wired pir motion detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wired pir motion detector

Is there any way of getting a hardwired motion detector (pir) to work with homeseer to trigger events e.g. turning lights on etc?

I have several hardwired pir's going. They are wired to a UPB I/O module but I would think any I/O board that sees a dry contact would work as well, something like a powerflash maybe, it's been awhile since I used much in X10 but I seem to remember they would see a dry contact.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I don't really use my house alarm as it cannot be trusted, so I just wired the PIRs in parallel with the zones (I have one sensor per zone..small place) and would you believe it works a charm. One length of CAT5 later from my alarm, into a Velleman K8055 and you have some PIR inputs. Only slight issue was the inputs were closed when there was no motion and open when there was...some scripting sorted this out.

Have several scripts on my PIR's...basically covering lights turning on/off when I walk in the room.

Comment

Working...
      X