This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jimbell

Are you using the API sketch or the standard sketch?

Comment

Integrate DHT11 Temperature Humidity Sensor standard sketch

Hi Greg,
      Would it be possible to integrate the DHT11 in the standard sketch? I have several boards with this sensor on it. I do not remember now but I had to use the custom sketch to integrate this DHT11 sensor to the board NodeMCU. Since I was successfully integrating the LCD display with this board, it would be great to gather the value from the DHT11 sensor as well. This feature would be fantastic. By the way, I was impressed by the ability to easily use events to send notifications on the LCD, great job.

Thanks,
      Aldo

Comment

Small bug if with latest beta 142 (i think it's been there since before 103 as the only reason i figured it out was i remembered i had to do it last time i updated)
        it only for the few of us that use a USB Connection
        in the arduino code for serial boards
        the first time you list Serial.begin(9600); where 9600 is the value it takes from the config page but the second time you list Serial.begin(115200); where its hard coded to 115200 so it won't connect unless you happen to have selected 115200 as your baud rate for the board in the config

Comment

Neopixel

Would it be possible to implement neopixel control? This is a rally easy way to get some rgb lighting

Comment

Nodemcu

how about upto 6 servo's to work on a nodemcu for window blinds control

Comment

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
              I just automated some motorised blinds I have. I ripped apart the remote control and wired an 8 relay board to simulate button pressing. I can now raise and lower the blinds depending on events.....works magic :-)

Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

You can do this with the API if you want to. Should be quite easy to set up on it.

Greig

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                  You can do this with the API if you want to. Should be quite easy to set up on it.

Greig

that would be great but you can't control any servo from this plug in at all!

Comment

that would be great but you can't control any servo from this plug in at all!
                    I have see you know how to program in the Arduino IDE and have code for the NodeMCU to control servos so why can you not control them from the plugin API?

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                      I have see you know how to program in the Arduino IDE and have code for the NodeMCU to control servos so why can you not control them from the plugin API?

yes, i guess i could fix your code, i thought you had it figured out..

Comment

yes, i guess i could fix your code, i thought you had it figured out..
                        Well, I don't think that's fair....

I am not asking you to fix anything, I thought that you wanted to use a servo with the NodeMCU and this is not yet supported by the plugin so the API is the only way for you to go.
                        I have just looked through the forum and see you say you can not get a servo to work on the mega ether so this is a problem that I need to look at as I have not used a servo with the plugin for a long time but I know some other users do. I do not have my test system up at the moment but as soon as I do I will look at the servo code for you.

Greig.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

@drmcp

So you want to control 6 blinds from one nodeMCU. Have you considered an architecture that puts a nodeMCU at each blind using wifi connectivity? Just on the surface, that seems like what I would design.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                            @drmcp

So you want to control 6 blinds from one nodeMCU. Have you considered an architecture that puts a nodeMCU at each blind using wifi connectivity? Just on the surface, that seems like what I would design.
                            I am for the rest of the house, but in my office that use to be sun room i have 6 windows that i can get servo wire run and hidden to one corner to a single nodemcu on my desk.

I have it working with one nodemcu using wemos via Alexa and voice commands, but i wanted it to go thru Homeseer so I can use rules, timed events as well as temp, photo sensors from Homeseer via your plugin on a arduino and still use Alexa to open and close on command.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by drmcp; January 14, 2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

DHT22 support?

Hi Greig,
                              Any chance you could add support for DHT22 temp sensors without having to use the API?
                              I plan to put temp/humidity sensors throughout my home and I'm keen to keep all components as stock standard as possible. I'll have many arduino boards and want to avoid having a different sketch for each one.
                              Thanks!
                              (Also very open to other suggestions for the simplest way to put wired humidity and temp sensors everywhere.)

Comment

nodeMCU

It would be pure dead brilliant to have the lonely analog input and one-wire interface working on the nodeMCU's. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X