This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    you should be able to register the MS via the usb or battery. If using the battery, you must put the MS into linking mode first whether you are using the manual or tap add process.

I don't see any issues in the log you posted
    I think you may have hit on my issue. I was putting the MSII into linking mode after the HS3 "add" feature. The I-Phone Insteon App is triggered by the APP's request first, so I assumed that was the same order for HS3. I'll try that order next time I need to link. I also apologize to the forum for the long log listing!

Comment

I posted 3.0.6.13 with the next beta support for the MS II.

I have resolved and added the following :

1. The led on/off works
      2. revised battery level graphics
      3. added the dawn/dusk sensor
      4. added temperature scale
      5. added the low battery warning

a few comments
      - still haven't invested the Modes. stick with Occupancy mode for now
      - the Low battery level is adjustable but based on my testing the MS stops transmitting at 1.5v so there isn't much adjustment between the default low level of 1.75v.

Please delete the MS II from the plugin, factory reset the device, and register it again as new. This will ensure you are testing the latest setup.
      Just received my first MS II. And now the questions...

ALL - Given there is no light sensitivity level anymore with the MS II, I'm wondering if anybody tested at what level the dusk/dawn triggers. EDIT - I just got a dusk message with a level of 6

Mark - I can see the different values for the Occupancy mode, some with exotic names:
      • Occupancy
      • Occupancy II
      • Night only
      • Vacation
      • Security
      • Light harvest
      • Party

Are these for drop down list display only for now or is the plugin actually sending code to the MS II ?

With previous versions of the MS, you could play with [Occupancy Mode = On] and [Send On Only = On] to tune it to your needs. And there was a separate parameter [Night Only = On]. I had mine set to work only at night and send only 'On' commands; this would lighten the load on the battery. From what I can tell, the MS II lost this flexibility, unless one these new Occupancy modes regroups that functionality.

Do the dev notes shed any light on this?
      Last edited by claude; April 18, 2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        Just received my first MS II. And now the questions...

ALL - Given there is no light sensitivity level anymore with the MS II, I'm wondering if anybody tested at what level the dusk/dawn triggers. EDIT - I just got a dawn message with a level of 6

Mark - I can see the different values for the Occupancy mode, some with exotic names:
        • Occupancy
        • Occupancy II
        • Night only
        • Vacation
        • Security
        • Light harvest
        • Party

Are these for drop down list display only for now or is the plugin actually sending code to the MS II ?

With previous versions of the MS, you could play with [Occupancy Mode = On] and [Send On Only = On] to tune it to your needs. And there was a separate parameter [Night Only = On]. I had mine set to work only at night and send only 'On' commands; this would lighten the load on the battery. From what I can tell, the MS II lost this flexibility, unless one these new Occupancy modes regroups that functionality.

Do the dev notes shed any light on this?
        claude,

the mode will change the function of the MS but I haven't tested to see if it actually does what it suppose to, and some of the "exotic" modes require additional settings that aren't implemented

I will include a pop help message in the next version that will outline each mode.

try night only if you are interested, but no guarantees if it doesn't work
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark, got two more motions today.

Set one of them up and it is still ignoring the LED off setting. Set LED Brightness to 0. Still blinks.

I am running the .13 beta.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
          Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
          Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Can you check the opflags2 Key in the eevalues within ini to see if it changes when you change the setting via the plugin
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Can you check the opflags2 Key in the eevalues within ini to see if it changes when you change the setting via the plugin

It is set like this: OpFlags2=32,TempScale=F,LEDBrightness=0

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

MS II hard reset procedure

Apologies for hijacking this Insteon thread for a hardware question.

Have any of you tried a factory reset on a MS II? The procedure calls for the MS II to beep: mine is silent, but the LED blinks. So it's hard to determine when to stop holding the 'set' button after applying power. I should mention that I'm doing this by removing/reinserting the USB cable.

Comment

all of mine have beeped. The led also flashes red when the reset completes. I have not tried to reset with a USB cable connected.

Comment

Mark here are some new findings...

1. If you power the motion by USB then you can turn off the LED.
                    2. If you switch from batt to USB you end up with double links. (see image)
                    3. On batt, the temp is fairly consistently 10 degrees low. But when I plug in a USB cable, it less than a degree off of correct. (actually .5 degree's high)

This result is consistent over 2 brand new motion II's.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Also just noticed that the battery "Good" image is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                        Also just noticed that the battery "Good" image is missing.
                        add the below image to the html\images\insteon folder
                        Attached Files
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark here are some new findings...

1. If you power the motion by USB then you can turn off the LED.
                          2. If you switch from batt to USB you end up with double links. (see image)
                          3. On batt, the temp is fairly consistently 10 degrees low. But when I plug in a USB cable, it less than a degree off of correct. (actually .5 degree's high)

This result is consistent over 2 brand new motion II's.

1. i'll reset and check with SH on this.
                          2. please post the links from the insteon.ini for the device. I need to see the details
                          3. I noticed this as well. I already confirmed with SH about the formulas that I posted here. I would say to adjust with the calibration setting. not sure what else to do.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                            Apologies for hijacking this Insteon thread for a hardware question.

Have any of you tried a factory reset on a MS II? The procedure calls for the MS II to beep: mine is silent, but the LED blinks. So it's hard to determine when to stop holding the 'set' button after applying power. I should mention that I'm doing this by removing/reinserting the USB cable.
                            after removing power, make sure to wait about 10 secs before holding set btn and restoring power. the ms should beep for several seconds, then double beep when finished.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark, got two more motions today.

Set one of them up and it is still ignoring the LED off setting. Set LED Brightness to 0. Still blinks.

I am running the .13 beta.
                              based on my test, when on battery and LED off, i do think the flashing is minimized significantly but not eliminated completely.

i'll check with SH on this "feature"
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

1. i'll reset and check with SH on this.
                                2. please post the links from the insteon.ini for the device. I need to see the details
                                3. I noticed this as well. I already confirmed with SH about the formulas that I posted here. I would say to adjust with the calibration setting. not sure what else to do.
                                2. I'm afraid I already fixed the issue. :/ Sorry. If it happens again, I will.
                                3. That was more informational, your formulas work fine.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X