This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Insteon Hub is Scheduled to Receive Updates

Be on the lookout for an email from noreply@insteon.com titled "Your Insteon Hub is Scheduled to Receive Updates".

Oh boy, I can hardly wait, the last few updates caused all kinds of opportunities with my Insteon stability, before the 2013 on December 18, 2017, my system was believe it or not rock solid... I wish there was a way to decline these updates...

Mark, this in no way is a hit on your product, you have done a wonderful job maintaining and supporting a plugin that interfaces with a hub that has a changing landscape. I certainly appreciate all your work, feedback and help. I only wanted to bring visibility to the hub update that is scheduled for today... was not real sure where to post this information.

This is what the email said....

The next Insteon Hub update is ready to make its way to you. Updates will be getting rolled out this week starting tonight, Tuesday 4/3.

This version of the Insteon Hub firmware fixes an issue where, for some users, the Hub goes offline momentarily (Hub beeps and its front LED turns red). In addition, this update improves the overall stability of the Hub. This information as well as previous updates can be found on the release notes page.

Your hub will automatically install the update between 2:00AM and 5:00AM local time during the roll-out period and will take approximately five minutes to install. During the update you will be unable to use the Insteon app or any third-party integrations such as Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant. In addition, any configured schedules will not run during the update.

The new firmware version: Hub Version: 1015

Insteon Hub Release Notes link: https://www.insteon.com/support-know...-release-notes
    Billy

thanks for posting. please reply if you see any issues after the update.

My only concern with these updates is if smarthome cuts off/breaks the http interface i use to control the hub.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon Hub update 1015 (April 2nd) so far hasn't caused any issue for me.

Comment

Hub Firmware 1015 problems

Hi all - I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon this thread. I have an Insteon Hub (x222) that just updated to firmware 1015 and now the hub is broken. It doesn't communicate with the network for more than about 5 minutes, then becomes inaccessible. It's LED light is green, but initiating a diagnostic test (press the button 2x, wait one second, press again) does nothing - no beeps. The thing just sits there, LED green. A network reset attempt (3 quick presses of the button) similarly does nothing. The LED remains green, indicating it's communicating with the network but, in fact, it isn't. I have to power cycle the hub (unplug, wait, plug it in again) to access it - but that'll work for only a few minutes. Then it's inaccessible again. Insteon has me waiting for several days already while it's Level 2 folks assess the situation. Anyone having or heard of anyone having these issues?

Comment

Originally posted by LSR View Post
          Hi all - I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon this thread. I have an Insteon Hub (x222) that just updated to firmware 1015 and now the hub is broken. It doesn't communicate with the network for more than about 5 minutes, then becomes inaccessible. It's LED light is green, but initiating a diagnostic test (press the button 2x, wait one second, press again) does nothing - no beeps. The thing just sits there, LED green. A network reset attempt (3 quick presses of the button) similarly does nothing. The LED remains green, indicating it's communicating with the network but, in fact, it isn't. I have to power cycle the hub (unplug, wait, plug it in again) to access it - but that'll work for only a few minutes. Then it's inaccessible again. Insteon has me waiting for several days already while it's Level 2 folks assess the situation. Anyone having or heard of anyone having these issues?
          if the plugin can connect to the hub, can you run the 'reset and reprogram' from the config page and see if that helps. this will run a full reset and regenerate the database
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by LSR View Post
            Have you tried the diagnostics (User manual p. 24)?

If all else fails, try a factory reset (User manual p. 26) then do a 'reset and reprogram' from the plugin, assuming you can now communicate with the Hub.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              thanks for posting. please reply if you see any issues after the update.

My only concern with these updates is if smarthome cuts off/breaks the http interface i use to control the hub.
              Not a problem Mark... I wish that I had something good to post.

These are my hub INSTEON HUB2 details: Hub2-V04-20140904, PLM Version:A3 with Firmware:1015 Build Apr 2 2018 13:27:42

The hub seems to work fine for a period of time, then for no reason that I can detect, the plugin loses connection and has to be restarted. Once the plugin is restarted, I am good for some period of time until things go south again, could be a few hours or a week or so... I am running verison 3.0.6.30 of the plugin, it has been stable and working with no problem until Smarthome started (what I call) tinkering with a good thing in December of 2017. Now it is hit or miss... Not sure what to try at this point.
              Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                Not a problem Mark... I wish that I had something good to post.

These are my hub INSTEON HUB2 details: Hub2-V04-20140904, PLM Version:A3 with Firmware:1015 Build Apr 2 2018 13:27:42

The hub seems to work fine for a period of time, then for no reason that I can detect, the plugin loses connection and has to be restarted. Once the plugin is restarted, I am good for some period of time until things go south again, could be a few hours or a week or so... I am running verison 3.0.6.30 of the plugin, it has been stable and working with no problem until Smarthome started (what I call) tinkering with a good thing in December of 2017. Now it is hit or miss... Not sure what to try at this point.
                have you tried a reset and reprogram?

they didn't change the PLM version (still showing A3), which is good.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

If you continue to have problems using the hub, you might want to consider a 2413s or 2413u. They can be had on ebay for reasonable money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Insteon-241...1/222471140992

Comment

short of registering my hub with insteon, is there a way to get the updates, and install them myself?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All,
                      i posted beta 3.0.6.34 which includes a small improvement to the buffer processing for the Hub 2
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X