Special Tag source= not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Tag source= not working

After finally seeing how to work BLSpeech and BLRussound, I setup a test event (below). When the back door closes, the kitchen speakers come on and speak something.

In my setup, my Russound ST2 tuner (XM) is input/source 1. AM/FM is input/source 2 and my speech is input/source 3.

My event uses the special tags to set the priority, set the speaker (and turn it off at the end), set the volume and set the source.

When it runs, the priority, speaker and volume all work. However the source does not. The speaker comes on at the last source used. The BLSpeech directions say to use source=<number of source you want>, in my case 3.

Does anyone have this working? I also tried it with source=speech (which is the name of my source.

------------------- Log ----------------------
    Sep-09 18:06:13 TTS Speak: (SPEAKEFAULT):Welcome home. It is currently 6:06 PM
    Sep-09 18:06:13 EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO Z02 Back Doors status change: Closed
    Sep-09 18:06:13 Event Event Trigger "Announcements Greeting when Back Door Opens/Closes"
    -----------------------------------------------

I also have the debug logs for both Russound and Speech.

For grins I removed the |off from the speaker, and tried again. This time it worked, but it did not turn off the speaker.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jobee; September 9, 2016, 06:28 PM.
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Ok, so I'll tell you How I have it set up. I never use the "source" tag (never had to). in the first image below you'll see my settings for BLSpeech for the BLRussound section. Also look at the section below. Once these are set, you don't "need" to use the source tag. As a matter of fact if you set the default speaker or zone, you don't need the speaker tag either.

Also note that "Russound Zones Return to Original State After Speaking" is checked. This is great. So if I'm listening to music in the master bathroom, it will change zones, speak, then return to my original source (and volume). If it is off, it will turn on the zone to the correct source, then turn it off after speaking, making sure to return it to the previous source as well. I never intentionally set any of my zones to "House" (which is the same as your Speech one).

Final note, I never set the default volume. I assume if I don't set it and don't set it in the tag, it will use whatever volume it was already at (or the turn-on volume for that zone). I think I always use the volume tag though.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I have the Russound integration boxes checked, so good there.

I have various exit points so I cannot set a default speaker or zone, so I left that in the tags.

I did use the default speech source and removed that special tag.

So my speech text now just has:

{priority=high,speaker=Living Room,volume=50,} Welcome home. It is currently $$time

Now it sets the correct source, completes the speech and returns to the pre-speech source and volume. I like this so if I do have the music on, it does the speech and then returns to what was happening.

Thanks for your help.
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
        Thanks for the input.

I have the Russound integration boxes checked, so good there.

I have various exit points so I cannot set a default speaker or zone, so I left that in the tags.

I did use the default speech source and removed that special tag.

So my speech text now just has:

{priority=high,speaker=Living Room,volume=50,} Welcome home. It is currently $$time

Now it sets the correct source, completes the speech and returns to the pre-speech source and volume. I like this so if I do have the music on, it does the speech and then returns to what was happening.

Thanks for your help.
        No problem! Always glad to help when I can

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been working with this on and off today. If the Russound is already on and on XM and a speech needs to happen, it does everything correct. It flips to source 3, does the speech at volume 50 and then goes back to XM at the volume it was at. Happy with this part.

But when the Russound is off and a trigger happens, it turns the correct speaker on, sets the speech volume and source and does the speech. This is where the problem then happens. If the Russound was on source 1 but off, when it finishes speaking, it sometimes leaves the source on speech (does not set it back). Also (and the most troubling) is that it seems to turn the power off but the keypad screen stays on (see picture below). This screen part happens every time. The only way to get the keypad to fully shut down is to turn it on again and turn it off.
          Attached Files

Comment

This is a bug. Try to capture debug logs for both BLSpeech and BLRussound when it happens and get them to Blade.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Got the logs... of course they are large.

Blade - let me know where to send the zip file.

Michael

Comment

Got the logs... of course they are large.

Blade - let me know where to send the zip file.

Michael
                Go to his help desk (link in his signature) open a ticket, describe the issue and then attach the logs zipped up.

Comment

Ticket 969 created and logs uploaded. I thought you said it was a known bug so I hope I did not confuse things by opening a new ticket.

Michael

Comment

OK I will try and duplicate this here now that I have some zones hooked up to my CAV66
                    I only have 1 source right now
                    Bear with me on this - I am still trying to get back to normal after the move to the new house
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Ticket 969 created and logs uploaded. I thought you said it was a known bug so I hope I did not confuse things by opening a new ticket.

Michael
                      It is a known bug but because it's intermittent I've had a hard time logging it. I'm glad you were able to catch it.

Comment

I will be adding more zones and sources this week so I am aiming for trying to duplicate this on the weekend - I do have to do some work this weekend for my job as well but I am hoping to get time because I really want to nail this down
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

I have 7 zones and 3 sources now and I am seeing the same issue with the keypad being left on but plugin thinks it is off
                          Now I can try and figure this one out
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                            I have 7 zones and 3 sources now and I am seeing the same issue with the keypad being left on but plugin thinks it is off
                            Now I can try and figure this one out
                            For the record I have never seen that. I have from time to time seen the source not switch back to where it was originally but the zone always turns off.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                              For the record I have never seen that. I have from time to time seen the source not switch back to where it was originally but the zone always turns off.
                              Can you attach your hspi_BLSpeech.ini zipped
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X