1.117/deviceutility) but you are saying that log is not what you want. I have done a search of this PC for Program Files/HomeSeer HS3\Logs\HAI.log nothing comes up.

Where am I going a stray?

BTW I thought the problem of no web control went away after reloading but now it is back and this time the controller is neither receiving nor providing HS a status.
    Yeah, I need to supply a better way to retrieve logs from the Zee. Let me put something together for the next release.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
      ok..the log just shows this

3/12/2017 4:53:24 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Connection Reset By Peer]
      3/12/2017 4:53:27 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Retrying]
      3/12/2017 4:53:27 AM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Disconnected]

and there are no more entries to the log after this (I checked the log around 6.30AM).

Any ideas?
      I think that connection problem is what I am experiencing also. Wish I knew how to get into the logs to share with Mason? No programs on my Mac nor Pc and only see the log under the Web View tab which mason says is not the log for the plug in?
      There were no changes in the version for connection issues.
      That said, there was a change to pull the system status every 15 seconds. I guess it is possible that it is busy getting the system status, that it could be causing a timeout - I havent seen it here running on Linux or Windows.

You can bump this value up to say 90 seconds or so to see if that helps.
      add or change the HAI.ini file setting to:
      systemstatustimer=90

Comment

Rob I have no computer programs either on the Imac or my pc related to the HS3. I work with the HS web control (http://192.168.1.117/deviceutility) but you are saying that log is not what you want. I have done a search of this PC for Program Files/HomeSeer HS3\Logs\HAI.log nothing comes up.

Where am I going a stray?

BTW I thought the problem of no web control went away after reloading but now it is back and this time the controller is neither receiving nor providing HS a status.
        HS runs on your Zee, not your PC unless you are running a Windows version of HS. So, the logs are on your Zee - not your imac nor your PC. The logs 'live' wherever HS is running.

So, to access your logs, you will need to google and download WinSCP. It is a utility for accessing Linux/Unix servers with a drag-and-drop interface. You will run this, enter the IP address of your Zee and the username/password - usually homeseer/hsthsths3 but the password could be different depending if you changed it when setting up the Zee. Once opened, you can go to the /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs folder and you should see HAI.log.

Alternatively, you can build an event like I showed in the sticky to send me the logs.

Comment

ok i added that setting as it wasn't in the hai.log and I set it to 90 seconds.

Perhaps you can block access to your panel for a few minutes and see if it automatically reconnects. I'm guessing most people don't get disconnects between the panel and HS that often.

This always worked flawlessly with every previous version. I left it many hours and it never corrected itself.

Comment

ok i added that setting as it wasn't in the hai.log and I set it to 90 seconds.

Perhaps you can block access to your panel for a few minutes and see if it automatically reconnects. I'm guessing most people don't get disconnects between the panel and HS that often.

This always worked flawlessly with every previous version. I left it many hours and it never corrected itself.
            Thanks - let me know. That was a rather small change and I'm curious if something is 'blocking' causing it to drop connection.

Comment

No difference after adding that setting.

I lost connection two hours ago for a few minutes and it never reconnected. I have to still restart the whole plugin

Comment

Curious whether you are seeing Omni Pro time going off or serial com issues?

Serial com issues would be seen on a serially connected OmniStat or Omnitouch 5.7 serial screens.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

Was that in response to me or someone else?

There is no problem at the panel end so my OmniStats are fine. The problem is just on the HS end (which has the disconnection)

M

Comment

No difference after adding that setting.

I lost connection two hours ago for a few minutes and it never reconnected. I have to still restart the whole plugin
                    Thanks. Roll back to the prior version and verify that it no longer disconnects and I'll get a fix out ASAP.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Rolled back to .21 and did a test..it reconnected fine. I'll let it do its usual overnight automated thing either tonight or tomorrow and report back just to be 100% sure

Comment

Rolled back to .21 and did a test..it reconnected fine. I'll let it do its usual overnight automated thing either tonight or tomorrow and report back just to be 100% sure
                        Thanks for doing that - I can look at the changes between those 2 versions that could have caused it. I suspect the timer-interval polling of the system status.

Comment

Was that in response to me or someone else?

You.

There is a documented issue relating to too much network traffic hitting the OP2 NIC port which takes the network port down among other issues.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

Yes I have hit that in the past actually when I was writing (poorly writing) some of my own scripts. In this case the panel is fine.

M

Comment

Ahhh...

Yes here it started to happen when I went close to 100 network devices on my home network. VLANs wouldn't help so I am routing the OP2 NIC today (layer 3) through a modded with OpenWRT travel router.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Rob,

Updated HomeSeer today to 3.0.0.313 on Windows - and now the HAI Plugin is crashing before coming online fully. HS keeps trying to restart it to no avail.

The logs show it connecting to the panel fine, syncs up to the panel, updates HomeSeer, and then something is making it crash. Last few lines of the log before it crashes and restarts:

Code:
                                3/19/2017 5:40:23 PM [2]  [Flag [474]  status=[0]  [0]]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:23 PM [2]  [--> Flag 474 changed status.  Updating Homeseer...]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:29 PM [1]  [Synchronization complete.]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:29 PM [1]  [---------------------------]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:29 PM [1]  [Plugin startup is complete.]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:29 PM [1]  [---------------------------]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:29 PM [2]  [Humidity Zone 10 changed status. Reading=[0]]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:29 PM [2]  [Zone [10]  Humidity-->0]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:29 PM [2]  [Temperature Zone 11 changed status. Reading=[0.0]]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:29 PM [2]  [Zone [11]  Temperature-->0]

**  This is when it crashes

3/19/2017 5:40:57 PM [1]  [INIFILE set to: HAI.ini]
                                3/19/2017 5:40:59 PM [2]  [HAI Plugin Thread was started.]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:00 PM [2]  [Initializing Timers...]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:00 PM [2]  [Device initialization is complete.]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:01 PM [2]  [HAC Connection state is: Offline]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:01 PM [2]  [Connecting with: [192.168.71.8] [4369] [TCP]]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:01 PM [2]  [CONNECTION STATUS: Connecting]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:01 PM [2]  [Panel Connected.]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:01 PM [2]  [Identifying Controller...]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:01 PM [2]  [CONTROLLER IS: OmniPro II (4.0B)]
                                3/19/2017 5:41:04 PM [1]  [-->Reading configuration...]
                                3/19/2017 5:42:17 PM [1]  [-->Reading properties...]
                                3/19/2017 5:42:20 PM [2]  [MapZoneStatus_V2: zoneId=[1] status=[1] zoneChanged=[False] annotation=[Z1] statusText=[NOT READY] zoneType=[64] zoneTypeText=[Auxiliary] name=[Sprink Actv] area=[1] analogLoop=[253] isNamed=[True] lastStatus=[0] lastStatusText=[] statusLastChangeDate=[3/19/2017 5:42:20 PM] isSecurityZone=[False] isArmingZone=[False] hsDeviceRef=[0] hsParentRef=[0] temperature=[0] humidity=[0] currentCondition=[0] currentStatusText=[NOT READY] hsZoneStatus=[0]]
                                3/19/2017 5:42:20 PM [1]  [All configuration and properties retrieved.]
                                Any insights? I can provide more details if needed of course....

Comment

Working...
                                X