Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather station?

greetings,

i'm going to be in the market for a weather station, and one requirement is that it can interface to homeseer.

what is everyone using? are their plug ins readily available?

thanks!

I am using an Ambient WS-1000-WiFi (now WS-1002-WiFi). We liked this unit because it was relatively inexpensive (~$300) Has its own display and that it posts directly to Weather Underground. With it posting to Weather Underground, Jeff's (CFGuy) WeatherXML and Randy's (ultrajones) UltraWeatherWU3 can create devices using the feed from Weather Underground. It has been running for about two years. The only problems we had was it dropped WiFi from time to time until fixed in a software update a year or so ago. Here are the devices from UltraWeatherWU3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1194634
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Here utilizing a Weather program called Cumulus.

Cumulus can run in Linux or Windows and on the same computer as HS3 (RPi too).

Jon00 wrote a Homeseer Plugin for Cumulus and it works with WeatherXML.

Here utilize a Davis and Fine Offset weather station.

Cumulus supports:

Davis, Oregon Scientific, Fine Offset, La Crosse, ....

Recently been tinkering with a Meteostick.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Using an old Ambient Weather 1080 that has PC connection. Cumulus (not MX) version reads the data and the Jon00Cumulus plugin reads the available parameters. You simply select the ones that are important to you.

My quite old weather station is dying a slow death and although I would like to get a Davis Vantage Pro, I'll probably get another Ambient Weather, can't justify more than a couple hundred dollars as it's just not that important.

Comment

I am probably going to get a WS-1002-WIFI. Currently researching too.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I am using an Ambient WS-1000-WiFi (now WS-1002-WiFi). We liked this unit because it was relatively inexpensive (~$300) Has its own display and that it posts directly to Weather Underground. With it posting to Weather Underground, Jeff's (CFGuy) WeatherXML and Randy's (ultrajones) UltraWeatherWU3 can create devices using the feed from Weather Underground. It has been running for about two years. The only problems we had was it dropped WiFi from time to time until fixed in a software update a year or so ago. Here are the devices from UltraWeatherWU3
            Good Afternoon Randy,
            I bought a PWS (Qubino) around 16-17 months ago... blasted thing is still not supported by the developer and HS3 won't recognize all the devices (thread). So, looking for another solution and came across your post in this thread... however, I'm NOT seeing the model numbers (old/new) on Amazon.

The closest match that I found was WS-2902

Technologies:
            - HS Pro 3
            - Z-Wave
            - Google Home

All,
            Thoughts/Suggestions?

I'm already using UltraWeatherWU3... so I think I'm good on plug-ins.

R/,
            Chad

Comment

I wonder if the one Randy has is now called this one.
              https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weath...70_&dpSrc=srch

I just purchase the 2902 so waiting on it to arrive.

I did find the one Randy is talking about. It looks a lot like the one above.
              https://www.ambientweather.com/amws1000wifi.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cheat View Post
                Good Afternoon Randy,
                I bought a PWS (Qubino) around 16-17 months ago... blasted thing is still not supported by the developer and HS3 won't recognize all the devices (thread). So, looking for another solution and came across your post in this thread... however, I'm NOT seeing the model numbers (old/new) on Amazon.

The closest match that I found was WS-2902

Technologies:
                - HS Pro 3
                - Z-Wave
                - Google Home

All,
                Thoughts/Suggestions?

I'm already using UltraWeatherWU3... so I think I'm good on plug-ins.

R/,
                Chad
                My WS-1000-WiFi was replaced by the WS-1002-WiFi, but it appears to be out of stock. The others are similar, but the WS-1002-WiFi has WiFi connectivity and a dedicated display. The units without a display still post to WU and are much less expensive. My wife wanted the display.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  My WS-1000-WiFi was replaced by the WS-1002-WiFi, but it appears to be out of stock. The others are similar, but the WS-1002-WiFi has WiFi connectivity and a dedicated display. The units without a display still post to WU and are much less expensive. My wife wanted the display.
                  That is the reason I purchased the WS-2902 because it has the wifi connection also. It looks pretty good and has 10 sensors. It is also more in my price range.

Comment

Working...
                  X