Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health - CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
    I think mine is faulty and only runs on the one battery in the Primary hold, hence starting at 50%.
    I've solved the issue of the Aeon Multisensor 6 only using 1 battery thanks to Aeon Labs support, who were very responsive and helpful.
    Some manufacturer's CR123 batteries (Duracell for instance) have a slightly recessed contact at the negative end. The batteries they used in early testing weren't recessed. It can be necessary to bend out the negative contacts slightly to make contact with recessed batteries. In my case one holder was making contact and one wasn't. An easy fix and now the device is reporting 100% battery level

Steve

Comment

hi Steve, where can i locate the plug-in download? Also, don't know if this is appropriate question (if so please pardon, i'm new here), but is there also source code available for this plug-in? If so, where? THX

Comment

hi,

thanks for this great plugin, however i get these eerors on startup;

Code:
        	Error - Whilst adding tables to database! SQL logic error or missing database 4 values for 3 columns
        i also try to delete the DB, so it will be recreated, but still the same error. Any ideas?

Bart
        Regards Bart
        ------------------------------------------
        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
        HSPRO 3.
        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by tariggins View Post
          hi Steve, where can i locate the plug-in download? Also, don't know if this is appropriate question (if so please pardon, i'm new here), but is there also source code available for this plug-in? If so, where? THX
          The plug-in is attached to the message at the top of page 13 of this thread.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...186122&page=13

Not an inappropriate question at all, but no source code at present I'm afraid. If I move on from HS or other significant change in circumstances I will probably pass the source code on so somebody else could take over.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
            hi,

thanks for this great plugin, however i get these eerors on startup;

Code:
            	Error - Whilst adding tables to database! SQL logic error or missing database 4 values for 3 columns
            i also try to delete the DB, so it will be recreated, but still the same error. Any ideas?

Bart
            I'm not sure but I will hopefully have time to look in more detail tomorrow. I will probably need to send you a debug version to gather a bit more info when the database is being setup on your system.

What os are you running on?

In the meantime just turn off LogToDatabase from the 'config' page.

Steve

Comment

steve,

im running on windows 7 64 bit, contact info can be found in my profile.

regards bart
              Regards Bart
              HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

steve,

im running on windows 7 64 bit, contact info can be found in my profile.

regards bart
                Bart

A few things to check first:

1. Is there a file called 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' in the root of the HS3 directory, '\\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\'? If there is it will cause a problem.

2. Is the file 'HSPI_SDJHealth.exe.config' present in the HS3 root directory?

3. Is the file 'System.Data.SQLite.dll present in '\\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\SDJ-Health' and if so what is its file size?

Steve

Comment

Bart

A few things to check first:

1. Is there a file called 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' in the root of the HS3 directory, '\\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\'? If there is it will cause a problem.

2. Is the file 'HSPI_SDJHealth.exe.config' present in the HS3 root directory?

3. Is the file 'System.Data.SQLite.dll present in '\\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\SDJ-Health' and if so what is its file size?

Steve
                  steve,

- there is no system.data.sqlite.dll in the hs3 root
                  - yes the config file is present;

Code:
                  <?xml version="1.0"?>
                  <configuration>
                    <runtime>
                      <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                        <probing privatePath="bin/SDJ-Health"/>
                      </assemblyBinding>
                    </runtime>
                    <startup>
                      <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
                    </startup>
                  </configuration>
                  the sqlite.dll is present and is 1.162Kb version is 1.0.95.0

When I open the database, I only see one table for one device, and the table is empty, but has 4 columns. and there is a table called sqlite_sequence, with 2 columns, also empty.

regards

Bart
                  Regards Bart
                  HSPRO 3.

Comment

- there is no system.data.sqlite.dll in the hs3 root
                    - yes the config file is present;

the sqlite.dll is present and is 1.162Kb version is 1.0.95.0
                    That all looks ok then.

When I open the database, I only see one table for one device, and the table is empty, but has 4 columns. and there is a table called sqlite_sequence, with 2 columns, also empty.
                    It looks like it is partially creating the SQLite database but failing with the first table. The structure should look something like the attached.

I will send you a debug version by pm to see if I can figure out why yours is failing to create the database successfully.

Steve
                    Attached Files

Comment

I will send you a debug version by pm to see if I can figure out why yours is failing to create the database successfully.
                      I have sent you a pm.

I notice you're location is NL, Netherlands? I wonder if it has to do with commas as decimal separators. If it is it will be good for me to get that sorted.

Steve
                      Last edited by SteveMSJ; May 24, 2017, 08:50 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Comment

I don't think I did anything special and I turned off any polling that HS may have set up. As long as they are set to wake-up at regular intervals they should report the battery level but only when it changes by a predefined amount. Reading the latest manual the default is 10% and it may take a few months to drop from 100% to 90%. How long have yours been running?
                        I think mine is faulty and only runs on the one battery in the Primary hold, hence starting at 50%. It has been reporting changes as little as 1% so the default may have been different for earlier models. I'm pretty sure I never changed this parameter. I've just checked it (parameter 44) and it is set at 5 although it has been reporting changes as small as 1% so probably different firmware.

Steve
                        Hi Steve, I missed your reply. They have been installed for several months and always report 100%, which is inaccurate as the batteries have died several times. I am using a SEL which is Linux. Curious, are you using Linux or a Windows based Homeseer system?

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                          Hi Steve, I missed your reply. They have been installed for several months and always report 100%, which is inaccurate as the batteries have died several times. I am using a SEL which is Linux. Curious, are you using Linux or a Windows based Homeseer system?
                          I'm using windows but it shouldn't make any difference. Have a look at message #14 of this thread
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179879
                          where I posted some more details.

Steve

Comment

Battery level and rate not changing

I have 3.0.4.9 installed and the level and rate are not changing.
                            Most are Ecolink Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor DWZWAVE2-ECO.
                            Any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
                              I have 3.0.4.9 installed and the level and rate are not changing.

Most are Ecolink Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor DWZWAVE2-ECO.

Any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong?

Not sure if there is anything wrong. The batteries in these type of devices last along time and the discharge curve on them is not linear, so the battery reporting is never perfect. A lot of zwave devices will only report battery levels in step changes of 10%, so you may not see a change for a long time.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                                Not sure if there is anything wrong. The batteries in these type of devices last along time and the discharge curve on them is not linear, so the battery reporting is never perfect. A lot of zwave devices will only report battery levels in step changes of 10%, so you may not see a change for a long time.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                                Thanks for the info, i'll keep my eye on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X