This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W2C Suddenly stopped working

After a reboot, I'm getting this on startup.
    And naturally, my phones are dead unless I unplug the W2C modem.
    I've just finished reinstalling the W2C driver, same result.
    Also tried reinstalling HS 2.3.0.9

DESPERATE!

12/10/2008 5:16:34 PM - Error - Initializing audio play/record support: Unable to cast COM object of type 'hsrecord2.hsrecordplayClass' to interface type 'hsrecord2._hsrecordplay'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{C9B8687D-F497-4520-98A0-ED20C8634473}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).
    12/10/2008 5:16:34 PM - HSPhone - Error initializing Hi-Phone driver, possible corrupt or missing drivers, or Hi-Phone is not plugged in or powered on.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

does the way2call test out ok with the hiphone icon app? did you look at the way2call website to get the most current drivers? search through the board, bill brower did an excellent write up years ago on how to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. it is VERY particular in what order certain things are done.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Did you try rebooting again to see if this object registers?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Strange error - definitely try the de/re process as outlined by Bill. Is the power light on the W2C? And have you tried reconfiguring the modem in the HS/Setup/Phone?

Comment

In order I think...

The W2C diagnostics passed.
          Did reboot several times.
          Haven't found Bill's dialog.
          Power light is on.

Trying a backup of HS.

Can my day get any worse??

Comment

Everything checks, except that the phones go dead after this error from HS. It's as if HS is half initializing then leaving the modem in some unknown state.
            Backup restore didn't help.
            Last incoming call was about 2 hrs before I restarted HS.

Comment

Here's the thread from Bill:
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ay2call+driver
              You didn't mention if you tried reinstalling the modem under Setup.

Comment

I'm OK.
                I ended up uninstalling HS using the installer. Then, Reinstalled the full verison of 2.3.0.0 and 2.3.0.9 on top. Started and had of course lost my config and plugins etc. Uninstalled again, reinstalled as before but this time, restored my backup to the directory. Restarted and Voila!

Let this stand as a warning however to us all. Let's hope it's an isolated incident but this happened, for no ascertainable reason after a simple and routine restart of HS. Had I not noticed the error on startup, my phones could have been dead for some time.
                I had already logged a Help Desk ticket and I'll add this info to it.

Comment

Thanks for looking that up for me Alconnell. However, I'm nearly certain it was HS that had failed here. In this case, the HiPhone diagnostics worked. It was only HS that had the problem.
                  My day was downhill from the start. Thank the Lord it's almost over.

Comment

Wadenut
                    Now that the dust has settled and you are back online...

I noticed above that all of your phones were down. Are you running your main line into your Way2Call then to all the extensions in your house? I've thought about doing this with the HS PCI Modem so I can grab outgoing calls from any phone in the house.

Can you elaborate on your setup?

Thanks
                    Rob
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

See this thread for info on how to wire your modem.
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...22&postcount=6
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Aw man - that is gold - thanks!!!
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have one cordless base plugged into the modem, with four cordless extentions. That way all of my phones are "controlled".

Comment

I have the same problem and the W2C passes all tests and was working fine until I booted up (I just happened to use the phone prior to rebooting). I've tried numerous backups of HomeSeer, and they all do the same thing now - no phone service to the house unless I unplug and re-plug power to the W2C after HomeSeer boots.

2/7/2009 2:41:19 PM Error Initializing audio play/record support: Unable to cast COM object of type 'hsrecord2.hsrecordplayClass' to interface type 'hsrecord2._hsrecordplay'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{C9B8687D-F497-4520-98A0-ED20C8634473}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).
                            2/7/2009 2:41:19 PM HSPhone Error initializing Hi-Phone driver, possible corrupt or missing drivers, or Hi-Phone is not plugged in or powered on.

Comment

CJ: The first step I'd try is shut down HS2 and do a reinstall or fix from Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs. Then reboot.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X