X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
    Where is your it100? .
    The building is not complete yet, but I had been thinking the IT100 would go into the DSC alarm panel enclosure. I had never thought of putting the module with/near my HS controller. Thanks for this tip!

The DSC specs along for quite long connections (100') on the keybus which is a simple 4 wire connection on cheap alarm cable. I run it to a little box with the it100 in and a short serial cable from that to my PC.
    This is a really simple / low-cost solution. I like it a lot.

That said, given how poorly supported the official plugin is I would consider paying someone else for a better one but you run the risk of it becoming unsupported in future. It is frankly shocking how poorly supported the official plugin is.
    And this is really good insight. The kind of insight which could convince me to switch to the EnvisaLink product!

Thanks Mack1979.

Comment

DSC INTERFACE

Im planning to install an 18-32 dsc with IT100 interface . Being as the panel is about 60ft from the computer can I use a global cache serial device and how do I interface. What is the max length a serial cable can be?

Comment

Do what Mack said (and what I do). Mount your IT-100 with your Homeseer server (on a 12" USB to serial converter) and connect to DSC via the 4 wire keybus. There is no need for the IT-100 to be with the rest of the panel. I actually have my expasion nodes mounted outside the main DSC panel also to reduce total wire length.

Comment

Good idea. FYI - We routinely run 200ft serial cables at work with no issues.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by juthale View Post
            ... my alarm panel will be about 30' away from my HS controller, in a separate room. I know the IT-100 module has a RS-232 interface. How are people connecting this into their controller? Can I convert from RS-232 directly to CAT 5 and run it into my network switch?
            Yes, you can run RS232 directly over CAT 5. There are DB9 to RJ45 adapters available from Digikey available for that purpose. The IT-100 developer guide lists the default baud rate at 9600 and conveniently lists the maximum distance for that rate at 98'. (They also list cable capacitance but Cat5e meets the requirements.) However, if you are running next to power cable, or other noisy cabling, you could pick up some noise over that distance which could make the link intermittent (e.g. when power loads nearby switch off and on). You can minimize this by running STP - shielded Cat 5.

My preference however (which is a bit more on the expensive side) is to run Moxa boxes (http://www.moxa.com/product/NPort_5100A.htm) to run it over Ethernet. This gives you a robust and flexible solution. You only need a single unit on the far end and a driver on your host machine will allow you to map the remote COM port to a virtual one on your local machine. There are alternatives to Moxa but my experience with their product is very good.

I've also heard of 3rd party interfaces that you can purchase for the DSC system that provide a native Ethernet interface - but I haven't tested them personally. (Note that the T-Link TL250 does not do what you want. I've tried.)

Regards, Gear

Comment

dsc page not connecting

I tried to connect to DSC config page I received this message at the top of the blank screen

Error in BuildPage Conversion from string "HSENC2tEg8OPKKtnSRI2/NvZDsGA==" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

What's happening

Comment

What version are you running
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

dsc page not connecting

I'm running 30047. I did get the page back by deleting the confg file in the program. This brought me a new setup file which I filled out. the problem I'm having now is that it is not communicating . I checked the config file and it appears to be in order. I have rebooted the machine and the plugin a number of times . it still doesn't seem to respond

1832 board
                  it100 interface
                  plugin HS 30047

Comment

Does the DSC plugin support the DSC Touch SCW9067? http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=Produ...vent=DSC-Touch

This is a Zwave device, so I'm wondering what support it has in HS3 with or without the DSC plugin?

Thanks.

Comment

Anybody have a guess? It seems like a nice panel. I'd also like to have an idea whether I can talk to it without having to buy one first.

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
                      Does the DSC plugin support the DSC Touch SCW9067? http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=Produ...vent=DSC-Touch

This is a Zwave device, so I'm wondering what support it has in HS3 with or without the DSC plugin?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandar View Post
                        Anybody have a guess? It seems like a nice panel. I'd also like to have an idea whether I can talk to it without having to buy one first.
                        My guess is that it doesn't. It's intended as a combo HA and security panel. You may be able to use it as a secondary zwave controller, but I doubt that the security portion would integrate. Of course, the only way to know for sure is for someone to try it.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

IT-100 vs Envisalink

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          I believe some users are using a serial to IP converter like the Global Cache one.

Alternatively, you could use the EnvisaLink board instead of the IT-100, which is IP based. In this case you would need the EnvisaLink DSC plugin
                          Does the EnvisaLink communicate directly with the hometroller like the IT-100 does or does the EnvisaLink send it out to a website and the hometroller gets it's updates from the website?
                          Just wondering if the IT-100 would be more secure in case of an issue where my internet goes down and events stop triggering.
                          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                          Plugin's:
                          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                            Does the EnvisaLink communicate directly with the hometroller like the IT-100 does or does the EnvisaLink send it out to a website and the hometroller gets it's updates from the website?
                            Just wondering if the IT-100 would be more secure in case of an issue where my internet goes down and events stop triggering.
                            the envisalink API is all local, no cloud connectivity needed, so it is like the IT-100 except that it uses a TCP connection rather than serial.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              the envisalink API is all local, no cloud connectivity needed, so it is like the IT-100 except that it uses a TCP connection rather than serial.

Great! Is your plugin comparable with EVL-4?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                                Great! Is your plugin comparable with EVL-4?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                yes the EnvisaLink plugin is compatible with EVL-4

Comment

Working...
                                X