No announcement yet.

Only one zone seen from Evohome multizone thermostat using IPThermostat plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one zone seen from Evohome multizone thermostat using IPThermostat plugin

Hi,

I am trying out the IPThermostat plugin on trial now it has finally been fixed to work with the honeywell evohome api.. It has detected my 4 zones and are each listed as devices with current temperature and setpoint control. However the imperihome plugin only sees one thermostat in the config which is the Hall (the main controller). I have noticed that the devices are grouped together on the devices list screen - could this be the issue?

Plugin config screen:

Zone 2 device config (which Imperihome doesn't see):

I noticed that zone 2 has this in the settings:
    Relationship Status Child
    Associated Devices Hall Honeywell EvoHome Zone:1

Whereas the Hall Zone 2 is a parent root. - Could it be this parent-child relationship causing the child devices not to show in the Imperihome plugin config?

Zone 1 config screens (Hall - which shows)

Thanks,

Rob.

The problem is that the devices do not implement correctly the thermostat API.
    So you need to either ask the plug-in developer to fix that by creating a set of devices for each thermostat (1 root and 2 separate children for current temp and heatpoint) or you can configure some multiswitch and sensor devices to represent your thermostats in IH.

Comment

I think the whole parent-child thing is part of the problem with the IPThermostat plug-in, it really isn't relevant to most EvoHome set-ups so I don't know why its in there. Try running with it for a week or so and see if you keep gaining new rad controllers, if so, then the problems haven't been fixed.

Many (all?) of us EvoHome users abandoned this plug-in some time ago because of the on-going problems that didn't get resolved

Comment

I haven't noticed any superfluous devices being added yet, but I had read about this issue on the forum before. I'll keep an eye out, but as it stands there is no point me keeping or buying this plugin without the rad valve devices being exposed to imperihome.

It seems i'm not the only one who's encountered this child device grouping problem when wanting to use it with Spud's imperihome plugin:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...273783#post203

I wonder, would HSTouch have the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by robyo View Post
          I wonder, would HSTouch have the same problem?
          yes HSTouch would have the same problem, the thermostats would not appear in the climate section of HSTouch because they do not properly implement the thermostat API.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            yes HSTouch would have the same problem, the thermostats would not appear in the climate section of HSTouch because they do not properly implement the thermostat API.
            Yep you're right it only shows the one thermostat in hstouch. No response on the ipthermostat forum about this

Comment

Working...
            X