No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I have visited the homeseer plugin for home ridge and have yet to get it functioning. I have had success with the HTTP plugin for homebridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, then perhaps you can assist. I'm trying to use the HTTP plugin and I've gotten further. However, when I attempt to control anything I get the following error..

[2/17/2017, 1:55:40 AM] [Living Room Lights] HTTP set power function failed: connect ETIMEDOUT 192.168.1.121:11000

11000 is the JSON port. I think that's the correct port to use. Either way, port 80 doesn't work either.

Comment

So first, is the homebridge server on the same computer as your HS3 install? If not is it on the same subnet as the HS3 server?

Also, have you enabled Json calls in HS3?

Do you require login to HS3 from the local subnet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Guys, I see this thread goes back to 2015. Can you guys give me a quick summary of where thing are with Homekit please? It looks like the plugin may not be coming back anytime soon. So, how are you guys integrating with HomeKit? Does the solution work on Windows?

Thanks so much.

Comment

There are a few different ways to skin this cat, but here is what I'm doing.

- Both Homeseer and Homebridge are running on the same Linux VM on a VMWare ESXi host
            - I'm running Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet (I should really upgrade to an LTS release, but I'm too lazy)
            - I'm running node 5.x from the deb.nodesource.com PPA (which I believe is the "official" node repository). The trick here is being a recent version, but not too recent and one that supports the version of Ubuntu you're running.
            - I followed the directions from nfarina's Github page for homekit
            - I followed the directions from jrhubbot's NPM page for the homeseer plugin installation
            - Refer to the sample configs! It's important to get the syntax exactly right because JSON validation sucks

The main issues I ran into were:
            - Making sure I had a "good" version of Node
            - Remembering to install all the node packages globally ("-g" in the installation instructions)
            - Formatting the config file properly (again, JSON validation sucks, so you have to keep a sharp eye out for semi-colons and closing your brackets properly)

That's pretty much it.

Comment

Thanks ian. I really appreciate it. Do you know if this setup will work on Windows too? I'm hoping to avoid setting up a new computer/RPi/VM just for HomeKit. Anyway to get it working on Windows?

Comment

I've heard that it works on Windows, but I haven't tried it myself. It would definitely be a different setup getting node and npm running on Windows. If you can get that done, the rest should be pretty easy.

EDIT: I take the "easy" part back. I have no idea if homebridge will work at advertising its services on Windows. It uses the Avahi library on Linux and I don't know if there's an equivalent for Windows or if it's built to use the native Windows capabilities for advertising services over the network.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                  Thanks ian. I really appreciate it. Do you know if this setup will work on Windows too? I'm hoping to avoid setting up a new computer/RPi/VM just for HomeKit. Anyway to get it working on Windows?
                  this should be possible. check out their github: https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...dge-on-Windows. the http plugin should work across the board.

do note that you may need to adjust your workstation's built in firewall to allow the traffic. also, there are some settings you will need to enable/identify on your HS3 install.
                  1. No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch) - If this is not set your http plugins json config file will need a username/pwd to make the calls. I have my infrastructure VLAN setup on a separate subnet from my workstations and wireless connected devices, so i have this setting to enabled. additionally, for me I see little value in making usernames to make something secure, then saving them into unencrypted files.
                  2. Enable control using JSON - this will need to be enabled.

Additionally, you will need to gather the reference ID for each device you want to control and have it ready for your json.config file for the associated device. The http plugin is JSON configuration will look similar to this:
                  "on_url": "http://192.168.1.131/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=26&value=255",
                  "off_url": "http://192.168.1.131/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=26&value=0",
                  the reference ID can be found by opening the device and selecting the Advanced tab in the "Reference ID" row.
                  Last edited by Kerat; February 22, 2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'll give it a try... Does this support dimmers, thermostats, and door locks too? Also, can I create a group of devices? For example, if I have 4 dimmers in the living room that I need to control at the same time? Lastly, can I use it from outside the house?

Comment

This is how I got it working on windows. Not sure if it still works but it should.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=402

Comment

it does support dimmers....I don't believe door locks or thermostats work yet...but maybe now they do...

Comment

works on windows but...

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                          This is how I got it working on windows. Not sure if it still works but it should.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=402
                          I followed the indications on this post and have been able to install and configure quite easily the homebridge-homeseer interface but I have an issue where after sometime (very variable ) the connection seems to drom between the bridge and IoS.

after few minutes of so, all my accessories status on the iphone turn to red withe a "no response" message. To fix the issue, I have to stop and restart homebridge-homesser and it will work again for a time but eventually will drop.

I made sur porte 51826 is not blocked anywhere in the firewall and that is forwarded to the homebridge machine on my router.

I tried removing the app, rebuild the config.json, remove the persist directory but still can't find the issue.

any idea anybody on the problem ?

thanks

Comment

I think I might be on a hint, I removed Bonjour from my server, rebooted, re-installed Bonjour and connection has been stable for the last 3 hours

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                            I followed the indications on this post and have been able to install and configure quite easily the homebridge-homeseer interface but I have an issue where after sometime (very variable ) the connection seems to drom between the bridge and IoS.

after few minutes of so, all my accessories status on the iphone turn to red withe a "no response" message. To fix the issue, I have to stop and restart homebridge-homesser and it will work again for a time but eventually will drop.

I made sur porte 51826 is not blocked anywhere in the firewall and that is forwarded to the homebridge machine on my router.

I tried removing the app, rebuild the config.json, remove the persist directory but still can't find the issue.

any idea anybody on the problem ?

thanks

Comment

Hi Guys, I see this thread goes back to 2015. Can you guys give me a quick summary of where thing are with Homekit please? It looks like the plugin may not be coming back anytime soon. So, how are you guys integrating with HomeKit? Does the solution work on Windows?

Thanks so much.
                              I've gotten homebridge working on windows both by installing the entire thing manually as well as using the easy method.

Once configured using either method it mostly works. If your router doesn't support bonjour you're out of luck. I personally have an odd issue where it's not uncommon that the first time I give siri a homekit command, after my phone has been sleeping a while, it times out. The second time it usually works. Almost like it's lost the bonjour connection and needs to reconnect. I suspect this is a homekit issue and not something to do with homebridge. In some instances I get a persistent loss of the bonjour connection and I find that rebooting my phone fixes it.

For the easy method follow the directions here:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost.php?p=1204012&postcount=402

for the manual approach start here:
                              https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...dge-on-Windows
                              Last edited by jmaddox; February 27, 2017, 01:52 AM. Reason: updated to latest ewilliams post, edited for clarity
                              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                              Number of Devices: 1005
                              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'll give it a try... Does this support dimmers, thermostats, and door locks too? Also, can I create a group of devices? For example, if I have 4 dimmers in the living room that I need to control at the same time? Lastly, can I use it from outside the house?
                                Dimmers; yes, I've not tried my thermostat, door locks; yes

Yes you can have a group of devices; any lights you place into the same homekit room will come on when you use the command "your_homekit_room lights on"

To use homekit from the internet you'll need an apple tv device. otherwise you must be on the same wifi network (that supports bonjour).
                                HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                                Number of Devices: 1005
                                Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
                                X