Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    Good deal. Thanks!

When mine was working, I had 16 functions operational (single press and double press). It even passed the wife test (who now says - when are you going to fix that switch thingee LOL).
    It should have 32 functions, 4 for each switch.
    • Press and hold
    • Key Released
    • Single press
    • Double press
    The Key Released function has limited use,
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Good deal. Thanks!

When mine was working, I had 16 functions operational (single press and double press). It even passed the wife test (who now says - when are you going to fix that switch thingee LOL).
      Rich just posted 3.0.1.147 which should fix this. I will test it when I get my remote back. If you want to test it, Rich would like to verify it is including properly.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Rich just posted 3.0.1.147 which should fix this. I will test it when I get my remote back. If you want to test it, Rich would like to verify it is including properly.
        I will test this tonight when I get home from work. Thank you!

Comment

Worked like a charm. Installed the updated plug-in and was able to get the Remotec working without issue. Thanks again!

Comment

Worked like a charm. Installed the updated plug-in and was able to get the Remotec working without issue. Thanks again!

Comment

Comment

A little more detail on this. On mine I have to press any key to wake it up, then when the blue LED is flashing rapidly, a command can be sent. If another key is pressed while the LED is flashing rapidly it will send each of the commands. The command sent is confirmed by two flashes of the LED. If a key is not pressed during the time the LED is flashing rapidly, the whole process must e started over. It will not send any command at all unless it is "awakened" first with a button press. The first press of a button when the device is asleep only sends a battery level report. This behavior makes the device almost useless. Can anyone else with one of these confirm that this behavior is normal or if something is wrong with mine?
                Last edited by randy; October 8, 2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

A little more detail on this. On mine I have to press any key to wake it up, then when the blue LED is flashing rapidly, a command can be sent. If another key is pressed while the LED is flashing rapidly it will send each of the commands. The command sent is confirmed by two flashes of the LED. If a key is not pressed during the time the LED is flashing rapidly, the whole process must e started over. It will not send any command at all unless it is "awakened" first with a button press. The first press of a button when the device is asleep only sends a battery level report. This behavior makes the device almost useless. Can anyone else with one of these confirm that this behavior is normal or if something is wrong with mine?
                  That is the way mine works as well. I have to press the key, and then when blinking do a single or double press to run the requested command. So far, I have only used 16 total, so I have not tried to do anything but single and double press.

I would have preferred to not have to do the initial wake up press, but I have not been able to make it work any other way. Mine was like this when it was first set up as well.

Comment

That is the way mine works as well. I have to press the key, and then when blinking do a single or double press to run the requested command. So far, I have only used 16 total, so I have not tried to do anything but single and double press.

I would have preferred to not have to do the initial wake up press, but I have not been able to make it work any other way. Mine was like this when it was first set up as well.
                    That makes them pretty much useless to me. I only have a less than two second window for the second press as it must be pressed while the LED is blinking. I am getting a replacement for mine to see if they are all this way.

Comment

That makes them pretty much useless to me. I only have a less than two second window for the second press as it must be pressed while the LED is blinking. I am getting a replacement for mine to see if they are all this way.
                      Not sure why you all have to press the button twice on your units. I only have to press a key once for it to send the command. This is bizarre. I have been following this so I thought I would chime in here as to the difference between mine and yours. Not sure what is going on. A different model or did they change something in their programming?

The back of my unit has:
                      BW8510US
                      ZRC-90US

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                        Not sure why you all have to press the button twice on your units. I only have to press a key once for it to send the command. This is bizarre. I have been following this so I thought I would chime in here as to the difference between mine and yours. Not sure what is going on. A different model or did they change something in their programming?

The back of my unit has:
                        BW8510US
                        ZRC-90US
                        I have a new one coming. I will look at the numbers and post how it works when included.

Comment

I just picked mine up from sitting since testing last night and double tapped "2" and got 2003. I then held "7" for a few seconds and released, got a "7002" and then "7001". I then held "6" down for 10 seconds and got an initial 6002 and then a 6001 on release. A quick tap on "1" got me a "1000". Seems to be working as advertised.

This is the remote I've been waiting for to replace the old X10 palmpad. I ordered another one and will likely order a couple more.

Comment

I have a new one coming. I will look at the numbers and post how it works when included.
                            I opened up the info on this device and found something interesting. See pic. Not sure why it did not get this information. Might try excluding and including again to see what happens. running 368 and 144.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just tried exclude/include (several times and also as non secure) based on 368 and 144. All that comes up is the primary device and it says "Sigma Generic Controller" and there are NO child devices this time!

Any ideas on this one? thanks

UPDATE: Upgraded to 148 (with 368) and child devices have come back. Device works as it used to before.
                              Last edited by cowinger; October 11, 2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                                Just tried exclude/include (several times and also as non secure) based on 368 and 144. All that comes up is the primary device and it says "Sigma Generic Controller" and there are NO child devices this time!

Any ideas on this one? thanks
                                I had to reset mine in addition to excluding it to get it to include again. The reset instructions are in the user guide. After resetting, I also had to remove the batteries for a few seconds. They are a little flaky.

I get my replacement today. I will see what happens with a new one.

Comment

Working...
                                X