Harmony hub extender for zwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    Just to clarify. When the hub is added to the zwave network I can control any lights or devices on my network? But although Homeseer sees it I can't have it talk to Homeseer - such as trigger an event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is how it is working for me. I think you could add a cheap binary switch that is not used for anything to the network if you wanted to trigger an event. I have an old GE plug in lamp module that would do nicely. You could add that device to the harmony activity and HS should see the device change, triggering the event.

Comment

Interesting idea. I could also read the dim level and use it to trigger different events based on that. I only want to trigger a few things from the remote.

Comment

If you have not seen the elite yet, the bottom section has 4 hard buttons and a dimming rocker for devices.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just to clarify. When the hub is added to the zwave network I can control any lights or devices on my network? But although Homeseer sees it I can't have it talk to Homeseer - such as trigger an event?
          What about the other way around... can homeseer trigger the hub to dispatch IR commands without using the remote? I'm looking at getting a new samsung TV, and from what I've been reading, you can't power on a sammy from ethernet, and rather, you have to power it on with IR, then use ethernet to automate it.

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
            What about the other way around... can homeseer trigger the hub to dispatch IR commands without using the remote? I'm looking at getting a new samsung TV, and from what I've been reading, you can't power on a sammy from ethernet, and rather, you have to power it on with IR, then use ethernet to automate it.
            This is possible with the Harmony Hub plugin. I currently use it to power off my projector if it hasn't turned off after I press "Off" on my Harmony remote.

Comment

Can events/devices be run when one of those 4 hardbuttons are pressed on the Elite ?

I don't have Z-Wave, but I do have PlugWise. Would be cool if I can control lights/events with those buttons. That might pull me to actually by one.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                Can events/devices be run when one of those 4 hardbuttons are pressed on the Elite ?

I don't have Z-Wave, but I do have PlugWise. Would be cool if I can control lights/events with those buttons. That might pull me to actually by one.
                I'm not entirely sure. I just have the Harmony Ultimate. You should ask the plugin developer if there is plan to support the Elite.

Comment

Has anyone else been able to get this connected? I've tried multiple way to get the Hub Extender added to my network but it just sits there.

Comment

Comment

OK, so just to get this straight before I order one. With this device I can import my devices from Homeseer and then issue commands from the Mobile App to control my devices. But as of now I CANNOT add device controls to Activities or Macros correct?

I ask because of what I do right now which is to use an IR repeater to throw IR signals into my closet where I have a USB-UIRT that catches those signals and triggers HS devices or events that I have tied to those signals.

Here are the examples:

Power on Media Room, turns all of my equipment on, dim lights to 50%, waits 94 seconds (Projector warmup time), turn lights all the way off.

Pause - Send Pause command, send IR signal that HS uses to bring lights up to 25%

Play - Send Play command, send IR signal that HS uses to turn lights back off

If I can move some of these things into Harmony using the Hub then it would simplify my environment, which as we all know generally raises reliability and WAF.

Comment

You can send Home Control commands from either your Harmony remote, or using the Harmony app .... just select Devices and choose which LIGHT/PLUG you want to target the command for, you can also setup groups and send commands to groups....

You can also add Home Control commands to your Activities .... but there are some limitations, you provide 2 device states:
                        1) State (ie. OFF or ON) that the device should be in when the Activity is started, and
                        2) State the device should be in when the Activity ends...
                        so whatever state you decide for 1) above will be in place for the duration of the Activity (ie. until another Activity is started, or, a remote POWER OFF).

Note, you can only add the Home Control commands to an Activity using the Harmony mobile app, you cannot do this using the PC based Harmony software.

Comment

I managed to get mine working also. Moved the hub next to my z-net controller for initial pairing. Works well so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you using the Hub with the Harmony Elite remote? Thanks.

Comment

Are you using the Hub with the Harmony Elite remote? Thanks.

Yes I am. I added it as a secondary controller. I also use the hub with the mobile app

Sent from my iP

Comment

I finally got around to ordering mine. I tried performing an add under HS2 but got nothing using my Z-troller. I also tried adding some of my leviton wall switches but that didn't work either. I haven't played with it much but I am assuming it should be relatively easy?

Comment

Working...
                                X