No announcement yet.

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question, I got mine setup today and used POE adaptor for the connection. Originally I used a cat5 coupler at the end as the cable wasn't long enough to get to the POE injector. I notice that the app on my phone always showed a poor connection signal. So I removed the coupler and went direct, now it toggles between fair, poor, good, all over.

Anyone have similar issues, not even sure this is an issue.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
      Another question, I got mine setup today and used POE adaptor for the connection. Originally I used a cat5 coupler at the end as the cable wasn't long enough to get to the POE injector. I notice that the app on my phone always showed a poor connection signal. So I removed the coupler and went direct, now it toggles between fair, poor, good, all over.

thanks
      When you say removed the coupler and went direct do you mean that you have joined two pieces of network cable together? If so I would look at the joint to see whether or not there was a break in any of the connections.

Comment

This plugin is now in the HomeSeer updater so you will not find it attached to any threads any more, you are welcome to continue discussion surrounding features/bugs/enhancements here so all that is changed is where to find it

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Great news.

In terms of my issue trying to figure out why my signal keeps flipping poor, fair etc.

Just wondering from others if your POE signal constantly says good or what it says before I start tinkering to reconnect things.

thanks

Comment

Update just came through via the plug-in manager - Thanks!

Comment

Great news.

In terms of my issue trying to figure out why my signal keeps flipping poor, fair etc.

Just wondering from others if your POE signal constantly says good or what it says before I start tinkering to reconnect things.

thanks
                I am on wifi however will be switching to Ethernet shortly. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

thanks

Hi,

I had the same issue on the LAN connection which was a result of poor cable connections.

I re-wired and tested and the issues was resolved.

Comment

Good evening!

Brand new Doorbird owner. Let me start with thanking MrHappy for this great plugin!

As I am trying to embed this doorbell into HStouch, I was wondering what URL you guys use to show "video". I don't really care if it is MJPEG or RTSP, at the moment nothing works. I am wondering if it has anything to do with running HS3 on Linux.

This is what I tried so far:

Code:
                    rtsp://192.168.1.144/mpeg/media.amp
                    rtsp://user:pass@192.168.1.144/mpeg/media.amp
                    rtsp://192.168.1.144:8557/mpeg/media.amp
                    rtsp://user:pass@192.168.1.144:8557/mpeg/media.amp
                    http://192.168.1.144/bha-api/video.cgi
                    http://user:pass@192.168.1.144/bha-api/video.cgi
                    http://192.168.1.144/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=640x480
                    http://user:pass@192.168.1.144/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=640x480
                    Those URLs work fine in Firefox or VLC...
                    stefxx

Comment

DoorBird I think owe me an upgrade for all this extra custom!

This is the URL I use in HSTouch, I set IsVideo to true and just have a one second refresh. Would this work for your situation? I've not tried RTSP but I think you may have authentication issues as HSTouch I don't think supports authentication headers.

Code:
                      http://192.168.1.8/bha-api/image.cgi?http-user=username&http-password=password
                      I don't know whether image.cgi can just be replaced with video.cgi and it support the same authentication method by URL arguments.

Comment

Excellent! Yes, I think you are right, HSTouch does not support authentication headers... but this is good enough for me right now!

Another issue, this time related to the PI: I can't get any history images. Going to the config page of the PI (History Images), all images only show "Image 1 Failed To Download: Unknown". Note that the image on the "Home" tab shows just fine.

Trying to download an image by using an event gives an error in the log: "DoorBird Image 1 FAILED to download: Unknown".

Looking at the event, is states it will download to "/html/Images/DoorBird". Note that the default Linux directory is "images", no capital I. But even after creating "html/images/DoorBird" and "html/Images/DoorBird" directories, it still fails.

BTW, viewing history images at the HTML widget (http://192.168.1.144/bha-api/view.html) does work.

Thanks again!
                        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                          Excellent! Yes, I think you are right, HSTouch does not support authentication headers... but this is good enough for me right now!

Another issue, this time related to the PI: I can't get any history images. Going to the config page of the PI (History Images), all images only show "Image 1 Failed To Download: Unknown". Note that the image on the "Home" tab shows just fine.

Trying to download an image by using an event gives an error in the log: "DoorBird Image 1 FAILED to download: Unknown".

Looking at the event, is states it will download to "/html/Images/DoorBird". Note that the default Linux directory is "images", no capital I. But even after creating "html/images/DoorBird" and "html/Images/DoorBird" directories, it still fails.

BTW, viewing history images at the HTML widget (http://192.168.1.144/bha-api/view.html) does work.

Thanks again!
                          somewhat of a frustrating one this one, the problem is with the call to hs.writeurlimage (http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...ehtmlimage.htm) - that is meant to allow you to write to the HS images directory.

If I referenced the path to the DoorBird URL then obviously it is going to fail to load any images the moment you are outside your network (this is how it used to be written when I first released it), clearly not great and the above call is meant to get around that by pushing the image to the HS web server images directory so it shouldn't matter how you are accessing HS.

It seems in Linux this fails no matter what path you provide to it, you are only meant to put a path relative to the HS images directory and this is how it was;

Code:
                          Dim rval As Boolean = hs.WriteHTMLImage(img, "DoorBird\" & IIf(instance <> "", DInstanceName & "\", "") & FileName & ".jpg", True)
                          Log("Image Creation Return: " & rval)
                          I thought perhaps the path may have been the issue but I have tried

Code:
                          hs.WriteHTMLImage(img, "/DoorBird/" & IIf(instance <> "", DInstanceName & "/", "") & FileName & ".jpg"

hs.WriteHTMLImage(img, "/" & FileName & ".jpg"

hs.WriteHTMLImage(img, FileName & ".jpg"
                          And they all fail and return false so it can't write the image correctly, I don't know whether this is a permissions issue or what. I'll try and get an answer, as a workaround I can reference the local address if that would help temporarily?

Comment

Hi,

I didn't even know that function existed, so for my Buienradar plugin I did something like this:

Code:
                                Dim slash = If(IsRunningOnMono, "/", "\")

If (Not System.IO.Directory.Exists("html" & slash & "Buienradar")) Then
                                    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory("html" & slash & "Buienradar")
                                End If
                                image.Save("html" & slash & "Buienradar" & slash & "Buienradar" & index + 1 & ".png", Imaging.ImageFormat.Png)
                            I assume you have your own way of checking if running on Linux already, but this is my IsRunningOnMono function:

Code:
                                Public Function IsRunningOnMono() As Boolean
                                    Return Type.[GetType]("Mono.Runtime") IsNot Nothing
                                End Function
                            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                              Hi,

I didn't even know that function existed, so for my Buienradar plugin I did something like this:

Code:
                                  Dim slash = If(IsRunningOnMono, "/", "\")

If (Not System.IO.Directory.Exists("html" & slash & "Buienradar")) Then
                                      System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory("html" & slash & "Buienradar")
                                  End If
                                  image.Save("html" & slash & "Buienradar" & slash & "Buienradar" & index + 1 & ".png", Imaging.ImageFormat.Png)
                              I assume you have your own way of checking if running on Linux already, but this is my IsRunningOnMono function:

Code:
                                  Public Function IsRunningOnMono() As Boolean
                                      Return Type.[GetType]("Mono.Runtime") IsNot Nothing
                                  End Function
                              Issue with that is if the plugin is running remotely then when you call img.save it is going to save locally with respect to the plugin which if it is remote then the image is not going to sit in the HS HTML directory and then it is not going to be able to be viewed by a web page.

I mean I can add this so on linux it works but the caveat then is that Linux plugins won't be able to be run remotely until I can figure out what is wrong or the command itself can be fixed if it is at fault.

Comment

Right, now I understand. So to answer your question, yes I am fine with the fact that it only works local (until WriteHTMLImage is fixed). And as soon as the WriteHTMLImage function is fixed I need to update my plugin as well

While you are working on the plugin, maybe I can propose another feature? Currently the "Ring", "Motion" and "Light" buttons are activated only for about 5 seconds. I find that a bit short. Especially for the light, as it is actually on for 3 minutes. Is there any way you can make that configurable?

Thanks again!
                                stefxx

Comment

Working...
                                X