X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen timer script

Hi,

Considering a previous topic ( http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=hstouch+timer ),
    I decided to have a nice and easy kitchen timer for HSTouch of my own.
    It is working so smooth here that I decided I could share it.
    Included, you will find a script (kitchen timer.vb) and a HST project (e-maison-timers.xml)

This was only tested in my environment for the present, you comments are welcome.

In the same included HST project you will also find a very simple timer that takes advantage of http://e.ggtimer.com/ and needs no script install.

See the readme file for installation instructions.

Have fun
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pierre; December 17, 2012, 04:00 PM. Reason: wow new version !
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

OK, I can pull up your file in HSTouch, but how do combine this into my existing HSTouch program?

I tried pulling up a duplicate copy of designer but it will not allow me to simply copy the entire file and paste it into my existing file. I then tried to copy the four parts on the page into a new screen. That came up but the program did not work.

So I am back to my original question of combining this screen into my existing HSTouch program? Your other instructions were great on how to bring this up into HSTouch but being green and programing HSTouch I am lost at how to combine your great timer into my existing HSTouch program. HA! - Gary

Comment

Gary,

This has been discussed allover the board and there is no good easy way to do that, but it won't be difficult and will be a good experiment for your HStouch skills:

For beter copy, the screen was splitted in four groups that you achieved to copy in a new screen of your own project. Now you will have to re-associate the labels of this new screen to your own devices.
      Just check under status-devices association/StatusTrackerNormal of the digits, end-time, secs left and time-left and associate it with your devices.

Comment

Thanks I will give it the ole college try! Gary

Comment

Big Thank You - I have most of it running as I think it should be running, however, I have not figured out how to associate "end-time." I looked at the script and it seems the total time equals "eventtime or ev."

Also I associated the Progress Bar with V96 or "Kitchen time running indicator" and it turns Green while the timer is running and then turns grey when it turns off and the timer announces that the timer has ended. Is it suppose to do anything else?

Thank You for helping me learn some new things. I still need to complete the project can you give me some more tips on how to fix the end-time? Thanks Gary

Comment

Gary,

The "end-time" must be associated with "Kitchen timer running indicator", and use status text
            The green/grey progress bar must be associated with Kitchen timer running indicator, and use value. It should be green when timer is running, that's all. The running-indicator could be more fun using images (animated...), but the purpose was to have an easy to install set that could be customised by user afterwards.
            I will edit the first post of this thread and write a readme file with instructions.
            Last edited by Pierre; September 25, 2012, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I just edited the screen template so that the progress bar will show the last 10 minutes of the timer running.
              If you have downloaded a previous version, just set the progress bar settings Max to 600.

In the same included HST project you will also find a very simple timer that takes advantage of http://e.ggtimer.com/ and needs no script install.
              Last edited by Pierre; September 25, 2012, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks Pierre! Works Great! It is a great addition to my HSTouch!! Thanks for sharing your programming skills with us. Gary

Comment

Im quite new to Homeseer, so this may be a stupid question, but what kind of device should the devices be? Virtual? Status Only?

I cant get it to work..

Comment

TommyTott,
                    I think the devices could be any kind, mine are "virtual".
                    Let me know what does not work, this should be "easy to install" .....

Comment

Cool idea! Thanks!

I just installed your kitchen timer and I think it's cool! I've now got another tool to add to my kitchen HST client when I get around to doing that project.

The egg timer works great, but I did have a couple of questions about the Kitchen timer screen (I've been testing this with the Tools>Run Windows Client options right from inside HST Designer):

- The Seconds Left always shows 0

- The End time always shows Text.

- When I look at the devices for the kitchen timer hours, mins, and secs the values never shows up. I created them as Status only devices, but also tried Virtual and Interface variable and it didn't make any difference. I looked at them while the timer is running, while the timer was set but stopped after running, and when the timer was set but before starting it and the status always says Unknown. The device for Kitchen timer running indicator seems to show a value when it's running and resets to --:--:-- when cleared.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
                      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

spknapp,
                        Did you check the StatusTrackingnormal in HST designer for the hours,minutes and seconds ?

Comment

That helped

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                          spknapp,
                          Did you check the StatusTrackingnormal in HST designer for the hours,minutes and seconds ?
                          Pierre - thanks for the reply. With that information I was able to fix the display of the hours, minutes, seconds, and end time on the kitchen timer screen. But on the HS devices screen the hours, minutes, and seconds still show just "On". I've still got something wrong there?

Also, the "Seconds left" field and the "Last 10 minutes" progress bar never change and I can't figure out what to associate those with to get them to display properly?

Sorry for the newbie-type questions. I've not worked with HSTouch Designer very much at all so I'm basically treading in virgin territory here. I appreciate your patience and information regarding helping me to get this to work properly for me.

Thanks
                          Steve

Comment

spknapp,

Don't you worry about your skills in HSTouch, it is far from an easy tool for end-user.
                            It lacks also the ability to share things between users, that was the great part of HomeSeer when I started, and I think made its success.

Associated with Homeseer that does not have out-of-the-box timers, and to my poor self-educated programming skills with vb.net, this makes this project a real challenge.
                            I am sure that some other great programmers could do a better job for this, but I am happy they do not, and that they concentrate on great free-plugins that homeseer needs to stay attractive.

So we will have to go through this together, and I am sure we will succeed.

on the HS devices screen the hours, minutes, and seconds still show just "On"
                            I just never checked the HS device screen for these device, so they where not updated !
                            A new version (that is how us, pseudo-programmers, we call a dirty fix) is included in the zip file of the first post, just replace the kitchen timer.vb in your script directory.

the "Seconds left" field and the "Last 10 minutes" progress bar never change and I can't figure out what to associate those with to get them to display properly
                            Please double-check the readme file (also updated)
                            -The progress bar must be associated to "Kitchen timer running indicator" and use value
                            -The end-time must be associated to "Kitchen timer running indicator" and use status text
                            -The Secs-left must be associated to " Kitchen timer running indicator" and use value

I hope this helps, let me know

Comment

Getting excited now!

Pierre -
                              ... I just never checked the HS device screen for these device, so they where not updated !
                              A new version (that is how us, pseudo-programmers, we call a dirty fix) is included in the zip file of the first post, just replace the kitchen timer.vb in your script directory.
                              That fixed the display of these devices. Now you need to reset these to 0 if you press the Clear button.
                              ... Please double-check the readme file (also updated)
                              -The progress bar must be associated to "Kitchen timer running indicator" and use value
                              -The end-time must be associated to "Kitchen timer running indicator" and use status text
                              -The Secs-left must be associated to " Kitchen timer running indicator" and use value
                              That was the missing piece.

That last change to reset the devices on a clear and I think it will be perfect(at least for my purposes).

Thanks for your work on this.
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X